Carolina Gardens at Garden City - Murrells Inlet, SC

All updated and renovated and open after a year off flor flooding. I was interested in independent living and while these clients are welcome, the cost is for assisted living, which I was not interested in for a family member.

Outdated
They are doing improvements but the studio rooms are very small and the bathrooms are much too small. You can't even fit a rollator walker in there. This is the lowest price of the ones we looked at on the Murrells Inlet area.

Biggest minus is the pricing by level of care needed which potentially can change every 30 days as they assess you monthly. We feel much more comfortable with a facility that has all inclusive pricing like [Removed]. However, we really did like the people we met who work there! The pricing structure is just a deal breaker for us.

Not as nice as others in the area.

The community at Carolina Gardens at Garden City was little larger and older than others we visited. The staff that offered the tour were kind but not as welcoming as we had seen. The community does offer a separate memory care unit.

1) it had a very medicinal ...

1) it had a very medicinal smell in the main building, 2) the staff did not speak to us at all during our visit, 3) the residents were rather apathetic in general and none were 'well groomed', 4) the spaces were not well lighted and it was kind of gloomy (it was a rainy day, but the facility lacked adequate lighting throughout), 5) the activities planned for the residents did not compare well to those offered at the other two facilities and, 6) most distressing, their business model is very focused on medical issues versus stimulation, happiness, well being, and resident socialization. We have eliminated Agape Senior. I would not recommend this facility to any family or friends looking for a loving/caring environment.

Great!

I have been very pleased with all my interactions with Agape Garden City. Everyone seems to really care and has gone above and beyond my expectations. I feel like my Mother is in caring, capable hands. I am grateful for this kind group.

Maybe too secure

This was also nice and it was reasonably priced. The only problem I really had with this one was the fact they had a lock on the main door for the main area and I felt that he would have a problem getting in and out of the main door.

Dark. Cleanliness was an is...

Dark. Cleanliness was an issue as there seemed to be no polish to the place.