The Heritage of Overland Park - Overland Park, KS

• 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene
  • No Smoking Indoors

Very pleasant visit. Looked like you were in someone's living room when you walked in, not a reception desk. The office was to the side and an employee came to greet me. [Removed] gave me a wealth of information as we visited in the library room. Interesting decor in hallways ( Lower art of wall a neutral color, with top of each hall a different color to match the theme). Themes: Birds, Harbors, Flowers and Gardens. Each room had a Memory box and a light above it. Lights had a black cut out shade which wrapped around the bulb. The cut-out matched the theme of that hallway. Interesting concept for helping memory. There were large pictures matching each theme on the walls which were very colorful. This facility has only been open since January, 2017. Currently there are 16 residents with 4 moving in within the next week. There are 4 hallways with 16 rooms available on each. Each hallway has its own dining room. I was most impressed with the "Quiet Room". Easy chairs, pillows made of different texture fabric, tiny animals to hold in one's hand and other tactical objects. [Removed] said it is very effective for a couple of the residents who frequently need a place to "meltdown". I was given a menu and sample activity sheet. Did observe several residents playing a game. One gentleman was in his wheelchair watching and he was holding a doll in his lap. [Removed] said they often have to check the resident's rooms, as they tend to carry the dolls, animals and tactical pillows to their rooms! As you can tell I was very pleased with the visit and the environment of the facility. There were several choices of room sizes. Fees are based on the rooms.I feel [Removed] would be very comfortable here.

Best Kept Secret in Memory Care Facilities. THE BEST I'VE SEEN!

I am so impressed with this Memory Care Facility! It has a "family" atmosphere and they have the most caring, compassionate, attentive caretakers I've ever seen. I love that this is NOT a corporate owned facility, which is probably the #1 reason they are so good. I also wanted a "flat fee" rate, where they don't "nickle and dime you" for everything they do. I have met the owner and was very impressed. You can also see the respect and loyalty the staff has to him. The Director told me the same leadership staff has been together since "Day 1", 5 years ago, and they are fully vested in the facility and it's residents. That is SO RARE, and does it ever show! As a family member, I am so totally grateful for the care and attention my dad is receiving. I feel so fortunate that they had an opening (which is pretty rare) when I needed it the most.

Very home-like feel

All the wonderful buildings come together very nicely. It does not at all feel like something you would see in a movie with the long dark hallway. We Love this place and I am glad my mom is here.

Really enjoyed our tour and moving in ASAP. This is what our family has been looking for....a small intimate community that truly understands dementia. I love their philosophy in dealing with dementia-love and understanding. Thanks again!

Great!

Really impressive community. There is a life long family friend at Heritage and I see him weekly. Really nice associates and great friendly leadership. Activities really impressive. My friend wenty fishing and goes bowling all the time. Really beautiful. Homelike and small so it just feels comfortable. Highly recomend.

Joann, I've put down a depo...

Joann, I've put down a deposit here. It could be 30 to 60 days before a room will be available. I am going to rate this good for now since I won't really know until I move him in.

Good Interaction

They weren't appropriate for my cousin's situation, but I liked them. They would have been too high for me, too. It looked like they had good activities, they seemed to have interactive stuff which I thought was really nice. Baked cookies and stuff like that too. They weren't really a locked down, and that is what we needed.

Thank you for your interest in The Heritage of Overland Park. Based on a foundation of customer service, associate satisfaction, and community, The Heritage is proving to be the premier provider of Alzheimer’s and memory care services in the metro Kansas City area. Our mission is to care for a special group of seniors who are dealing with the effects of Alzheimer’s or other forms of memory disorders. We strive to make every day the best it can be for each resident through our unique and innovative approaches. Again, thank you for your interest in The Heritage. We know that you are preparing to make an important decision. We would welcome the opportunity to help you to be assured that your loved one will make the most of each and every day. Call us for a tour today!