The Lodge at White Bear - White Bear Lake, MN

The Lodge is lovely and has many services many we might never use. We have decided we would miss a kitchen and it is very costly; however, we have not made any final decisions yet.

Vet friendly. Warm and embracing. Not too sterile and doesn't feel like a nursing home! Upon first glance, seems to really support/empower residents to live as independently and as comfortably as possible. staff are very kind and I loved that the residents varied in ages, again keeping it less nursing home like. I love that they are connected with the VA and that they post pictures of the vets who are living there!

Very Expensive

I really like this community but I am now thinking it's a little more expensive than what I can afford. I am very happy here I love my apartment it has quite enough space for me. I do quite a few of the activities that they offer. The food is here is very good. The staff is very friendly and nice always happy to help. I would recommend this community if you could afford it.

I toured The Lodge and it really appealed to me. It has all the amenities I could possibly want. I still have a few more places that I would like to look at before I make any decisions.

We toured a few different communities. This one was nice. The community was very clean and well maintained. The staff seemed friendly and was helpful on the tour. It is located in a central location very near to stores.

Mom is doing good

The staff is friendly, helpful and accommodating. They encourage mom to participate in some of the daily activities. The community is and the grounds are beautiful. Mom is not happy with the food. I would recommend this community.

During Our Time Here

I think my mom needs more support like more assisted living. The staff has been great with being there for my mom. So far all has been fine. The community is good but it has not be a good fit for what she needs.

A good experience so far

Dad seems to like participating in some of the daily activities they offer. He likes the food and they keep the community clean. The staff are supportive and friendly. We like that the community is accessible and I would recommend it.

Love it!! Amazing!!

My dad absolutely loves it here. The entire staff is very friendly, warm and inviting. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a senior living center.

Good place for mom!

My mother seems to be adjusting well at The Lodge. I think most of the staff leaves around 7-7:30 which I find odd. Other than that things are good and she's taking advantage of the activities they offer.

My mother felt welcomed here. The location was nice, retail nearby but also park/pond in the back (nice!). The building is undergoing renovations, so it was not as nice as I'm sure it will be (bare walls, limited furniture, etc.) Representative was very welcoming and sincere. No underground parking was available, only detached garages (limited).

My mother felt welcomed here. The location was nice, retail nearby but a park/pond in the back. The building is undergoing renovations, so it was not as nice as I'm sure it will be (bare walls, limited furniture, etc.) Representative was very welcoming and sincere. No underground parking was available, only detached garages (limited).

My Tour

We did like our tour. The staff was super nice and everyone seemed happy. We saw that it was a bit older building with white walls, that looked like a hospital or nursing home. It is non-smoking and looked like not a fun place. To us it seemed not inviting and outdated, it had the look of a nursing home, which is not what we wanted.

could do better in certain areas

I was not impressed with the cleaning of the apartments. The bathroom floor was not for a while, the kitchen floor and no dusting. The only thing they really do is take the garbage and change the sheets.

They do make sure the clients stay busy, the day is full of activities.

The food is good, and good variety daily.

They do care for the people their, the people are really nice to everyone, they do really care.

wasn't a good fit

We didn't really like The Lodge at White Bear. We ended up moving the resident out. It just wasn't a good fit at this facility.

ideal

The staff are very friendly at The Lodge at White Bear. My mom has loved it from the first time she checked it out. The staff is the greatest. It feels like home for her. She gets three meals a day, they do laundry, cleaning. All she has to worry about is getting herself dressed and ready. It has been a really good fit for her. They always have coffee on hand and snacks 24 hours a day. This facility is really ideal. The administrative staff go around with coffee at every meal and get a chance to get to know the people. We could not be happier.

very pleased

The woman that we placed at The Lodge at White Bear had her husband pass away and she needed a place to go quickly, and did not have any cash. She had some pension and insurance money coming, and they took a chance and let her move in there when she was not able to pay for it up front. Other places would not have done that. They have really done an excellent job. The food there is really good as well.

One thing they might could do is to have some sort of mentor program to help new residents get acclimated and learn the ropes. The staff is really good, but they can only do so much.

Overall we are very pleased.

I would look into anything they say might be available, before moving.

In terms of how clean and friendly they are, and the food, it gets a triple A rating. This wasn't the best option for us. I think it is overall a good place, but they work very hard at misrepresenting themselves. They made it look like they could bring in affordable care, as conditions worsen, but it's all out of pocket, and depends on the care that is needed. They kind of misrepresented that there might be a stipend for living there through the V.A., and it's not quite like that. Don't just go on the assumption that medicare coverage is all you will need to live there. It is an independent place, and as an independent place I think it would be nice, probably more of a four. I would look into anything they say might be available to you, before moving.

very friendly

Jackie and Mike, the managers, are great. It is very clean and the staff are all very friendly. The dining area is very nice, and the rooms and the entire facility are kept very clean. It has been a very good experience with The Lodge at White Bear. I have no complaints and would recommend them.

Friendly, welcoming staff

Things have gone very well with The Lodge at White Bear so far, I'd give them top marks across the board! The people are friendly, the facility is clean and well kept, and even the food is good! They really go out of their way to make everyone feel at home, and also do a good job orienting new residents to the community. I'd recommend them to anyone looking into care in the area!

Some may want 3 meals a d...

Some may want 3 meals a day but we don't want to pay to eat out always. The travel feature is unique and attractive but the rates ( see above ) are quite high

Beautiful building & ground...

Beautiful building & grounds! Great amenities & Wonderful staff with managers living on premises. All meals & linen service included. Pay extra for phone. Health services on site-pay extra or covered by Medicare. More costly, but month to month. Further away than we would like.

The staff is very friendly and welcoming

We haven’t used the care services yet, but there two services there. The staff is very friendly and welcoming and theygo out of their way to help you tremendously. I’ve eaten there several times and the food is excellent. There is enough parking – we’ve never had any trouble.

I really liked this place t...

I really liked this place too. Looks like a nice hotel. Love the special touches like the chef in the kitchen, beautiful park and courtyard. I know my mother would like this one too.

Close Location

I don't know about improving, but I like them because they are close so I can check on my brother-in-law.

Only kitchenettes in this l...

Only kitchenettes in this location. Love to cook, so not right for us at this time. Love the location though.

Visited this facility in Ju...

Visited this facility in June. Liked the open atmosphere when I first walked in. Manager spent over an hour asking me questions and taking the tour.

I have seen this and really liked it

I have seen this and really liked it

The place was exactly what I am looki...

The place was exactly what I am looking for my mother. The package value was unbelieveable. The safety of this place is great. The entire area was well keep and clean and no smell. Plus, the residents were like my mother with walkers.

Dad liked this place. The staff was h...

Dad liked this place. The staff was helpful and friendly. Residence seemed to like this place.

Slow info presentation. Nice large a...

Slow info presentation. Nice large apts. Smell but not all over. Residents seemed happy. Affordable but location a problem.

N Cty Rd E, WBL. 10 yrs. old. INDEPEN...

N Cty Rd E, WBL. 10 yrs. old. INDEPENDENT. Holiday Retirement. 4pm mass @ St Peters NSP. 115 apts. met w/ The Director. very pretty. smaller apts than Heritage & slightly more expensive. Lunch w/sisters & Mom.

Nestled in beautiful, secluded woods overlooking a modest lake, we offer small town charm with big city attractions. Healthcare, shopping, dining, golf and entertainment are all just minutes from your front door, and we’re a short drive from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind