Myrtle Beach Estates - Myrtle Beach, SC

visit [time and date removed]. [name removed] was very nice. Memory care center was somewhat sad and had the escape artist that we got to witness. Older center, smaller facility than others.

A. Very good visit with this site. Lots of areas for activities and eating. Rooms were clean and very nice. Reasonably priced for the area. Development located in a nice quiet neighborhood. This home had everything I was looking for.

This is a large facility. The memory care unit and assisted living residents are in two different buildings. Good staff coverage on memory care unit.Several different choices of room layouts and each room has private bathroom. Facility located on quite road. Assisted living residents appear quite active in the community.

No Problems During Our Tour, Just Not The Right Fit

We had a nice tour of this community, and everything went well for the most part. The community appeared to be well-kept, everything we saw looked nice, and clean. The staff we came across was nice, and helpful. Our questions were answered. The experience went well, but we did feel this was the right fit for my mother in law.

Tour Was Good One

My tour of this community was a good one. Everyone was kind, and friendly. The staff was friendly, and helpful. The community was pretty clean. It was a nice experience, but this was not the community for my mother, and her needs.

So far so good

The food is good and they offer healthy options. They offer daily activities and the staff encourage my parents to participate. The staff are helpful and friendly. The community is really nice and located right off a thoroughfare. The community is back into the woods. This community has large rooms and I would recommend taking a look at it.

Keep Looking

The employees are very nice. The building does not smell good. As a construction professional, I see water intrusion.
Look further.

My tour

We liked this community when we visited. The people we met were nice and the community seemed clean. The community had a homey feel to it. This is an older building and we did not think our loved one would have been comfortable here.

Not a good place!

The tour was good. The person that took us was helpful and very knowledgeable. I just felt very uncomfortable walking through the halls. The place felt like a institution and that was unsettling. There mental facility that they have is horrible and I would never want to go back.

Friendly People!!

The Myrtle Beach estates is a nice community. The man that showed us around was very friendly and informative. The building was just a bit older compared to some of the other communities we toured. Also, they only had one room suites, my mother needed a bigger apartment for her stuff.

Just to Expensive!

We really enjoyed the tour of this place. We saw that the residents were out and doing things. The staff was able to take us to see most of the building and answered all of our questions. The reason we did not choose them was because of the price.

Need More Security!!

Anyone can walk in the bedrooms because there is no locks on them. My mother needs to feel more secured. It would be nice for her privacy as well. My mother really loves her meals they are healthy and well proportioned. The staff are all nice and keep in contact with the family. One of the things i really liked was the positive atmosphere that is felt here.

Cleanliness of the building

Hello my mother is there and it use to be very clean every since December the cleanup of the place is not so good I use to come in if I had a problem I would ask Frankie to come in and she was great at getting any mess cleaned up and helping mom get comfortable when it was the PCA job she didn't mind they use to have 2 housekeepers Garrett does good but he needs help he can't do it alone maintain both buildings I don't know what happened but they need her back you notice a big difference in the building when she was there whatever she did it was with a smile they need to have more outdoor activities for ALZ residents food could be better

Great Smell

I love the feel and the smell and the overall feelings. It is a great feeling, The carpet is very old but they are in the process of replacing the carpet. The only other thing is I wish they would move the movie night into another room. I feel like it gets to many people in the main movie room.

I CAME HERE WITH ONE THAT I CARED FOR IN HER HOME FOR MANY YEARS. I'VE OBSERVED ALL OF THE ABOVE.THE STAFF I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH, ALWAYS A SMILE AND HELLO FOR ALL,EXTREMELY KIND AND SO HELPFUL.
THE CLIENTS ENJOY THE COMPANY OF OTHERS,THE MEALS ARE WHOLESOME AND IF ONE WOULD LIKE SOMETHING ELSE THEY TRY HARD TO PLEASE.
THE ACTIVITY DIRECTOR,WELL, I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH,SHE'S A JEWEL SO CREATIVE WITH A SMILE,HER IDEA'S AMAZING,SHE BRINGS THEM MEMORIES OF ANOTHER TIME..
LIFE CAN BE FULFILLING ONCE AGAIN FOR WHATEVER THE REASONS MAY BE FOR THIS NEW BEGINNING,THEY FIND COMFORT HERE WITH ALL NEW FRIENDS FROM THEIR OWN EXPERIENCES IN LIFE.

