Sunrise at FlatIrons - Broomfield, CO

Too big for our taste

When we first drove up to this community our first initial thought was that it was too big. It was because it is a tiered place with assisted living, memory care, etc. When we went to tour the facility and talked to the staff they were very friendly. The amenities that they provided seemed appropriate. What I didn’t like about the facility is that it is multilevel and the stairs are not covered. I talked to them and voiced my concern that someone could fall over, but they tried to assure me that they make sure that they get up safely. Realistically the stairs could not be monitored 24 hours a day. So I believe that the stairs should have some type of blockage.

A tour for mom

We toured this community for my mom. The staff was caring and very nice. We liked the clean environment. The menu looked appealing and the activities would have been offered for my mom. The size of the rooms was not big enough for my mom to feel comfortable. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Very nice place. 3,000.00 move in fee. Supply own furniture. Does not take Medicaid. Would share kitchenette with another person. Food, activities very similar to Birchwood. Price for high level of care 6,000.00+/month.

Bad experience

Sunrise Senior Living

Good Afternoon - We are sorry to hear about your experience at our community and would like to speak with you further to learn more. Please do consider emailing information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com with your contact information so that we can connect with you. Thank you, The Sunrise Team

The Options

The tour was really good, seeing a nice community and the atmosphere. My intake to what was being told to me, was not the same as what I was seeing in the Memory Care.They didn't do a lot with the residents. I saw some sitting in front of the television. Not much activities or stimulation. They were professional.

Not the right place

This community had a nice and welcoming staff. The sales representative was also very friendly.The rooms I visited did not smell as clean as I thought they should. I was not sure if my dad would need only a memory care place or an assisted living facility. Initially, he was accessed for memory care. The place I ended up choosing re-accessed my dad and could tell he had definitely improved and was up to assisted living.

Dad's Care and Comfort

This is a nice community for the care of my father. We like the care for my father, but they need more communication. The menu is very appealing and he is pleased with the variety. They offer my father to get involved and he is happy with the trips away from the community. I would gladly recommend this community for the care and the value for other families and there loved ones.

Cost is fair but want $650.00 for spouse or 2nd person.

This is a beautiful, well maintained facility with nice amenities. It is reasonably priced compared to other facilities. I was impressed that the staff (even the maintenance folks) greeted residents by name. The only downside is that the waiting list for independent living is 1-2 years. Rent includes a daily continental breakfast plus one additional daily meal. Unused meals are forfeited.

A great place

The staff here are nice and helpful. The food is good and they keep the community clean. They offer daily activities as well as a gym and a movie house. I would recommend this community.

Enjoying Their Time Here

My parents are really their time here at this community. They are doing quite well, and I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. It is a nice safe community. I'am comfortable with the care they are being provided with. The staff have been very accommodating. They do keep the residents very active with the activities. The meals are nice, and they are pleased. This is a community I would recommend.

Good tour and good facility. Concerned that this would drain budget too quickly, with no medicaid option to fall back on.

I would recommend looking at Sunrise!!

I enjoyed my tour of this community. The staff were nice and knowledgable. The community was clean and they offered a lot of activities. This community was a little larger and farther away than the community we chose.

Hoping For Better Moments

My husband is staying here at this community and it has not be not positive so far. The staff are doing their best to accommodate and make my husband feel comfortable. They are very patient with his cooperation.

Highly Recommend This Community

We are very pleased with this community and my mother is doing very well. We absolutely love this community everyone here is super friendly. It is very clean and looks very nice. The staff is very helpful and super kind to us. They do offer good activities to keep the residents busy. She would say the food is fair. The communication between me and staff has been great. It has been a great experience and they are caring for my mother very well.

Sunrise at FlatIrons made the process as uncomplicated as possible. They are good about getting everyone involved. The nursing staff, visiting Dr, etc, I get updates from everyone. Every time I'm there, they are involved in some activity.

Everybody has been friendly and helpful

Everybody has been friendly and helpful. The residents seem very happy with it. The meals are pretty good. It's institutional food but on the upper side. It has definitely been a very good experience at the Sunrise at FlatIrons. They also offer many activities. There is always something to do. It's kind of expensive but you get a lot of very good services. I would recommend the Sunrise at FlatIrons.

I would give them a 4.25.

We generally like the place a lot. I would give them a 4.25. The people are nice, and the place is beautiful. He is very happy, and has told our family doctor that he is living like a king. The only complaint we would have is that it is sometimes hard to get information, and feedback, we haven't tried real hard, but I just thought they would be more forthcoming. A lot of time there is confusion among the employees. So there seems to be at least some communication issues. They are very attentive, they will find him for activities. They learned him very quickly, and they know what he likes. In general the food is very good.

This facility is beautiful. Just a little too far away from where we live. It also has limited outside space and is located on a busy street.

really good care

It has been a good experience with Sunrise at FlatIrons. The day to day care is really good.

One area where the could improve would be to communicate better with the family.

Justin was nice! However, I did not like the memory care unit. I got the feeling walking through there that the residents were not engaged with any of the staff. They were just sitting around looking sad and lost. My mom did not like it at all. There were lots of "smells" that were not pleasant at one point. It was a beautiful facility so it was strange how I got a "nursing home" feel about it

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review and please know we take all concerns seriously. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details about your experience with Sunrise so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

excellent care

They have taken excellent care of mom at Sunrise at FlatIrons. They take very good care both medically and emotionally of the residents that stay there.

Great place for my dad.

My dad tells of us slow service everyday in the dining room. When we have asked for service repairs it seems to take a few days to get them done.
The facilities are beautiful and very clean. The staff is very friendly.
Overall we are happy we the Sunrise at Flatirons.

