The Lakes of Litchfield - Pawleys Island, SC

• Secure Memory Unit
  • Long Term Care
  • Short Term Rehab

Review of The Lakes of Litchfield - Pawleys Island, SC

Everything is so convenient.

Lorraine

Hi, Faye - Thank you for your excellent rating! We're so glad that you're enjoying the lifestyle at The Lakes. Our staff strive to go above and beyond to provide excellent dining experience, wellness classes and social events for our Members to enjoy!

Review of The Lakes of Litchfield - Pawleys Island, SC

For the friendliness, the people you meet here are just fine people.

Lorraine

Hi, Faye and Herbert - Thank you for your kind comments and excellent rating of The Lakes! Thank You!

Review of The Lakes of Litchfield - Pawleys Island, SC

I like my house, well actually. I love my house and I just love it and I also like the security here.

Lorraine

Hi, Eulalie - Thank you for your excellent rating of The Lakes. We're so glad that you're loving your home, maintenance free living and security! We appreciate your feedback. Thank You!

Review of The Lakes of Litchfield - Pawleys Island, SC

The greatest thing about the Lakes is the food, it is excellent. Also, all of the concierge’s and transportation are so very kind, I would rate them as an “A+”.

Lorraine

Hi, Dorothy - Thank you for taking the time to review The Lakes and we're so glad you love living here! We pride ourselves on offering one of the best dining programs in the industry, with flex dining dollars, always changing menu and array of dining options. We appreciate your feedback. Thank You!

Review of The Lakes of Litchfield - Pawleys Island, SC

We love it here because of the lifestyle.

Lorraine

Hi Don and Grace, Thank you for taking the time to review The Lakes! We're here to serve our Members and our staff enjoys putting together an array of excellent dining experiences, wellness classes and social events for our Members! Thank you for taking the time to leave this excellent review.

Review of The Lakes of Litchfield - Pawleys Island, SC

I like the idea of transportation, to be able to make a phone call and I can go wherever I need.

Lorraine

Hi, Connie - Thank you for your 5-Star Rating! Our transportation program is truly unique and it's what makes life so easy living at The Lakes. Our concierge and drivers are always happy to help our Members get to appointments, shopping, and meetings with friends! Thank you for your feedback.

Review of The Lakes of Litchfield - Pawleys Island, SC

What I like best is the friendship. Being with people and not feeling lost. I have made beautiful friends!

Lorraine

Hi, Christine - Thank you for your excellent rating of our community. We understand that moving to a new place and not knowing anyone can be a hard change. At The Lakes, we're always blown away by the love and support that new Members receive from our current Members. It's lovely to see new friendships formed! We appreciate your kind words and we're so glad to have you as a Member of our community.

Review of The Lakes of Litchfield - Pawleys Island, SC

I just really like the atmosphere

Lorraine

Hi, Carolyn - Thank you for your excellent review of our community! We're glad to hear that you love the atmosphere of our community, our maintenance and design teams work hard to put together a community that is home for our Members. Maintenance Free Living keeps everything in order and they're just a phone call away! We appreciate your feedback!

Review of The Lakes of Litchfield - Pawleys Island, SC

The quantity and quality of Food.

Lorraine

Hi, Bob - Thank you for taking the time to review The Lakes. We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying our dining program! Our dining service is a leader in the industry with flex dining dollars, an array of dining types (private dining, group dining, to-go, delivery) and we love providing excellent and nutritious meals for you to enjoy! Thank you for your feedback!

Review of The Lakes of Litchfield - Pawleys Island, SC

I like it here because of the company. Activities and the food. It has a very home like atmosphere and I can’t want for anything.

Hi, Blanche -
Thank you for taking the time to review The Lakes and award us with 5-Stars! We're so glad that it feels like home to you and there are so many activities! It's great to walk right out of your home and be able to walk to activities, dining and wellness programs! We always hear that it's like living on a cruise ship and we think they're right! Thank you for your feedback!

There are so many things that are great about The Lakes. The security, friendliness and openness to suggestions. I couldn’t just name one, there are too many!

Lorraine

Hi Betty - Thank you very much for taking the time to award our community 5-Stars! We strive to go above and beyond to make our Members experience at The Lakes exceptional. Having comment cards in place for our programs, including dining helps us refine our methods, skills and offer a better experience for our Members. Thank You!

My favorite thing here at The Lakes is our fellow residents and the staff.

Lorraine

Hi Bill and Lucille - Thank you for awarding our community 5-Stars. We love to hear that our staff are going above and beyond to meet and exceed your needs! We strive to put people first, always and make their social, dining and wellness experiences at The Lakes at Litchfield first-class! Thank You!