They have treated my mom with a lot of respect. The food is good. Her laundry is done and it is also folded. Every person treats her with respect there.

Beautiful place to live

The caregivers at Myrtle Beach Estates are excellent to work with and very helpful in all areas of my parents relocation.

Caring and Friendly People

The caring and friendliness of the people at this facility is exceptional. The only issue that I have is that sometimes when I visit, my Mom's room is not as clean as it should be. The rest of the facility is very orderly.

Friendly, caring staff

Our experience with Myrtle Beach Estates has been a very good one! The staff here is very friendly and professional, and they really helped a lot through the whole transition. The medical care here is great, the nurse Faye really goes above and beyond making sure the residents are well taken care of!

Very nice place!

We used Myrtle Beach Estates for a brief respite stay, and overall I was very impressed by how things went. The facility itself is organized and clean, and the director of the memory care section was very helpful throughout the whole process. We had to have my loved one's medications adjusted slightly, and that process was handled very well.

Review of Myrtle Beach Estates

God bless you for caring! I am very pleased that my mom gets the best care from all of the employees here at Myrtle Beach Estates. She enjoys the activities and food and some of the employees even let her use their cell phones (because mom doesn't want to tie-up the office line). Thank you :)

Review of Myrtle Beach Estates - Myrtle Beach, SC

Just wanted to say "thank you" for all that you did to make Rose [last name removed] comfortable and I know that she enjoyed her relationship at MBE.

I was very pleased with your care of her from October 2008 til her death. She always had such nice things to say about her care and attention at MBE.

Thank you again for your loving care!

Review of Myrtle Beach Estates - Myrtle Beach, SC

Great people who will become your friends (management and others). Great walking areas outside, great things to do such as Bingo and crafts etc. My main thing is food but they listen to your ideas and are working on meals getting better, and see improvement. Desserts, some are being handmade GREAT. Great aids, they are nice to be around and will work with you. Just like being at home away from home.

The staff is very friendly and seems genuinely engaged of the health care of the residents..

The staff is very friendly and seems genuinely engaged of the health care of the residents. They are very responsive to any requests I have made. My mom has actually developed personal relationships with the care givers. The facility itself is always very clean. Everyone has been very nice and helpful. The value is pretty good. The care services have been very good as well. They offer plenty activities.

Review of Myrtle Beach Estates

Four years ago I had to make a hard decision. Placing my mother in an assisted living community. When I found Myrtle Beach Estates I felt the weight of the world was off my shoulders. Thankful every day that my mom is living in such a caring place. I visit quite often. From the staff I see care and concern for the residents. I hear kind words and soothing voices and I watch lots of needed hugs. A warm caring assisted living with a wonderful staff, my mom is content and happy. So grateful.

The administration staff has been real nice

Overall, the administration staff has been real nice. I've had some trouble with the administration of medications, which is the handing out of the medications. The food i'm not impressed with at all. The other staff is friendly but I have seen friendlier. The facility is always very clean. They do a good job at cleaning it. They do offer activities, but I have seen better activities at other facilities.

Review of Myrtle Beach Estates in Myrtle Beach, SC

We learned about Myrtle Beach Estates from an emergency room physician, attending to our dear mother, after a fall. This doctor told us he had trusted Myrtle Beach Estates with the care of his own father. We feel we were blessed to find such a nice, clean, and safe environment for our mother. The staff has become like family and the facility is small enough that it isn't overwhelming for the residents. It offers individual privacy within a close-knit community.

