Atria Oakridge - Raleigh, NC

My father's Care

The community is outstanding. The staff is always helpful. We like that the community. is clean and maintained. We have had meals together and the variety is very good. I like knowing that he is starting to participate with the other residents in the activities that are available. I would recommend this community for the care and the good value that is available to other families for the care of a loved one

Atria Oakridge - Dads home now.

My 90 year year young father has been a resident of Atria Oakridge for over 4 years. He truly likes and enjoys living there. He enjoys all the activities, and the friends he has come to make while living there. We recently had a 90th Birthday party for him on-site and the staff was extremely helpful and the food was good and plentiful. It gives us great peace of mind that he is happy and treated well.

Family Inclusive Activities

New management has made a huge effort to invite family and friends to join in activities in the past six months. These efforts are appreciated by all, with the recent Memorial Day Cookout being a standout event!

Overall summary

The people here are great! Everyone is so friendly and helpful and it just like one large family. Keep very busy with all the good activities and love the concerts we have. Overall I think we are in the best senior living place in Raleigh.

Downhill slide continues ... don't be fooled by the Marketing

Regrettably Atria continues to struggle with food service, overall management and most importantly resident safety. My mom has lived there for a number of years and the staff turnover since the transition to Atria has been significant. Three Directors in less than two years speaks to Atria's inability to effectively manage this facility. Rents continue to skyrocket with a just announced 8% increase.
Atria excels at Marketing. The facility does indeed look great. They keep the facility clean and bright. Unfortunately the day to day living experience is not commensurate with the initial appearance. Couple this with annual monthly rent increases in the $400-$500 dollar range and I would strongly encourage folks to look carefully and most importantly to look elsewhere.

Katy Miller

Hi, Frank. Your comments are concerning to me and I’d like to continue this conversation with you. I’ve passed this along to our Executive Director who would like to meet with you in person. If I can help in any other way, please contact [removed].

Not as good as it was...

My Parents have lived here for the past three years, we were highly impressed with this facility when they first moved in. In the three years that they have been here the managment has changed a few times and they are unable to maintain the quality we have grown accustom too. The restaurants food, service, and menu has become a main concern for many of the residents, it is a far cry from what was offered a few years ago. The value has been on a steady downward spiral, with the increases in rent.

Kate Vance

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your parents’ dining experience. Though there has been some transition in our community, we strive to make changes in the best interest of those we serve. We would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns personally to hear specifically how you feel we can improve. Please feel free to reach out via [removed] and kindly include "Atria Oakridge” in your subject line. We are here to help!

We found a place for Mom and my Mother in law.

This is a Five Star Independent living community. I searched numerous Assisted Living and Independent facilities for my Mom and this one was the best fit. The staff goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome and a member of their family. Current residents can't say enough about how much they love being there and how excellent the food is. The community is 100 percent full and we had to wait several weeks to get our foot in the door. The rooms are gorgeous and very large. Great value for the money! And yes, we also took a second room for my Mother In Law.

Excellent community and Joy...

Excellent community and Joyce provided a wealth of information and tour of the community. This community is in our top 5.

Good experience

The people are very friendly! It's a quite active community, there are a good variety of good activities. The one odd thing was that they didn't have a map, it would have been helpful for the first couple of weeks. We liked the number of open public areas, this was one of the reasons we chose them. There are good size meeting rooms and a library. They have a lot of places to meet, and they aren't all right down at the front. They felt kind of homey. I felt like it was very competitive for the price point. The rooms have a little architectural flavor, and they have a small full kitchen, and they all have either a sunroom or a patio.

too expensive and have to p...

too expensive and have to provide own w/d

Kate Vance

Thank you for your review. Atria is proud of the high standard it sets for its senior living communities, and strives to continually improve the experience of all residents and families. While we do ask that our residents provide their own washer and dryer, we’ve found that they value the privacy this arrangement provides and it seems to prevent misplacement of items of clothing, which can sometimes happen in a communal laundry setting.

Worth the money

It's expensive but I think it's a really nice place to live.
1. It's extremely clean
2. The ambience is very, very pleasant
3. The apartments are bright and light and well spaced. The bathrooms are very nice and large.
4. The people were defintiely kind and friendly and the food was excellent

4/13/2013 Visited/toured. Very nice a...

4/13/2013 Visited/toured. Very nice apartment layout but complex is small (apx 125 apartments) concern is that no separation between 'active' residents and 'impaired' residents. Concern that situation could become like The Stratford. The residents and staff that we met were friendly.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I know it has been a while since you last visited our community, but I do want to address your concern regarding the variety of residents we serve. Our residents represent different ability levels, but we have found that our most active residents tend to enjoy activities together and form friendships with those who share common interests. We hope that you will visit us again soon. If we can ever answer any questions, please contact us at [removed], or you can email [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

This was a lovely place. I was ready ...

This was a lovely place. I was ready to move in. We thought that the rooms were a great size. The dining was the only real problem. They serve breakfast and dinner, no lunch. This would have taken some adjusting for my mother. The staff and residents were very friendly.

Atria Oakridge offers residents a lively social atmosphere while taking care of the housekeeping, cooking, and even transportation. Whether escaping with a good book on our patio or cheering on your favorite team in our sports lounge, your time is truly yours. We offer educational and cultural opportunities, fitness classes, social clubs, group outings and more. And we’re located just minutes from shopping, dining, parks, churches and downtown Raleigh. Spacious apartments, inviting common areas, delicious chef-prepared dining and a robust calendar of events are just a few of Atria Oakridge’s outstanding features. Our staff is available 24 hours a day to ensure your comfort and safety while promoting active bodies and minds through specially designed programs.