The Lodge at Wake Forest - Wake Forest, NC

The Perfect Place

My mom has been living at The Lodge of Wake Forest since April of 2018, and she loves it! At the age of 90, it's very important that she live in a safe, clean and friendly environment. She has all that and more: good-tasting meals, fun activities, transportation to her local doctor and lots of new friends. Thank you, A Place for Mom, for guiding us to the perfect place for our dear mom. We highly recommend your services.
Since being thrifty is one of Mom's strong traits, we were thrilled that the cost of living at The Lodge was within her limited budget. Thanks, A Place for Mom, for being there when we needed you!

The Lodge at Wake Forest

The staff is caring and very friendly. They go out of their way to take care of the residents. For example, they had a pharmacy give us each our flu shot, they had election judges come to arrange absentee ballots, and they had an ice cream truck come by to give us cones just because it was Wednesday!! They have in-house physical therapy and you can have hospice care here if you need it.

Nice environment; Friendly staff; Food good: ate lunch and snack during tour; Looked at studio apartment: compact; Plenty of daily activities; Planned outtings; Pricey: not for middle class citizen.

Clean Property!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my loved one since she has made the move into this community. The property was very well maintained and it was easy to navigate throughout the building. The staff did a great job with the presentation and made sure to answer any questions I had for them. Overall it has been a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

I took a tour!

My tour of The Lodge at Wake Forest went well, the facility was clean and in good shape. The tour guide was welcoming and friendly, but the rooms were just too small. It was not what we were looking for.

Friendly, welcoming staff

They've done an absolutely fabulous job at The Lodge at Wake Forest, I'd give them a 5+! The staff here are friendly, welcoming, and really try to make this place feel like home to the residents. Everyone is like one big family! I like that the managers (2 couples) live on the premises full time, and they really get to know each and every person that lives here! They really bent over backwards to help my loved one feel welcome and get settled in. I really can't recommend them highly enough!

Review of The Lodge at Wake Forest Independent Living in Wake Forest, NC

Beautiful place. The people were very welcoming. Lots of activities. Just not affordable.

Lots of extra charges

This was a little bit different, they had kitchenettes, they had washer and dryers on the landing and they charged for linen service. They were a little more rigid, they charged for more things. I think medical transportation was jsut two days and if you had to go to one a different day they would charge you some amount total or per mile.
They had a lot of incidental charges and people who come out of the Great Depression, those things make them crazy. The meal plans were things like breakfast and lunch or breakfast and dinner and any other meal would cost extra. With something like that people wouldn't eat because the whole structure was too confusing.

Nice enough but not the lev...

Nice enough but not the level of service we need. She needs more care than they have in house.

Too independant.

Too independant.

Visited. Smaller rooms than some but ...

Visited. Smaller rooms than some but very nice and close to my daughter.

3 meals - Active = Like the studio - ...

3 meals - Active = Like the studio - Holiday retirement

Built among the gently rolling hills of North Carolina, you’ll be charmed by Wake Forest – a historic village with a bustling downtown. The area features wooded parks to stroll through, nearby shopping and excellent medical care.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind