Capital Oaks Retirement Resort - Raleigh, NC

Excellent choice

My 95 yr old father has resided at Capital Oaks since May, 2016. We have been very pleased with facility. We have years of experience with assisted living for my husband's mother. My father moved to Capital oaks from another facility. This is the best place we have seen. Food is excellent, healthy and available by served buffet or free snack bar. If you want desire a different meal, whatever you want, kitchen will prepare for you. If resident unable to go to dining hall, then meal will be delivered to room. Housekeepers use hospital grade equipment & cleansers for each room & do not use "rags" from one room to the next. Staff & residents very friendly. If a resident needs add'l care, then this is available thru Right at Home an inhouse nursing service. Add'l hourly fee that can be broken into 15 mins increments. Ideal if you have parent who may have cold & you want nurse to check on resident's well being. This is a lot less than assisted living prices. Yes, there are staff changes but we have always been pleased with standards in all areas.

Very Disapointed

I am so very disappointed with this community. My mother moved in last year when the facility was brand new and they were happy at the start, but with the change of the management team and head chef, the place has gone to the dumps. The management team is rude, condescending and uncaring. When they are questioned about problems or concerns, they often hand out “Warning of possible Eviction” notices. The new head chef, cut corners at every turn and since the facility filled up, they often run out of staples like Orange Juice, or hard boiled eggs, and you don’t want to be the one who complains or you will get an eviction warning. Another issue is the poor construction, at this point the place is only a little over a year old and the have had major leaks in units flooding the hall ways and some other units as well as pipes bursting ruining the entire movie theater which was closed for repairs for over a month. I have also contacted the home office for the corporation and they are also no help.
I have left this review anonymous for fear of reprisals against my mother. So very disappointed in our choice.

What a beautiful facility. Everyone was so friendly from the minute I walked in the door. The amenities were amazing. I am not sure my mother needs so much but it is nice to have these options.

Home

Very good . Helped me so much. Im in a place they suggested. I love it. Thanks ,so much.

A tour for dad

I like the tour that we received for my father's care .We think that the staff is very caring to the residents. The menu was appealing and the activities would have been good for him. We would recommend other's tour this community for the care of a loved one.

No Complaints About This Community

My love one is doing very well with her move to this community. It is a nice facility, and I'am comfortable with her move here. She is doing well, and she in good hands. They have kind, friendly staff, and they do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. There are good activities available, and they provide nice meals for the residents. I would recommend this community to my friends, and family. We haven't had any problems with her move here.

Tended To Be More On The Independent Living Side

The community was wonderful. It was lovely inside very nicely furnished. The person who took us on the tour was very knowledgeable and was able to answer any questions or concerns that we had. This place is wonderful if you are looking for the strickly independent living however for my parents we were in need of more of the assisted living so this was not going to be a good choice for us.

Too Expensive, but Overall A Wonderful Community

We had a very good tour of this community. Everything went great. Everyone was kind to my husband, and I. The community looked great, and everything appeared to be very well kept. The staff was kind, and helpful. Our questions were answered. This is a wonderful community, but unfortunately their prices were out of budget.

Mom's Care and Comfort

We toured this community for the tour. The staff is nice and we were offered to come back anytime for a meal. We like the staff who are very nice. My mom did like the community and the menu. They offer a nice variety of meals. we would highly recommend this wonderful community to other families for the great care from the great staff for a loved one.

Nice Tour, But Not A Good Location for Us

This is a pleasant community, and our tour of it went very well. The community looked nice from what we saw. The staff was kind, and friendly to my family, and I. The experience was a good one, but the location of this community was not convenient for us to travel too.

Very good!

My wife and I just moved in and it has been a good experience so far. The move in went smooth and we had a good tour before choosing this community.

Wonderful place for my parents!

My parents recently moved to Capital Oaks. This all-inclusive retirement community provides for all their essential needs and more. I call it living in a cruise ship with an apartment rather than a stateroom.

Transportation to shopping, entertainment and doctor appointments provided as well as on-site pharmacy, salon, gym (with a sauna!) and a 150-seat theater. Three meals a day plus snacks are available and my parents and I can attest that take food is excellent.

The residents are friendly and welcoming. Some
apartments have walk-out patios or balconies. And pets are welcome at first-floor apartments with walkouts!

Mom Is A new Resident

The staff have been friendly and welcoming since my mom has moved in. It is still new to her and she is getting use to the lifestyle. She likes the meals they serve her and the staff have shown her where the activities are. My mom likes that they have a lot of card games and the activities that are available.

Caring For My Mother Well

My mother is well at this community. So far since her move to this community, everything is working out pretty good. It is a well-kept community. They do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff is great. There are nice activities available for the residents. She is pleased with the meals they serve. It is a community I would recommend. They are providing her with good care, and I'am satisfied overall.

