Heritage at Framingham Assisted Living - Framingham, MA

• Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • Medical Alert Systems
  • Fine dining service for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Special Diet Preparation
  • Personalized care plans
  • On-site Maintenance Personnel
  • Personal Laundry
  • Medication Reminders
  • Daily up and about check
  • Home Health Aides
  • Safety Supervision
  • Safety Checks
  • Guest units available
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Transfer Assistance
  • Toileting & Incontinence Care
  • Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness
  • Weekly Happy Hour
  • Attend church/worship services

Awful

Poorly run and everyone smells awful .

Deanna Lefrancois

Thank you for your review. We take all feedback very seriously and are always available to discuss concerns. Heritage at Framingham’s “quality care” philosophy can be seen throughout our community. As with any personal care environment, there are a mix of abilities which makes each community unique. We pride ourselves on an "odor free" living environment, and strive to always provide a clean, comfortable and home-like atmosphere. Management will continue to monitor, and appreciates your observation and feedback.

Very caring and accommodating staff

Heritage has been wonderful for my parents. Even though Mom is part of the independent living and Dad is part of the assisted living, they still allow both of them to live together in one apartment. They both really love the food and 3 meals are provided every day. There are plenty of activities to participate in every day as well. They’ll bring in musicians or singers to entertain everyone, there’s bingo, exercise classes, outings, and wine and cheese 2 days a week before dinner. They really try to keep everyone as independent as possible. The young girl that took us on a tour took us around to meet with other residents so we could talk with them about what they thought of the place, which I thought was great for my Mom to hear from people her age. This place has been a Godsend and I would recommend it to anybody.

Meals recently disappointing..all else.good

My friends only criticism has been about their menu. When she first entered Heritage, their meals were much better than they are now. Recently the quality has deteriorated. However, in a recent resident conference, the problem was acknowledged and a promise to make improvements was made. She has no other concerns...She has said that their staff is very friendly and accommodating. As far as I know it's only their meals she's not pleased with (which is important). I suggest you remove my name as your contact person. [Removed] has been my best friend for over fifty years but I am not related to her. I am the person who found Heritage. Her brother [Removed] is the contact person you might want to send these type inquiries to. I have notified you of this more than three times
I will just delete future emails. His email address is [removed]
PS: I AM NOT IN A POSITION TO MAKE RATINGS so ignore the chart

Care for dad

I toured this community for the care of my father. We did not like the size of the apartments. The one bedrooms were smaller then what we were looking for. The staff was outstanding. I would recommend this community. They do offer a good variety of meals and the activities would have been offered to him with the other residents. We would recommend this community to other families.

I thought this was a nice facility. We were shown a two bedroom, two bathroom apartment, since we are interested in two bedrooms. And we were also shown other apartments in the facility. [Removed] and I are not interested in this facility because we are looking for a larger two bedroom unit.

We love it!

This place has been wonderful and the people are super friendly and caring all the way. Me and my loved one love their kitchen which we like to call it a restaurant because they offer food at anytime made to order. The community is really beautiful as well.

I felt right at home !!

I could not have picked a better community to live in, my experience has been absolutely wonderful. The activities they provide range from exercise classes, wine and cheese dinning, and a variety of concerts. The meals they serve are delicious and the chef is always giving the residents an excellent dinning experience. I would absolutely recommend this facility.