Perfect place for MOM and DAD

This is the perfect place for my parents. I like everything you have to offer. This is a big relief finding a place close to where I live. They were living in a 2 star assisted living home in Longmont. I look at it and say they moved from MOTEL 6 to the HILTON.

We're all lucky to have this facility in our neighborhood.

Excellent customer relations. Extremely professional and courteous staff. Excellent facilities, activities, value.

Could not be happier.

Facilities and amenities (t...

Facilities and amenities (transport, meals, etc) seemed nicest so far (about as nice as Balfour). But apts were not quite as big or nice as Keystone.

Upscale Feel but Bad Food

My father is there. He is just in a cranky mood, but he does complain about the food quite a bit, that it is of poor quality. He participates in a few of the activities. I think that it is an attractive. There's an upscale feel to everything. Out of all of the communities that I visited, I thought that they would be the best.

Caring and Attentive Staff

I was very pleased with sunrise. When my husband had a stroke and went to the hospital they commented on what good shape his skin was in. I thought they paid attention to him and seemed to know him as a person. I was always welcome there and I think he was content there.

For a while there I thought maybe he was left in the wheelchair too long but that seemed to change. I like that the staff seemed to know him individually. Sometimes I would be thinking where is the staff?Other times they were so attentive. I think the food could have been better. I think that it was nice that they said they liked his smile. One day when he was wanting to go home the activities director asked him what he would do if he was home. He said he would get a beer so she got him a beer. I thought that was beyond the call of duty to do that. It was nice.

Nice Place

My mother-in-law was there but she did really like the community atmosphere. It was anything about the community. She just wanted to live alone. I really liked it. I thought it was a very nice place but she didn't like it because she thought it was just a bunch of old people, even though she was older than they were. It's very clean and the people are very friendly. We still have another relative there that is doing great. We visit her sometimes for the Friday happy hours.

New Management leaves a lot to be desired

My elder family members (mom and dad) have lived here for several years. New management came in and the former staff that made it a great place were let go, etc. The quality of the food has diminished, the complex is dirty and the parking lot is filled with many cars. There is no place for our family to park to visit. The dining room is so small and crowded you have to wait at least an hour to get a table and guests to dinner are not very welcome. My family has made their home there and have many friends and don't want to leave. If I could persuade them to move, we would gladly remove them from this community.

Fabulous Customer Service

The person that I worked with there was awesome. I continue to call her and ask her questions and even though you've signed on the dotted line you continue to get just fabulous customer service. They're not just trying to get your money. The staff is incredible and the community is beautiful. We just moved him from assisted living to independent living, still in Sunrise. They offer a lot of activities.

Change or management/corporate owner decline in facility

The management/corporate ownership changed in this facility about 6 months ago and it has been downhill ever since. My family members are still there but the food quality and overall caretaking of the facility has been on the decline. Few staff members are there from last year and they are the only ones that do anything for the residents. Even though I am sure this facility is happily full, I would not recommend you move a family member into this facility. WAY overpriced!

All the people are really kinds.

The wait staff in the dining room is very kind and the food is good. All the people are really kind. Mom is very happy with the environment, her only issue the lack of follow through from the maintenance staff. Mom has been their two for more than two weeks and her washer and dryer that come as part of her place is still not working a work order has been put for a while know. Plus her internet that comes as part of the rent isn’t working either, no towel bars in the bathroom and she is still waiting to find out if she could hang some up herself or if maintenance has to do it. The maintenance staff is friendly and I believe that they really do care there just slow to get things resolved.

New facility. Bit pricy. Starts aroun...

New facility. Bit pricy. Starts around 2400. Beautiful facility.

I like the floor plans, the common ar...

I like the floor plans, the common area decor, the staff, probably everything about the place. I'm sure my Aunt could find a home here if she should choose this facility. I will include this in my recommendations to her.

Beautiful

Beautiful

Beautiful property, much like a luxur...

Beautiful property, much like a luxury hotel. We toured for about two hours and saw four residents, very creepy that it was so quiet and vacant.

Beautiful. Mom says too nice and too...

Beautiful. Mom says too nice and too expensive

WOW!!!WE are ready to move in. Direct...

WOW!!!WE are ready to move in. Director was absolutely terrific, she treated us to lunch in the independant living dining room - very tasty. Fitness center/physical therapy-marvelous. Being a "Sunrise" facility again love the pricing structure. We want Mom to visit both Sunrise & Stratford & perhaps this will "squash" her "nursing home" perception.

The bomb

The bomb

Sunrise at FlatIrons is a resort-style Sunrise Senior Living community located at 400 Summit Blvd in Broomfield, Colorado. Situated between the upscale Flatirons Crossing Mall and the Omni Interlocken Golf Course, Sunrise at FlatIrons offers a lifestyle free from the worries of home maintenance, an impressive collection of services and amenities, and a solid plan for the future. Sunrise at FlatIrons prides itself on its convenient, desirable location where senior care choices abound, from independent living, assisted living, Alzheimer’s care, short term stays, respite care, and hospice respite care.

Our superior amenities provide an unparalleled resort-style lifestyle with outstanding services to enhance everyday living. Immerse yourself in all our community has to offer within its beautifully designed neighborhoods and surroundings – from entertaining friends and family at your choice of dining venues, taking a stroll in the manicured courtyards, hiking on our regional trailway system, or pampering yourself in our Oasis Salon. Explore the rich bounty of daily benefits that await you as a resident of Sunrise at FlatIrons in Broomfield, Colorado.