Gable Pines - Vadnais Heights, MN

Review of Gable Pines

Looking at options for my parents... I think I found the right place. Beautiful, but really comfortable. Nice apartments with really high ceilings and good light. The people there seem very happy and friendly.

Review of Gable Pines

Great community. Staff are so helpful, go out of their way to help my mom. Mom receives great care.

Great Place to live

Gable Pines Is an excellent facility with great staff. It is the best Memory Care design I have seen with a great outside garden, nice dining area and sitting area. The rooms are good sized and well kept. The food is really great and good variety. Best of all I feel that my spouse is safe there and well cared for.

Sandy Pennington

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to provide the best resident and guest experience each and every day.

Looked nice, but not as good as others regarding size (big) with LONG halls to manage for impaired walking for spouse. Required moving to another apartment if moving up to assisted living -- also for spouse.

Mom is happy here

Mom is happy here if she has any questions or needs something done in her apartment they are very responsive. She has an 1bdrm apartment with a full kitchen and little patio. They will clean her apartment 1x a week and she does her own laundry. The food is good they have a continental breakfast and she can get either lunch or dinner if she doesn't use them they just stack up. She enjoys all the daily activities they offer. The staff is nice. They have a shuttle that runs every Thursday that will take them to the Dr or grocery store. They have a nice rooftop patio also. I would recommend them to others.

Sandy Pennington

Lack of health care staff on duty-Scary situation here in Memory care

My aunt lives there, constant changing staff and management. They can't keep good people for some reason? We get used to someone and then they are gone. Heath & Nursing is understaffed possibly enough to be a violation. Nice residents with plenty to do there but I wouldn't want my family living here because of the lack of health care staff.

Sandy Pennington

Thank you for providing us with this valuable feedback. These issues have been addressed.

Visited yesterday. Excellent activities. New facility. For profit. Does not accept state waiver.

Hopefully things will improve

My loved one is here right now and it’s taken some adjusting. There are a lot of changes going on right now with the staff so I’m not completely pleased with the way things are going. I’m hoping that once these changes take place, things will improve. The food is good, I guess. The facility is kept very clean and housekeeping comes by once a week to clean the room and do one load of laundry. They seem to provide a whole different variety of activities like a bible study, a social hour, there’s a musician that comes in, they have church, and there are few games too. The other residents seem very friendly and welcoming. The price we pay includes all of the utilities, the TV and cable, phone, and housekeeping. With everything that’s going on right now, until they get a few things straightened out, I would not recommend them.

More like a lodge than a nursing home

My mom is here currently and everything is going really well. The community itself is right by my house and I actually watched it being built, so it made it an easy choice. It’s very nice and it’s more like a lodge than any type of nursing home. She seems to be doing really well considering it was a tough transition at first. The staff has been really good. The only problem right now is there is a big staff change going on, so I’m hoping they can keep up with everything. The staff in the dining area has had a really good report. You walk into the dining room and they always have a smile on their faces, they know all of the residents’ names, and they just seem happy to be there. The food is really nice too. If you don’t want something that they’re serving, they’ll happily make you something else and they have 2 separate menus that you can choose options from – one is a regular menu and the other is filled with alternate options. Dinner is served from 5 to 6:30, so there’s no rush for you to get there and if you don’t want dessert then they’ll pack it up for you for later. They have tons of activities like movies, entertainers will come in, there’s a craft room, an exercise room, and bingo. There’s pretty much new things going on all the time and the activities director is very nice. There are 4 steps for extra care, depending on the level that your loved one is. My mom is in step 3 and that includes help with medicine, help with bathing, and they help her get to and from the dining area. They also gave her a necklace that she can wear that has a button she can press if she needs help. I love it here and my mom loves it here and I would recommend them to others.

Very Nice Community, but Kitchen Flooring Concerned Me

I had pleasant tour of this community. My tour guide was a kind gentleman. He was friendly, and informative. The community looked very nice from what I was shown. My concern was the kitchen in the room he showed me. The flooring of the kitchen was paper like. That scared me a bit, and I didn't wanna be responsible if anything happen to the floors. It was a nice experience, but I didn't feel it was the community for me.

Our move for my mom is going pretty well. She is starting to participate in activities. The staff are providing a really good job with the care. Everything is great so far.

Best place to be at this point of our lives.
Great employees.

Very upscale!

The Galbe was brand new and looked way too upscale. The chairs in the dining room were designer, and it seemed like overkill. The decorations were nice. It was mostly Assisted Living some memory care.

Gable Pines

Overall I think Gable Pines is a very nice place. The staff is friendly and professional, and they genuinely seem to care about the people that they look after. Really the only issue we've had is that getting in touch with specific members of the nursing staff can be a long process. That being said, the care staff in general are very responsive to requests. I would definitely recommend them!

Very Pleased with This Community

My father was in this community during his transition period. He did very well during his stay at this community. I knew he was safe, and being provided with great care. I was very pleased with all they did for my family. This is a very nice community with caring people.