Review of Myrtle Beach Estates Assisted Living - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

I am often in this facility I do not like saying. Facility as it is so home like for the residents. I feel it is a beautiful place and all staff involved and very attentive to the residents needs and go above what is necessary to provide for their needs. They truly treat the residents as if they are family and how they would like them treated themselves. If ready, I would send my mother there.

Mom is very happy

Mom is very happy there at Myrtle Beach Estates. They keep her busy and happy.

Randy there is great, but he is only one person and I do think he could use more help. But he does a great job!

The place is very friendly and they have really been a big help.

short but good experience

My mother was only at Myrtle Beach Estates for about three weeks before she passed away, but during that time it was a very good experience. They did everything possible as far as making us feel comfortable and taking the best care of mom they could have.

Nice looking place!

Things have gone well with Myrtle Beach Estates overall! My parents really seem to be enjoying themselves here. The employees have all been very receptive, helpful, and polite. Their apartment is beautiful, the facility itself is well kept and clean, and they've got plenty of activities and entertainment for the residents.
We did have an issue come up right when they moved in, but they got it resolved quickly and efficiently!

Impressed with the tour on ...

Impressed with the tour on Fri., Aug 22. Have additional places to visit, but this place was a great start. Staff was friendly, place was clean, residents seemed content.

This place is a joke

Sorry to inform you, we no longer use this facility. We have
had bad experiences @ Myrtle Beach Ests. In reality they do not work w/VA. like they say, they hassle you continually about benefits. The Management is veryun-
professional. Their food stinks (a running joke soup al-
most every night in Sept, & Oct. of 2013, Souptember &
Souptober). I would not place my dog here. They move
their residents around constantly in the memory bldg.
so they never remember where their rooms are (resi-
dents are confused enough as it is). There is not enough care-givers to keep residents out of others
rooms, so everything has to be locked in closets be-
cause residents are allowed to roam into others rooms
& steal things (eye glasses, clothes, personal effects).
Kept changing the rates on us.

Very nice community

Myrtle Beach Estates was a wonderful choice! She is really enjoying herself here. The facility itself is clean, well kept, and very nice looking overall! The staff are all very friendly, and the services and care they provide are wonderful. They're definitely worth a look if you are looking into senior care!

Warm, home-like environment

My mother is 89 and is in the early stages of Alzheimer's Disease. I wanted an assisted living facility that offered socialization with others and stimulating activities in a friendly and caring environment; Myrtle Beach Estates meets all requirements.

We decorated Mother's room with her belongings so the space is bright (two large windows) and familiar. Mother receives excellent care including physical and occupational therapy onsite.

The dining area is beautiful and bright, like all other areas of the facility. The food is well prepare, presented and nourishing. Residents choose from several selections each meal.

Myrtle Beach Estates (MBE) ...

Myrtle Beach Estates (MBE) we absolutely love. It has the appearance of a hotel versus the more clinical environment of Myrtle Beach Manor. MBE is nestled in a wooded area of a residential neighborhood. The grounds look very much like my mother's yard. The rooms are large and have large windows. The whole facility is well lighted artificially and with natural light from large windows everywhere. The staff was friendly and our guide, Trish Crowell, is a wonderfully loving, caring person. MBE has a 'memory care' building, as does Myrtle Beach Manor. Mother will be able to transition to the memory care area, as her condition dictates, without having to change facilities. MBE has the size room we want for my mother so we are going to move forward with placing Mother at this 'home'.

I am very very pleased, with Myrtle Beach Estates.

I am very very pleased, with Myrtle Beach Estates. They are so friendly, really, really, friendly! They are pretty quick to respond to my mother's needs and take her to doctor appointments, and making sure she has every thing she needs. They have activities every single day and two outings a week. The location is really good. The only thing that could be improved is the menu, if they could expand their menu a little it would be great.

I'm moved him out as soon as I could.