Excellent facility overall. Rooms were smaller than where Mom is now. 2nd exit to patio is a really nice option. Theater is awesome. The overall cost is on the high end, however, it seems most everything is included in the rent. No acreage for walking trails, etc.

A nice community!!!

We had a good tour of Capital Oaks Retirement Resort. I did find it was a little to expensive for us. They offer a lot of great amenities. There is to much stuff going on than I think my aunt and uncle could enjoy.

Senior living at it's best

We've been here now for a week and our initial beliefs have been borne out. The building itself is great, the food outstanding , and the residents are extra friendly. Can't sit down for a meal without someone joining us. Since were still an us a fairly high ratio of couples was an added plus in our decision. Would recommend Capital Oaks unconditionally.

Review of Capital Oaks Retirement Resort - Raleigh, NC

Beautiful surroundings.

Thank you for helping my husband and I find a senior home. We moved in on 2/26/16. We have found Capital Oaks to be a wonderful decision. The facilities, staff, food and all other services are wonderful.

The help that we received from A Place For Mom was invaluable. We viewed and visited 5 facilities (All 5 were listed on the list provided by A Place For Mom). We chose Capital Oaks because it provided everthing we were looking for.

I will gladly recommend Capital Oaks. Thank you.

My Mom recently moved into The Capital Oaks Retirement Resort. She absolutely loves it there. She is so pleased with everything, including the wonderful staff, the meals, and the options for activities!!
We were so concerned about how Mom would adjust to her move and we truly could not be more pleased. It is so nice to see her so happy and excited!!

Many thanks to Capital Oaks and their entire staff for making this a great experience for our Mom !

Going great

Things are going great at Capital Oaks so far. I do not have any complaints about the facility or the staff and things are going well.

Highly recommend Capital Oaks!!!

We LOVE Capital Oaks! It's marketed as a resort lifestyle and it truly is like living in a Hilton resort. The common areas are large, beautiful and functional. The staff is amazing and well trained. The Freedom Dining program is offers the best food and beverage in the a triangle with 24/7/365 access. (Their prime rib buffet on Sunday's is outstanding) If you're sick or just don't feel like going downstairs, room service will deliver meals to your apartment.

Dad's apartment is VERY nice and spacious compared with the other 7 properties I saw in the triangle. It has stainless steel full sized appliances and granite countertops in the kitchen and bath areas as well as a washer and dryer in the unit. Housekeeping changes the bedding, vacuums, dusts and cleans the bath weekly - it's include in the price as is cable and VOIP phone.

Hayes Barton Pharmacy is onsite and they offer medication adherence packaging for about $20 monthly. Dad just pushes the pills out of the blister packs with his thumb for breakfast, lunch, dinner and bedtimes and we never worry that he is messing up his fairly complex medication regimen.

The only negative I have found is that Capital Oaks doesn't meet the criteria for long term care insurance. Since that isn't their charter, you just need to be aware of this fact.

Everything has been great. No complaints at all....great services provided.

Spacious and Beautiful Capital Oaks

My Dad is one of the first residents. Spacious apartment homes, beautiful common areas and super friendly (and helpful) staff await you and your family at Capital Oaks. The dining room is amazing and the food is very good too. It's nice to have fruit, sandwiches and healthy snacks available 24/7/365 in case Dad runs long at an appointment or has the midnight munchies.

We LOVE the medication adherence packaging of Dad's pills and monthly pharmacist check in provided by Hayes Barton Pharmacy! Pills are grouped into morning, noon, dinner and before bed "bubbles" that are easily punched out and taken. It really helps keep Dad on track switch his meds. The print out accompanying the packaging goes with him to all doctors visits to ensure all providers are in sync with what Dad is taking. Hayes Barton has a satellite branch on "Main Street" on the first floor of Capital Oaks - couldn't be any easier - and it's only $20 monthly for the packing - a tremendous value!

She is happy and content there

Capital Oaks is going really well. She really likes the apartment. Her reason for choosing this facility is she felt going in on the ground level of a new place would help her establish new friends better. That has been absolutely the case. She is in the single ladies group. She was one of the first residents moving in. Right now they cant get enough people interested in activities. There are new people moving in every week. Right now they are not doing the job that they did the sales job on. I think things will improve as more people move in. I've eaten some meals with her and she doesn't fault any of the dining staff and doesn't fault any of the other staff. She is happy and content there. It is a little pricier than some of the facilities we looked at. This one is more inclusive though so I think as you add those things up it's probably more comparable. The facility is beautiful. They have an awesome theater and a nice lounge area, and a room for activities.