Wonderful care and nursing in this assisted living facility

This is a beautiful place to live with extremely caring staff. We especially appreciate [Removed], the assistant who helps my Grandma each day, and [Removed], who waits on her each night in the dining room. Their sincere care for her has helped to put us at ease knowing she is in good hands there and that they are really looking out for her best interest. The food there is wonderful and we really appreciate that we can join her for lunch or dinner when we want and just have to pay for our own meals. The nursing staff is quite thorough and their attention to detail has been appreciated. There have been a few surprises in regards to fees and care costs that were not disclosed at our first meeting, that we found out about after deciding to move her into there. We have ended up paying much more than we had thought we were going to, but we know that she is in good hands.

Wonderful place, too expensive for us, Mom back to not moving at this time, [Removed] was very understanding, helpful, Gable Pines has very nice size one bdrm with den, can all washer/dryer, use necklace alerts, pullcords in bathrm only, liked the size of the den, bathrm, closets, and storage room, many nice community rms, rooftop patio, theater.

You'll Wish You Had Moved Here Years Ago!

Gable Pines was a gift from heaven for our family. A housing situation collapsed putting my parents into a hotel over the Thanksgiving week with an immediate need for future housing. Gable Pines was one of two options we reviewed as referred by "A Place for Mom" after noting certain picky circumstances needed.

Walking into Gable Pines was like walking into a family's get together. The spirit of the people was immediately accepting, kind, accommodating, caring and amazingly welcoming. Anyone would feel comfortable and excited to have the opportunity to live here. The facility was spotless, well designed, incorporated a multitude of social opportunity and the residents and staff were just delightful.

My parents had a beautiful home with a river running through the back yard and plenty of space and serenity. Gable Pines may not have a river running through but it definitely has beautiful grounds, options for plenty of comfortable "home" space as well as a community that is amazingly alive and you don't have to brave the cold to visit your neighbors!

Being six states away, there is a sense of peace that my parents are in a safe, friendly, and loving place that they are enjoying immensely. The area has everything you need within one square mile. We looked a few years ago and I am guessing they wished they had moved here then!

We loved Gable Pines. It was very welcoming, from the general atmosphere to the staff to the residents. When we walked in there was a sign with our names on it welcoming us. A chef or cook was at the reception window talking to the receptionist and eating some pumpkin bread and offered us a taste and then a piece of it. We were greeted very warmly. We were led by [Removed]l to a private dining room where we talked for a few minutes before the actual tour. We met a resident of the memory care community who said she loves it there. We saw a few different apartments and they all looked nice. There are several areas where different activities occur for the memory care community, including a kitchen area where they can make toast and have snacks. The dining area was very bright and cheery. We saw residents in a group doing some music activity. This was a Saturday morning. They have a dedicated movie theater and popcorn machine there, and this is where some church services take place also. They have activity rooms in the assisted care community areas also that the memory care residents go also at times. The main dining room is where they also go to do events and holiday dinners. We tried the food and it was delicious. So far, this is my favorite place. They take the residents, including the memory care residents out on outings more than once a month, and have bands and groups come in to entertain also. A top notch place and the staff seem to really care. Staff to residents in the memory care community is 1 to 4. We also met a resident of the assisted care community who was also very happy there.

The food is out of this world!

This is the best place for us. We have a nice apartment with a patio. Housekeeping comes in every other week to clean it. They have a beautiful theater where they show movies three times a week. They have a roof top patio, tool room, craft room, hairdresser and they bring in entertainment once or twice a month. They offer independent and assisted living along with memory care. I have nothing to criticize and I would recommend this community.

Sam Rinke

Thank you for your review! We love hearing the positive things our guests and residents have to say. We strive to create a warm welcoming community each and everyday and to show outstanding hospitality in all aspects of our services. Thanks again for your review!

A grand place!!

This is a brand new community. The people were nice and they offer daily activities. They allow pets. Mom just did not feel she was ready to move into a community yet.

Sam Rinke

Thank you for your review! Well whenever she is ready, just know you are both welcome back anytime and we are always willing to talk to you about living options for your mom : )

Above and Beyond!!

I would absolutely recommend Gable Pines. The housekeeping does a great job maintaining the whole place organized and clean. She loves living there and has made some friends. At the moment she has not been participating in activities but the staff and her friends are encouraging her to a level of comfort. I feel like this is a safe place for her. She is surrounded by wonderful caring people.

Sam Rinke

Thanks for your review! We are so glad she is enjoying herself and that the family is happy with her new home. We have great services we provide to our residents and love creating new and interactive ways for them to enjoy their lives here at Gable Pines. Safety is top of mind here and we are so glad you that this is a safe place for her. Thanks again!

Best Of The Best!!

My mother in law is receiving good care. The staff encourages her to a point where she is comfortable with participating in activities. My mother in law has lunch and dinner with friends in the community and it's great. She seems really happy. The place is kept clean and it's also very safe.

Sam Rinke

Thank you for your review! We really strive to create wonderful living experience here at Gable Pines for our residents and having happy residents is a result of what we do as a team here everyday. We value your feedback and are so happy your mother in law loves her new home!

Happy Home

I would recommend this community to others. They provide excellent meals and a good variety to choose from. Activities to help keep active and participate for enjoyment. The staff is very nice and always helpful here.I am very happy to be in a clean enviroment here.

Sam Rinke

Thank you so much for the review! We really appreciate the feedback. We strive everyday to create an amazing living environment for our residents and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying all the benefits of living at Gable Pines.