Brookdale Eddy Pond West - Auburn, MA

Brookdale Eddy Pond West - Auburn, MA has yet not published prices.

No Problems, Nice Tour

This is a nice community with kind people. My tour went well. I had no problems with this community. Everyone was very friendly to my family, and I.

Respite Stay

From what I understand my wife was very happy with the care her mother received while she was staying here. My mother in law said the staff was nice and friendly. She enjoyed the activities they provided and she seemed to enjoy the food. I believe my wife and her sister would use this community again if needed.

Fabulous

The staff and managers are super friendly and outgoing. Their focus through the investigating, sign-up, and obviating process has been on my parents and their well being. After looking at 12 properties, we found the environment and value at Eddy Pond West to be outstanding and look forward to years of fun with my parents.

Value for care

We toured this community for the care for mom. The staff was caring and able to answer the questions that we had. We did like the room and the menu of the healthy meals that are offered. We liked the list of activities that are available WE would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

This place is too expensive for my mom.

Miserable staffing

3 years ago, this was a caring, efficient facility. Since Brookdale has taken over, it is in rapid decline. Short on staffing, uneducated staff, poor personal care, and increasingly overpriced. Very unsatisfactory care for my mom, no one should be sitting in wet clothes from not being toileted. And it has become an issue we've complained about, still find her this way. Also clothes, pocketbook, any thing nice, gone missing. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this facility. It is also private pay only.

Not my favorite...

Our tour of Brookdale Eddy Pond West was not satisfactory. The facility was nice, but they were heavy on the sales part. It was not what we were looking for.

Nice facility!

I will probably be moving my mother out of the Brookdale Eddy Pond West because she requires a higher level of care now. The caregivers in this community are nice and attentive, but there are not enough of them for all of the residents to receive the attention they need. When I went to visit my mother, she was in a wheel the whole time, she needs encouragement.

Help in a storm

I have never been through anything like this. This is the first time I have ever been directly involved with dementia. When I was told that I had 24 hours to move my mother out of our local rehab facility, all I could do is cry. I reached out to every local nursing home and didn't even get a call back. I stumbled across A Place for Mom, which lead me to BEP-West in Auburn

Although my mom isn't the most accepting of help, (let's face it, she is like holding a wet cat) their staff has been so supportive of her, and might I say, of myself!

This whole process has been so overwhelming. Getting feed back from the staff has validated some of my own feelings and it encourages me.

The family loves the facility and the programs available. The common areas are helpful to our family because we can 'visit' and not feel like we are around her as if she was in a hospital bed.

I can't say enough. [Removed], [Removed] and [Removed] (to name a few) do yeoman's work for their clients. The personal care attendants, custodial, housekeeping and kitchen staff are friendly, knowledgeable and care for the residents entrusted to their care.

I know she is safe and with people that will help. THANK YOU!

A Good Facility

The care was really good here for my mom. I have no complaints about the staff or facility. The staff were helpful when I had to call them. I liked it very much. There are activities available. My mom's room was less ideal, she felt she was isolated because it was toward the end of the long hallways.

Amazing Staff

My aunt is doing great, she has adjusted very well to the community. The facility looks amazing, they do a very good job with keeping the place nice and clean. The staff is great, I really enjoy working with them. They are amazing at caring for my aunt. There many activities for her to choose from. She enjoys going to the music activities. The food is great, she gets to pick what she would like to eat. They have a wonderful menu, with a great selection. Everything is going well. So I would recommend it.

Very Please With This Community

We are very pleased with this community, my father is doing very well here. This is an excellent community, they have done very good job caring for my father. The staff here is excellent and very attentive. The nursing staff works with his doctors to make sure he is getting the right care. Everyone is really friendly and accommodating.They do offer great activities for the residents through out the week. I like the way they encourage my father to participate. It has really been a pleasant experience for us and I would recommend this community.

