Brookdale Overland Park - Overland Park, KS

Just not the right place

We toured this community for my Aunt and Uncle. It was nice and clean. The staff was helpful with our questions.First bld was assisted living and behind that was the memory care. It just wasn't inviting or clean looking it was an older outdated building.

Not many activities...

When I toured Brookdale Overland Park, I noticed that there were not many activities or interaction between the staff and residents. It was not what we were looking for. The place was clean and well maintained.

I would recommend this community

Mom is doing well at Brookdale. The staff are helpful and friendly. The food is great and they offer a lot of activities. The community is clean and I would say it is one of the top communities in Kansas City.

Do not let your loved one stay here

We received terrible service for my parent. Brookdale did not bathe my mother in almost 2 weeks of stay. They also lost (threw out) her hearing aid, costing almost $2500. She also fell twice and received injuries. She was worse off for staying there.

Maintainence

The handymen around the facility really seemed to know what they were doing and all the construction aspects seemed up to standards.

Fun and Friendly

Anything that is wrong in the apartment they fix right away. The culture is that anyone that wants to sit with them is welcome. They have fun activities every single day. The staff is fun and friendly and they make this a great place.

Nothing was awful, but nothing was particularly impressive either.

We toured several Brookdale locations as we were looking into options in the area. They were all pretty similar. Nothing was awful, but nothing was particularly impressive either. They were all just okay.

happy

He is happy at Brookdale Overland Park. Everything is going really well here. I really have no complaints thus far about this facility. It's nice and clean. The staff is friendly.

very responsive

Brookdale Overland Park the staff was very responsive and easy to work with as far as the move went. When my parents were touring the facility we noticed the bathroom needed updating and they actually updated it by the time they moved in. The food is excellent there. It was such a struggle to get my parents there and now that they are they are so happy. They are always talking about how nice the residents are at Brookdale Overland Park. It has made their lives so much easier and mine too. The staff are just darling.

they are great

My mother in law is living at Brookdale Overland Park and they have been great. Everybody has been really friendly. They did a great job helping to get my mother in law in there. They have been very helpful, and everything they said they would do they have delivered on.

So far they are thrilled with Brookdale.

So far they are thrilled with Brookdale. So far, no complaints about food or activities. I would give them a five at this point. One of the reasons we chose them over others we saw was how much we liked the location.

Friendly and welcoming staff!

I think they do an excellent job overall at Brookdale Overland Park! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff are all very friendly and caring people. They put a lot of effort into making sure that new residents feel welcome and integrated, and I think that goes a long way!

5 Stars No Complaints

I feel like when we looked at the place staff was very very nice, I love all the activities that have gotten my grandparents more active than they have been in a long while. No issues everything is addressed and taken care of.

My mom is very happy there.

My mom is very happy there. I have been having some issues with the billing department, but they are trying to work with me. The staff is awesome, they are really nice. I have had to ask a couple of times to have the bed changed or things like that, but they have been awesome about it. The care is really awesome. The food is fine. My major concern is her health, and they do a really good job keeping her healthy.

My Mother in law was in the assisted living area and there were a lot of communications problems that the caregivers did not fully understand. At one point there were 2 people handling over 35+ patients. Also, when a patient pushed the button for assistance the caregiver did not respond until 45 minutes at some points.

Once my mother in law was moved to a different area things became a lot smoother. Overall, it's a great facility and would recommend to anyone. 4/5

Sweet Life at BVP

We were a little overwhelmed at first with numerous calls from the different facilities. We eventually choose this facility based on a suggestion from another facility and searching the internet. My Mother-in-Law was initially put in assisted living, but it became fairly obvious that she/we didn't understand exactly what her requirements would be. Since she needed additional care, she was moved to Skilled Nursing after 4 days. Please note that in assisted living, the ratio of CNA's to patients is about 1 to 20+ patients; therefore, it is rare to have immediate results after pushing the alert button. Sometimes it took up to 30 minutes. Another problem is a language barrier. Apparently most of the CNA's come from Haiti and sometimes they are hard to understand. Since moving to the Skilled Nursing I think she has gotten excellent care. She is basically bed-bound so the facilities aren't of interest to her. I think The Sweet Life at BVP is a great facility with great people working there who want to help their patients. This is not your old style nursing home.

Pleased with Sweet Life at Brookdale

Mom moved into SL and was very excited about her entering assisted living. Our family has been pleased with SL facility overall. Her care givers are good with mom, especially one lady named Ilene. If questions come up the staff is open to listening to our family concerns. Mom has also used their skilled nursing side as well which has been exceptional also.

Visited 7/27; A list

This was my second choice. ...

This was my second choice. Liked the people and the area. Not sure about ny age people..

The complex too large for m...

The complex too large for my mom to feel comfortable and it would take too long to travel to visit or get there in an emergency. Not on my list anymore.

Visit went well. Low cost upfront and...

Visit went well. Low cost upfront and great accommodations. Great corner unit with lots of sq. footage for office, w/d option. Like the staff...people are very friendly there.

Liked the garden off the balcony. Nic...

Liked the garden off the balcony. Nice-sized two bedrooms.

very nice place, looks like a lot of ...

very nice place, looks like a lot of activities, and transportation. The director was very helpful and informative

We hope this is the place.

We hope this is the place.

did quick visit-liked the set up, clo...

did quick visit-liked the set up, close to doctors, allowed to bring dinner back to room. Will take to dr appts 2 days a week.

At Sweet Life at Brookdale Place Overland Park we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That’s why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer’s and dementia care programs at Sweet Life at Brookdale Place Overland Park are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.