The Highlands Gracious Retirement - Westborough, MA

Pleased with My Move

I'am comfortable with my move to this community. It is a nice place with kind people. The community is very well-kept, they do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. The staff is very helpful whenever needed. I'am pleased with everything they have done for me.

I liked it. My mom will visit in October.

disappointed

After reading the reviews, we decided to place one of my parents there. The support staff was very nice, driver, wait staff, etc. but the management and activities director do not appear genuine. They are initially friendly but do not really listen to the suggestions the residents make and patronize them. We are disappointed. Residents are friendly but rarely do you see any laughs at this place.

Met with Alice today. The place is large. My favorite parts were the movie theater. popcorn machine and soft-serve ice cream. There was a fire pit outside too. When entering the building, the dining area is immediately to the right. The 1 bedroom I saw seemed small. Lots of closet space. Balconies are available but there is a waiting list for those.

A nice place with friendly people.

We looked here for options, it was nice, but not exactly what we wanted. It's still in the consideration, but it's not our top choice. I did like it though. A nice place with friendly people.

Warm,welcoming and friendly

Last week i took a day to tour different senior retirement homes for my grandmother and i must say i stopped by the highlands and i was amazed,the staff was warm,welcoming and friendly,the place was clean and there was genuine concern about the residents. i visited around the lunch time hour so i was able to have lunch and it was awesome,i also had small chat with the chef and was happy to find out that his number one priority is to ensure that the residents are healthy,so besides good food,there is also activities that keep the residents active and my grandmother is never the one sit around. I am impress by all i have seen and heard while i was there so i'm definitely gonna put my grandmother here.

Thumps up!

I was checking around for a good a place for my grand-aunt and I was impress with this one out of a bunch of others I visited. The environment is warm and friendly and the food that is superb ...I just have to commend the chef for doing a great job. I believe that my grand-aunt will be well taken care of here. Please keep up the good work!

Nice facility, need a better menu.

The facility is very nice and clean. The staff is very friendly. Great location. While these things are excellent, the food could definitely be a lot better. A lot of the residents feel this way.

Review of Emeritus at Loma Linda - Loma Linda, CA

Great community. Friendly, managers do a great job, food is excellent, lots of activities, beautiful apartments, great location.

My Mother loves the Highlands of Westborough!
Scott & Alice Ramsay, and Christianna Pitts are truly committed to excellence. From their friendly smiles the moment my Mother arrived, to assuring me that she is settling in nicely.
The Highlands of Westborough is an outstanding community, and I would recommend it to my friends that have elderly parents.

Very nice place!

Although we have not moved our loved one in quite yet, we have been absolutely thrilled by all the help they have provided us, and the compassion and thought they've shown! The Highlands is run by two husband and wife couples, and they obviously take pride in the cleanliness of their facility and the care that it provides. They were very accommodating in setting things up with doctors, and in making sure every tour we took with every family member went well. They've got so many activities here that our loved one is concerned we won't have time to see them all!

Personal attention from management

Blown away by the care, concern, helpfulness and friendliness. We were all treated so kindly while we were placing my brother at Highlands. I would recommend this place for all who can live independently.

Very nice looking independent living

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice looking senior community! However, it is an independent living community and would not have been appropriate for our loved one carewise. I do think she would have loved it, otherwise!

Review of The Highlands Independent Living in Westborough, MA

Very nice, food ok, room small, no community fee, 30 day termination when $ runs out, offers to put in microwave, coffee maker, safety rails, hand held shower head, studio $2520, no valet cleaning car off, increase 0-5% per year

I have nothing negative to say about ...

I have nothing negative to say about The Highlands. I'm very, very satisfied and very, very happy here. The staff is carrying, and knowledgeable, and they respond well to any request made. The place is beautiful. My friends that come visit say they are impressed with the food and the beauty of the facility.

Very friendly and welcoming staff!