Heritage at Framingham

Mother and I visited Heritage at Framingham four times now. We made an appointment for our first visit and were greeted outside at the front entrance by Lynne Canavan, Director of Marketing. She is a very respectful, caring, loving person with her finger on the pulse of the needs of those coming in to tour Heritage. We went into her office to get better acquainted where she presented us with a folder full of Heritage information which we found to be very complete and concise. We talked about Mother’s needs and the services Heritage could provide. Lynne asked Mother directly her likes, her personal routine and what she felt was important to be provided to her in an assisted living facility. Lynne listened attentively and provided pertinent feedback. Lynne is extremely knowledgeable about Heritage and has come up from the role of Activities Director into her current position as Director of Marketing. It is evident she has a love of her job and Heritage. Lynne provided us a tour and introduced us to every resident we passed, addressing each resident by name. The residents we spoke to and saw there are thriving and very much enjoy living there. They were all well-groomed and appear to be well adjusted to assisted living. Every resident we spoke to absolutely raved about the facility, the staff and the food. Lynne has a welcoming about her that is instinctive and I believe cannot be taught. When she addresses a resident in a wheelchair, she squats down so that she is at eye level with the individual. She called each and every resident and staff that we passed by name, and there were many.
The Activity calendar is jam packed with things to do; something for everyone. There are trips outside of the facility, whether it be to a nearby restaurant or shopping at the Dollar Store, a grocery store, or other store, and many other daily activities to choose from. A monthly calendar is posted and also distributed to the residents.
The building is set up very comfortably for the resident. The hallways are wide enough, yet not so wide that they lose the “homey” atmosphere. There are seating areas in nooks and crannies on every floor, some having television sets and others with a fireplace or a place to be quiet and read. The facility is immaculately clean; we checked out rest rooms and vacant apartments, also apartments that were occupied by residents, (with their prior approval to do so) cleaned by the Heritage staff. Mother especially liked the “Country Kitchen”. It is an area where residents can gather for coffee and a snack during the day and have a nice comfortable visit either with other residents or friends and family who visit. There are also outside seating areas and paved places to safely walk outside. There are also raised garden beds for the residents to plant whatever they like.
We were made to feel comfortable, welcome and able to envision this being Mother’s new home during each of our visits. We feel Heritage is the best “fit” in the area for Mother’s needs and she will be moving in next week.

The 1 bedroom w extra room is stunning. Very clean. Labelled areas like "boston" and Cape Cod". gardening area. Resident must allow care to be given. she cannot refuse meds or be verbally belligerent. must be controlled on meds. No odors. All residents greeted by their first names and everyone was well dressed and cared for. Non for profit.

Hidden Oasis

I had never heard of Heritage until I attended an event they put on at my senior center. First- I got to try the food and it was superb- I felt like I was eating at an upscale restaurant! Second- The staff and residents who put it on were all so nice and helpful. You could just tell they love being at Heritage. The relationship between the staff and residents really felt like they were best friends or family. One woman who lives at the Heritage told me her struggle with moving. How she was kicking and screaming and fought with her daughter through the entire moving process. And how she now regrets making such a big fuss because she is so happy at Heritage. She couldn't say enough about them! I could completely relate because I am looking for senior options for my mom and I know how difficult the subject can be! I want mom closer to me but in a place that offers things for her to do to give her stimulation but most importantly offer her care if she needs it. Anyway, it seems like Heritage is a good place to start!

Home Sweet Home

I have already told my kids that this is where I want to make my home when the time comes. I have served on the volunteer Board of Directors for this non-profit - I get no money or special access. But I do get to see how this place operates - up close. And it runs great. The activities are diverse and endless. The staff take such good care of everyone. It is cleaner than clean. It is beautiful and it is small enough to feel like my own home but big enough to give me privacy and offer many different relationships with other residents. I could go on but I have said it all - this is where I want to live.

Great visit

Beautiful and clean building. Recently toured and loved it! The staff I met were nice and helpful.
The residents all seem very happy, active and friendly. I spoke to some who live there and they could not say enough about the caring staff and great food! They talked about the ample and varied activities but also the space that is given to those who are more private. My mom if very shy so I know she would appreciate that. Still have to bring mom in for lunch and a tour but Heritage is at the top of my list.

Heritage at Framingham is an Assisted Living community where seniors find the services and security they need without giving up the traditions and
independence they cherish.

Located in eight park-like acres in the Nobscot region of Framingham, Heritage at Framingham offers seniors personal care and household services in the privacy of their own apartment with around-the-clock security. Independence also means fulfillment and involvement. Heritage at Framingham, a not-for-profit community, offers residents many opportunities to achieve both. Art classes, lectures, social gatherings,
cultural and religious programs and a variety of other activities are regularly scheduled. Shared community areas such as the country kitchen, library, beauty salon, convenience store, private dining room, lounge, computer lab and activity room are also available for resident and family enjoyment.

While residents are free to rely on our staff as much or little as they like, they enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing that assistance is always available. At Heritage, residents receive just the right amount of individualized service from people who are attentive to their independence and well-being. Heritage at Framingham is a rental community. No entrance fee or purchase is required.
Our bright and cheerful studio, one and two-bedroom apartments have room for family visits as well as family traditions. In addition, we offer a separate program, our Homestead community, for residents with memory impairment. This community combines award-winning architectural design with the most advanced thinking in how to provide loving care for those with Alzheimer's disease and other memory impairments.