I'm moved him out as soon as I could. Hospice did come in the morning to make sure he was awake and dressed. I don't know what kind of care he would get if they didn't come in. They hadn't been taking care of his teeth, they were supposed to take him to doctors appointments, he missed them, and they didn't even tell us about the service we can pay for to take him to and from. They don't make sure he eats. They say that they do but they don't, I visited on a weekend and there were two staff people for thirty residents!

Looks like it might do: no ...

Looks like it might do: no prices given. Cannot compare.

Bad news, becomes good news

My 92 year old mother was scheduled for 10 days of Respite Care. On the Friday she was to begin her stay I was told she could not stay there unless evaluated by their RN, however Myrtle Beach Estates didn't have any RNs on staff that day that could do it. I was told the soonest they could evaluate her would be the following Monday. This was not good news as we were flying out of the country to begin our family vacation early the next morning. When I questioned how the facility operated without any RNs on staff at all through an entire weekend, I was told by Linda they only call the RN if it was an emergency...this should definetly should have been classified as an emergency. I then asked that Trish who I had been in contact with leading up to this point call me so we could rectify this situation. She never called me nor did anyone else from the facility ever call.
The good news was when a family friend and a friend of hers were able to stay with my mother and keep her in the comfort of our home. I know she received way better care then she would had she gone to Myrtle Beach Esates, especially after experiencing first hand the lack of care, concern and professionalism exibited by Trish and Linda.

Tour guide was very good an...

Tour guide was very good and very informative, especially with finances. Clean, no smells. Menu varied. Rooms small. Possibility of Dad and Mom staying in same room.

"Home"

This is home to me...staff is wonderful, very attentive and compassionate. I love being on one floor, and enjoy the beautiful porches. It is very "home-like."

We're very pleased with it

It's kept extra clean from what I can see and the staff is wonderful. They know every residents name, they know their room number, they know their preferences, they are very, very personable, helpful and I can't say enough about them. I can't comment on the activities because my mom is a loner, I think she has gone on a couple of bus tours and enjoyed that and done yoga, but other than that she doesn't participate much.
She says she likes it very much, better than where she was before and she's definitely eating better. Another wonderful thing about Myrtle Beach is even though it's in sort of a metropolitan area, there's all grass and trees when you look out the windows and you don't see any of the other buildings. She used to complain about all these ills and pains and I have not heard her complain once since she's been here.

Urine smell

I didn't liek this at all. The first thing was when I walked in the door, I could smell urine. I didn't care too much for the rooms either, they seemed a little small. When I walked in the door, to be honest, right when that smell hit me I thought "just turn around and leave." I've worked in nursing homes for a few years and the place seemed like it was older and when we were walking down the hallway someone had gone to the bathroom right in the middle of the floor.

Good for active people

They were more open and airy and bright and it looked more liek the coast but it didn't look like my mother. It was much busier, but that was because a lot of people that go here did a lot of things in their life and they offer them things to keep them active and moving. My mother was more of a home body and was more comfortable staying in at home so this wasn't a good fit for her.

Smelled strongly of urine a...

Smelled strongly of urine as soon as J walked in and residents didn't seem engaged at all.

Perfect!

Myrtle Beach Estates was just perfect. Everything is just wonderful.

Live a grand life at Myrtle Beach Estates, an Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, that offers the conveniences of the city with the luxuries of the beach. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating with luscious garden areas and daily outings to experience all of the area’s fine offerings. Residents celebrate each other and life with regular barbecues, Sunday brunches, dinner parties and live performances in the comfortable living room with a grand piano. Our spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments nestled in a residential neighborhood strike the perfect balance between safety and comfort with features including emergency call buttons and wall-to-wall carpet. Professional and courteous staff members are available 24 hours a day and offer residents a level of care with the utmost dignity and respect. From day one, our transitional committee supports new residents while they adjust to their new home. Our in-house rehabilitation and hospice services and monthly Alzheimer’s support group add extra value to residents’ lives and provide the peace of mind so much desired by loved ones.