The Mary Sandoe House - Boulder, CO

Upset family member

My father lived at the Boulder Mary Sandoe house for several years before they decided his dementia was becoming so bad they could no longer take care of him. I realized after moving him out of his room and seeing piles of trash and dirty laundry that he was not receiving any sort of help with personal care or keeping his room clean. On top of that, the director of activities sent us to John's new home with the incorrect medication, which is taking weeks to sort out. I am now convinced for years he was also receiving incorrect meds at the Mary Sandoe House. Now that my father is no longer with the Sandoe House and is with a much better-organized assisted living facility, I feel comfortable bringing up these issues. I still worry about the quality of care for Mary Sandoe residents who my father came to call very good friends over the years.

The Mary Sandoe House is the first Assisted Living in Boulder and Mary Sandoe had a desire to help others in the community in 1979. We are a small and cozy 24 residence in beautiful South Boulder with a great view of the Flat Irons that is central to shopping centers, library and bus. Residents enjoys fresh, home baked food and we can manage most diets. We have many activities and there is something going on every day. Mary Sandoe has long term staff that enjoy helping and caring for residents in our community. Our residence is totally accessible for all of your needs. You can be sure your life here will be most like home with lots of love. When you come to the Mary Sandoe House you will like the warm atmosphere and care to your needs.