Not the best first impression

I never got an official tour at Brookdale Eddy Pond due to a miscommunication in scheduling, but when I visited just to take a look they didn't make a very good first impression. It was the late afternoon and there wasn't anyone at the front desk. I waited around for a while, and although a few staff members passed by nobody greeted me until I flagged someone down. I can't say anything about the care, but I do think they could be better prepared for visitors.

Nice environment. Informative tour. Clean and well maintained. Many services for residents. Assisted living services and availability of rooms were a plus.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased by how things have gone at Emeritus at Eddy Pond Campus! Everything has been great, I would give them top marks across the board. We'd had some experience with the facility before we made our most recent choice, and we knew this was the one we wanted to go with.

Staff shows many quality care services. Residents appear to be happily engaged in many activities. Visitors are welcome and invited to join their loved ones for a meal. The grounds are well maintained and invite residents to enjoy the outside by walking around.

Happiness in the woods

My father in law
roger carpenter Sr. has been living at Emeritus for two weeks. He is in his glory and just can't stop telling us how much he likes his new home. He loves the food he loves the tv and coffee room and he loves his apt. and most important he likes all the people he has met. I must say that Audrey and Patrick are a very important part to my father in laws happiness

Great move for my mom

Eddy Pond is a lovely building with meals, transportation, and staff very helpful. The activities have been really great for my mom. Also laundry and housekeeping is part of the rent fee. I think it has been a great move for my mom.

They had one of the best staff, of all the places we saw.

They are very clean, and the staff is very friendly. Compared to other places I've seen it was the best find. The weakest point is the activities, they could use a little more variety, and they could happen a little more often. They take pets and the girls will help if they think she needs help. They have an incredibly supportive staff. They had one of the best staff, of all the places we saw.

Awesome place!

This is an awesome place! It's beautiful, the apartments are fabulous, it is affordable, and my loved one really couldn't be happier here! I have nothing but good things to say and I'd rate them higher than 5 on every category if I could!
As an example, the very first meal she had here we asked them if they had any Lactaid, as she is lactose intolerant, and they said they did not have any. Within 5 minutes the head chef came out to our table to introduce himself and said that he personally was going to go get some on his next break, and that from that point forward they'd always have some on hand for her!

Emeritus at Eddy Pond

The food quality and variety is not very good. Sometimes a main meal is hot dogs. They have an alternate menu that is supposed to have "grilled chicken breast" but there have been periods of time when they said they were out of chicken. There often is a shortage of staff in the dining area causing slow service.

Activities are good when available. One person is in charge. If she is off, not much happens. No replacement when she's on vacation.

Nursing care is very good. They all have been caring and keeping in touch with family if there are any issues.

The facility and my mother's room are all kept very clean.

Sam Pollock

We apologize that you and your loved one’s experience with us isn’t meeting your expectations. We understand the importance of having various food options available for our resident’s varied tastes and dietary restrictions. We show on our records that our Executive Director has reached out to you and your loved one to ensure that our kitchen will always have the grilled chicken breast available at meal times. We would also like to invite your loved one to participate in our Menu Committee’s monthly meetings with the Dining Service Director to provide feedback on food options and give recommendations for future meals. Regarding meal service and activities, we work diligently to provide a range of activities for our residents to participate in, and we also have all members of staff chip in during meal service times to help ensure our residents are served efficiently. If you have any further concerns we invite you to reach out to our community management team.

Sucked dry

My mother should have never been admitted to this place. She was always in her room and slupped in her chair.She was sent to the hospital for low blood pressure,which in the doctors opinion was NOT low for a person of 85. She stayed in the hodpital under observation for 9 days and was not allowed to return to Eddi pond. I got stuck with almost the full bill for 7000.00 dollars My mother was their only four days. You probably won't accept this complaint,but I don't care . Lawrence Kearney and sucked dry.

Sam Pollock

Lawrence, we are sorry your experience with us at Eddy Pond Lodge didn’t meet your expectations. We show on our records that prior to your mother moving into our community, we did an evaluation to determine your mother’s level of care. The level of care was agreed upon by all parties, and at that time, we were more than able to safely care for your mother.