The location is nice and homey, it doesn’t feel like an institution.

Lorraine

Hi Betty - We are so happy to hear that you've been enjoying your residence at The Lakes at Litchfield! Thank you for your 5-Star Rating!

The friendliness of everyone and the surroundings are very pleasant

Lorraine

Hi Ann - We're happy to hear that you're having such an excellent experience The Lakes at Litchfield! Pawley's Island is such a wonderful place to resides - beautiful flora and fauna, shopping and activities make it the perfect retirement location. Thank You!

It is nice to have fellowship with so many wonderful people and the food is delicious.

Lorraine

Hi Annette - Thank you for taking the time to award our community 5-Stars! Our staff love to go above and beyond to ensure that our Members are having the best social, dining and wellness experiences. We're so glad to hear that you've enjoyed connecting with all of your neighbors! Thank You!

I think it’s a great place. There shouldn’t be any trouble wanting to be here. I love it here.

Lorraine

Hi Donna - WOW! Thank you so much for your kind words about our community. We're glad that you experience has been outstanding. We go above and beyond to provide our Members with exciting and new social, dining and wellness programs as well as the quality care that they require. We appreciate you awarding our community 5-Stars!

The food is good and tasty. The size of this place is just right, not too big and not too small. Everyone is friendly, staff and Members. As far as activities, you can take on as much as you want. There is a lot on site, library, restaurant, gym, pool, salon, and even greeting cards that you don’t have to leave for now unless you want. And last but not least, you don’t have to stay here all day waiting on the repair man!

Lorraine

Hi Bob and Barb - We are so glad to hear that you've been enjoying all of the amenities which we offer at The Lakes at Litchfield, including our maintenance free living! Not having to wait on a repair man is pretty great, isn't it? Thank you for your wonderful review!

Just wonderful people; a great community to live in

Lorraine

Hi Muffie and Guy - Thank you for taking the time to review our community and award it 5-Stars! We are so glad that you're enjoying all of the wonderful social, dining and wellness aspects as a part of The Lakes at Litchfield. We love having you both in our community!

Having skilled care is a wonderful option to have.

Lorraine

Hello Mary - Thank you for taking the time to review our community and give it 5 Stars! We are so happy that you are pleased with the services available at The Lakes at Litchfield. Living in a LifePlan community, we provide all the services need for our residents to live longer, healthier and happier lives! We exist to serve our Members and are happy that you've had such a great experience. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to better serve you in the future!

Incredibly Happy at The Lakes

I have been a member at The Lakes at Litchfield for almost 2.5 years. I was looking only at The Lakes, honestly. I lived in North Litchfield and wanted to stay in the area. I wanted a place that is friendly. My husband and I had planned to come here. Sadly, my husband passed. I decided to move for a larger sense of community. I really wanted a cottage. My sons helped me make the decision. They looked at it and knew this was perfect for me. I like the Wellness Program and sitting with my friends at dinner. We talk about everything that has gone on in the week. We truly have great meals. I have friends visit from other communities and they always praise the food. I love living in Pawleys Island. We came here to retire from my husband's business. That is one reason that I chose to retire here. I love having a home and property with my cottage. The best part is I do not have to do any work in the house with housekeeping and maintenance and The Lakes maintains the yard. I think the our dining staff is incredibly nice. I am definitely happy with my decision to retire at The Lakes. I wasn't sure at first but I am very happy.

Lorraine

We are so happy that you enjoy all that our maintenance- free lifestyle has to offer. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Right Decision for Me

When deciding where I would retire, I knew that I wanted to live in Pawleys Island. My grandparents lived here and I visited them and this place all my life. I knew I knew that I wanted this area. I had a sister-in-law that lived here. She became sick and was transitioned to skilled nursing. I saw that they took good care of her. I wanted to only move once and so I decided to move into a house where I could be as independent and active as I wanted to be. I have become very active in the local community mentoring weekly at an elementary school and volunteering at Baskervill's Food Pantry. I am a member of the activities committee and take part in the wellness program a lot, enjoying water aerobics, Wake Up Workout, and more. There is a very good adult education opportunity through Coastal Carolina University. I have taken a few classes. They also offer a monthly book club. It is nice to not have the house responsibilities. I don't have to worry about the roof or gutters. You can call whenever you have problem. Retirement is a change. Be sure that you are ready for the change. Make the right decision for you. For me, it was easy because I know and love the area.

Lorraine

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy that you were able to stay in the area you know and love for retirement.

Ready to Join the Stress-Free Life at Litchfield

I came to The Lakes at Litchfield two years ago from Florida to be closer to my son who lives here. I was looking for independent living and something close to my son. The people that live here are incredible and that truly was the deciding factor, even after looking for places in Florida. The people here are very friendly. I visited twice before deciding.

