Scandia Shores - Shoreview, MN

Great atmosphere, beautifully decorated, spacious rooms, friendly staff and residents. This is a great location and option as it is priced very competitively as well. The lunch was very tasty.

Going Extremely Well Here

We couldn't be happier here I am so glad we chose this community. From the first day, we started meeting new people and joining in the activities they offer. Everyone from the staff to the residents has made us feel welcome and part of the community. The food is very good. Our apartment is a good size 2 bedroom 2 baths just right for the both of us. It has a very homie feel to the community. The staff keeps it very clean and well maintained. We would recommend it to anyone.

Friendly Tour

My tour of this community was a good one. Everything went well, and everyone was very kind. The staff was friendly, and answered all my questions. They have nice activities, and good food. It is a really nice place with friendly people.

Tour was Pleasant

My tour of this community was a nice one. Everything went well, and the staff was very kind. The community was clean, and neat. Everything looked well-kept. The experience was pleasant one, this is a nice community.

No complaints!

The community at Scandia Shores has been great. My loved one has been very pleased with the community since the move. She is enjoying the variety of meals offered. The community also offers a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy. We are all very satisfied with the level of care they are providing!

Offers many services but doesn't feel like the right fit for me. Maybe later

Terrible Food - Health Code Violations Are A Daily Occurrence

Food quality is terrible. Hot foods are cold -- clear health code violations are every day cases. Residents get sick from the food on a daily basis.

Beware!

I DO NOT recommend living here. This past winter the heat was not working in the apartments for 4+ days and the maintenance supervisor would not even come in to try and fix the problem! The administrator is clueless and the corporate office is only interested in filling the apartments, but not maintaining them or the rest of the building.

Friendly staff

The staff is friendly and professional. The facility is always kept clean and well maintained. Everyone is so nice here. The residents are even a joy to be around and seem to be well taken care of and well rounded.

We only visited the facility and from what we saw it was very clean. The one staff member we met with was very nice.

It's very good. I haven't had any complaints so far.

It's very good. I haven't had any complaints so far. I would rate them very highly. A five at this point.

It's working out very well.

It's working out very well. The food is excellent. I have been amazed at how much stuff they offer. The people who live here have been more than friendly to me. It's not just the residents that live here the staff is also very friendly.

We toured here, and this was our first choice.

We toured here, and this was our first choice. We chose to move here, we were all ready. Mom backed out, she got nervous, and just didn't want to move. They were great, they worked with us. Maybe we will still be able to get mom to come around and make the move, and when she does, it will probably be to here. Mom liked it, too. The move itself was just too much for her yet.

Stay Away From Scandia Shores

I would definitely NOT recommend Scandia Shores to anyone. When my family member moved there 5 plus years ago, it was a relatively clean and professionally run place. In the past year or so, the meals have gone down drastically in quality, but the price charged to the residents has increased dramatically. The dining room is filthy with old dried food on the tables, chairs and floors. The hallways are vacuumed only once in a while, so debris lays all over the hallways for weeks on end. The head maintenance person is awful -- an attitude problem. The weekend maintenance person is no where to be found when needed. The administrator is definitely out of her league (over her head) and doesn't seem either capable or interested in managing the facility professionally. If you care about your family member, definitely do not have them live here!

enjoyed the tour and their ...

enjoyed the tour and their attitude. good prospect, enjoyed the 40% mix of income assisted to blend the community,

Friendly and helpful staff!

Overall we've had a good experience with Scandia Shores! The were all very friendly and very helpful during the whole move-in process and getting her acclimated to the community. It's a nice looking, clean place, and from what we've heard they do a good job with the food as well!

This place really seemed wa...

This place really seemed warm and welcoming. I could definitely see my mom there. The only problem really was that there was no Sunday bus service to her church. I also saw that the only Saturday andSunday activities were Bingo sessions. That with the lack of bus service on Sundays could leave the week-ends rather long and potentially lonely.

Liked the staff. Not enoug...

Liked the staff. Not enough amenities.

We love it.

We love it. The weekend staff isn't there if there is an accident or a problem, but it's senior living not assistant. They are very nice here and the staff is helpful. The food is very good, we have a chef instead of a cook. It's a safe community, price was an issue. It was a good price for a safe community and very good clean living. We've settled in very well, and are very pleased.

Too Expensive.

It was a real nice place. The apartments were small though, and too expensive for me. I ended up moving into Carefree Cottages, and I love it there.

Very nice - but we don't feel we are ...

Very nice - but we don't feel we are quite ready to be tied to mandatory meals, etc. quite yet.

Director was very friendly and helpfu...

Director was very friendly and helpful, gave thorough information. even with the low rent eligibility, it is too expensive once the meals, phone, internet, laundry, heat,pet fees, etc are added up; the carpets were not well vacuumed; there is not a continuum of care available, located on a very busy street, limited views, transportation to medical appointments limited to one day of the week and within 5 miles...

Very nice place. Have to take the mea...

Very nice place. Have to take the meal plan unless a doctor note is received saying you cannot participate for medical reasons.

Join others who have decided to move to a place where the best things in life can be found - companionship of friends, attractive surroundings and convenient services - giving you peace of mind and freedom to live the lifestyle that you desire.