As is Emeritus policy, within the first thirty days of a resident moving in, we do a secondary evaluation to ensure that there have been no drastic changes in health that would either change the level of care needed or make it so that we could no longer safely care for the resident. During this second evaluation it was determined that your mother’s blood pressure was too low, and your mother’s Primary Care Physician recommended a short-term hospitalization.

Our records also show that your mother’s Primary Care Physician recommended that your mother be placed in a Skilled Nursing Facility following her hospital stay. While your mother would have been more than welcome to return to our community, we understand your desire to have her closer to your home and want nothing but the best for you and your mother.

In addition, we have on file the agreement to reimburse you for the remaining days of the month of May for your mother’s level of care and medication. If you have any further concerns about your experience with us at Eddy Pond Lodge, we invite you to speak directly with our management team, or you can contact our Ethics First Program at www.emeritus.com/ethics to have your concerns addressed directly to the Emeritus Leadership team.

It's okay

There was enough parking. The food was okay, but I didn’t really get a chance to try it. It was a clean community and the staff was friendly enough. There are enough activities. It’s an okay value for the money.

They are a good value, and it was a good, clean place...

The food would be a 5, it looked good, but I haven't actually tasted it yet. There haven't been any complaints. They are a good value, and it was a good, clean place, and the location worked best for us.

Excellent choice!

Our experience at Eddy Pond-Woods has been wonderful and has met or exceeded our expectations. The staff is thoughtful, courteous, skilled, and a pleasure to deal with on a regular basis. The facility itself is bright, open, extremely clean, very welcoming, and well-designed to meet the needs of its residents. We would recommend this facility highly.

Very nice looking community

This place looked great, the facility itself was beautiful and the employees were all incredibly friendly and professional. We toured this location when we were looking into options for our loved one. The level of care was a bit higher than what our loved one needed at the time, but this place is definitely at the top of our list if at some point we need to look into assisted living.

Observations during visits to Memory Care Unit

My relative is housed in the Memory Care Unit in a spacious and inviting suite. However. . .

Attentiion to the residents is scanty, and requests are acknowledged , but unattended to. Lip service is order of the day. Resident assistants pay more attention to themselves in the "activity" room and conversing endlessly in a foreign language with each other, or privately on their cell phones. I have witnessed on more than a few occasions where no interaction is even attempted to reach the attending residents. The television in the center of the room blares and glares.

On more than a few occasions, the reception desk is unattended, and no one seems to ever know answers to random questions or inquiries. Management tries hard . . . .

spoke to Audrey- sounds gre...

spoke to Audrey- sounds great- many activities and trips, piano, restaurant style dining, shuttle, laundry, housekeeper, utilities (except phone), recent renovation studio $2825/month

Over emphasis on social to ...

Over emphasis on social to the detriment of medical.

#4-visit. 130-residents...

#4-visit. 130-residents [117-active;13-memory]. Two 3-level buildings; comparatively larger rooms; in the process of 3-5 month refurbishing of main complex - $500/m discount if take unit as will have to be short-term move to other building or another unit. Cleanliness average [resident laundry in hallway for p/u] -- needs the refurbishing. No welcoming staff at front desk; although 2-employees sitting/talking/eating-ice-cream ... Seemed unkowing when asked a question. Loud, ambient noise on main level. Only [2] on-site, off-the-lobby computers for resident training/use. No mention of available PT services. Limited discussions of care levels -- setup on 'cost per blocks of minutes'; limited discussions of monthly costs/fees [note discount above] - base care [independent] at about $2900 [incld $50 paperwork fee].Price aside, not high on the list.

Was nice, priced well. Liked a lot a...

Was nice, priced well. Liked a lot about this place, size of rooms and activities.

Beautiful pastoral setting. Very good...

Beautiful pastoral setting. Very good value. Assistance has 5 levels (customized). The Woods is more secluded and tranquil than the Lodge. Larger than Draper Place. Easily accessible from Rte 290.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.