At the community, I enjoy the pool and the classes. The Wellness and Social Directors are incredible. You could not ask for better staff. They are so patient and bring so much fun to the community. You really need to come to the community when you are able to enjoy what they offer. I play cards and Mahjong. I like the entertainment that is brought in. We have concerts which are quite amazing.

I was ready to come. You live longer here if you get involved in wellness. There is less stress living here. They take care of everything. You do not have to cook, clean, or even change light bulbs. I have made some wonderful friends.

Lorraine

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the maintenance free lifestyle, social activities and wellness classes. You have clearly started a new chapter at The Lakes at Litchfield.

Meets My Needs

In 2012, I made the decision to move to The Lakes at Litchfield. When searching, I was looking for a place that served my needs and where I could enjoy being with similar people. The continuing care offered at The Lakes helped with the decision. It is a relief that I have the added safety and can be cared for if needed. I like to sing and help out with the monthly birthday/ anniversaries dinner. It is fun to be a part of that. In years past, I have been a member of various choruses and quartets. I attend the Men in Motion class which is in the Wellness Program. It is good exercise. I also enjoy the monthly Men's breakfast and lunch. I would advise people to take a good look at The Lakes. The church I attend is quite close and I sing in their choir. I volunteer with Helping Hands which is a program at The Lakes to help transport members to doctor's appointments and such if the transportation services are booked. Helping Hands is very diverse so everyone is able to help other members. I enjoy being able to help.

Lorraine

Thank you for leaving a review. It is wonderful to hear about your life at The Lakes at Litchfield.

Very Happy with Decision

I came here in Fall of 2006 . The reason I came was my son lived in Florence which was close. He researched retirement communities in the area and found that The Lakes at Litchfield was the best Continuing Care Retirement Community in the area. I have friends that do not live in a retirement community who struggle with transportation. Here, you do not have that. They provide transportation and the drivers are wonderful and very helpful. If you get caught in a pinch, they will take you. My husband was in Assisted Living when we were married at this community. He moved into my Independent Living house and then sadly got sick again. He was in skilled nursing and went through therapy. I was very happy to have all the services on-site. I have also participated in the occupational therapy when I started to struggle with walking and trouble with opening jars. I liked that he did not have to move to various locations and I could continue to visit him. I like that they have many activities. If you want to be involved , you can be involved up to your eyeballs. If you don't want to be involved you do not have to be. They have many outings. I do Wii Bowling and am active in the Wellness Programs. I am very happy with my decision to come to the Lakes. Anybody that is looking down the road for continuing care, should look here. A lot of people do not think ahead. They are healthy now but do not think about potential healthcare needs.

Lorraine

Thank you so much for leaving a review Virginia. We are so happy to hear about your life and the way that you are making this community your own.

Wasn't right

This was the closest to us and it was the one I was hoping would really work out and this was a nice and wonderful facility. Personally, I'm a Christian and I prayed real hard about this. They were going to see about her having a dog and we didn't think any of them would allow the dog (she has a 2o and a half year old dauchsund that looks just like her, it could be a resident) and they said they would look into it for me and she never called me back. I had prayed and asked God to open or close doors and I felt that was a closed door, so I really believed it was not supposed to be, and it was quite a bit more expensive too. My husbands mother was in the Alzheimer's unit and it wasn't that old back then, it was a good facility, they took good care of her there. She was very difficult, she just had a lot of problems, it was quite a journey through that time period.

Lorraine

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Our number one goal is to provide a beautiful, safe and rewarding environment for our Members and we look forward to an opportunity to improve our delivery of service.

You worked hard for years to build up equity in your house. Now you want to enjoy the fruits of your labor by ridding yourself of the burdens of home ownership. Many retirement communities require you to spend your hard earned equity simply to move there.

At The Lakes of Litchfield, Pawleys Island’s Premier Retirement Community, if you don’t want to, you don’t have to. The choice is yours. You can enjoy all that life has to offer by renting or by investing your money in a refundable occupancy agreement.

From flexible dining dollars, full-service Wellness Center, on-site Continuum of Care and healthcare staffed by a Registered Nurse, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, The Lakes of Litchfield offers a high quality of life at very affordable rates.

With one and two-bedroom apartments and two and three-bedroom single-family cottages, The Lakes of Litchfield has comfortable home plans for every need or desire. And with 24-hour staff and push button security, you’ll never feel safer in your own home.

Call 843-235-3777 today for an appointment to learn how you can live The Weller Life® living at The Lakes of Litchfield. Affordable, carefree retirement living with the option of no upfront equity, that’s living The Lakes of Litchfield life!