I think they've done a great job overall at The Highlands! It's a nice looking place, and the staff have all been very friendly. They do a great job welcoming people, and really go out of their way to try and get their new residents integrated and involved, which I really appreciated. They also do a good job with the food!

Best of the three visited. ...

Best of the three visited. On the list for consideration.

While nice, we had noon mea...

While nice, we had noon meal that took over an hour and while the folks were good to us, the situation didn't suit our taste. Thanks for the opportunity to visit there. We will continue our search.

Very nice looking community!

We toured this community when we were looking into senior living for a loved one. I thought this place looked very nice! It was clean, the staff were friendly, and they appeared to have a good amount of amenities for their residents. Our loved one already decided on another community, but this one is certainly worth a look!

My heart's in the Highlands

I am excited about my coming move to the Highlands.
It exceeds my expectations of what an independent Retirement home would be like and fulfills all my needs
I did not have any treason to spend a long time in making my decision that the Highlands was the right place for me
Apart from all the wonderful benefits & amenities the most important for all retirees is the financial arrangements
There is no huge down payment which seems to be the usual
retirement home requirement. In fact it is no more expensive than staying in one's own home. Everything apart from Telephone is included in the monthly rates!

I really like this place a lot! I rea...

I really like this place a lot! I really see no areas of improvement here! They do a great job! We received a very quick response from them! They are a fairly new facility and we found them at the right time! For the price, it's amazing! You won't be able to find anything at a more reasonable price! It has worked out great!

Very happy with this place!

We're very happy with this place! They're doing a great job so far. Our loved one has been here a few weeks and they're doing everything they can to help ease the transition and get her settled in. The employees are all very friendly, and they're great about giving us feedback on how she is doing. The facility itself is brand new, and very clean and beautiful. They have all sort of on-site amenities, such as a full size community kitchen, a hair dresser, and good transportation options. The facility is also located in a very nice area with good access to nearby banks, grocery stores, and a senior center down the street. The one area I think they could work on a little is to have a bit more variety in the regularly scheduled daily activities. They've always got something going on, but I'd like to see them mix it up a bit. Definitely worth your time to tour!

Back to Massachusetts from Florida

It is a beautiful place. My dad's very happy there. He said he hasn't found anything to complain about! The staff are great. Everyone that I have met have been very nice and informative.

Overall very nice.

The people at the Highlands in Westborough and very nice and accommodating. The housing itself is clean and very nice. The food could be better and they could offer more of a selection of drinks, like soft drinks. However, overall this is a nice place to live.

My husband and I visited he...

My husband and I visited here last weekend. We are very impressed with The Highlands and are looking forward to bringing my father-in-law for a tour. If all goes well he may live-in for a trial period.

I was very impressed with t...

I was very impressed with the place. Lots of different size studios to choose from. Reasonably priced. Marianne Cox who showed us around was extremely pleasant & knowledgeable. My mom & I especially were in awe of the artwork on the walls & the knick knacks & unusual decor along the halls. Very unique. Like a museum. Liked the little patio on each unit. Laundry rooms were a good size. Did not like the strict times for the meals. Also breakfast is too early. 8-9am. Should move it up to at least 8:30 to 9:30am. All in all a very nice place. We weren't too pressured to rent. We were there for 2 1/2 hrs.

We believe that The Highlands Gracious Retirement Living is so much more than walls and windows - it's a place to enjoy home-cooked meals, game night, or a quiet evening with family and friends. It's where you always feel comfortable, safe, and secure.

At The Highlands, our management teams live on-site, and are available 24 hours a day. Our food is truly made from scratch, and served right to your table along with a smile from our friendly staff.

Enjoy the convenience of our comfortable bus for scheduled appointments, shopping trips and other errands. We also regularly plan special excursions to cultural events, day trips, museums, and other places of interest. If you'd rather stay home, the choice is yours. It's easy to be as private or as social as you wish, The Highlands features beautiful common areas and there's always a variety of planned activities and a chance to socialize with friends and neighbors every day.