Stratford Commons - Memory Care-Overland Park, KS

WORST PLACE TO WORK NEVER GO THERE NOR HAVE UR LOVED ONES STAY THERE NO TUTERA

The management is very rude to the staff u see when walking in the door and visiting family and such. They are unapproachable, when you want to tell them something they brush it off when it comes to family and staff especially staff, you can see staff not saying bc they dont want to say anything bc they feel like they are nagging and interrupting their million breaks. NO day time nurse m-f.

I would want my mom or dad to be at a place that there is a full time day nurse or night nurse not a cma filling in that place. I wanted to move my mom and dad there but the few times I came I got the push over like we will do what ever you want to get you in the door and then they get in the door and the level of care isnt what is promised. So I passed and went to another TRUE ASSISTED LIVING.

Its not an ideal place to work nor would suggest having your loved ones move in unless your okay with them sitting in the same spot until its meal time or bed time. They cant keep people in any department. They bring in anyone and everyone, which is odd due to we are an assisted living not a long term or a daycare or skilled.

That place is terrible. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE.

Liked idea of the circle building with each hall painted a different color to help residents recognize their own area. Very friendly staff. Resident came to desk and said, "I'm bored" ( I think she does this all the time) and they seated her at a table and she began folding towels. Another resident was getting a manicure in one corner of activity room. Residents listening to a guitarist in another area. I liked the arrangement of the apartments, each with private bathroom. Very clean. Patio area needed a little attention of cutting grass. Several residents spoke as we toured. Given copy of activities calendar and meal plan. Menus appeared to be healthy and choices given. Looked like residents are encouraged to be as active as possible. Nice to see them being involved and not just sitting with heads down and asleep. Noticed a place on the wall by the desk where something had been taken down, nail holes painted over with white (walls were light brown) and nail holes were very obvious. I'm sure it was to be painted over, but very obvious as you entered.

Taking Good Care of My Father

My father is safe, and in good hands in this community. So far everything is working out well since his move to this community. They have a good, cooperative staff at this community. They have been attentive, and helpful as well. For the most part they do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. They provide good meals, and nice activities for the residents. This community is working out well for my family, and I would recommend it.

Take a look

The community is well run. The caregivers are attentive, helpful and answers our questions. The food is good and they do offer some activities. The community is clean and I would recommend it. We knew the director of this community so this helped us in our decision.

The best fit!

The staff is great as far as I can see. It is taking time to transition, but the care is good and the staff does try to get her involved. She plays the guitar and the community is trying to set her up with a little show. I feel that this is a good fit for her.

Pretty close to great!

In the beginning things were a bit rough getting Mom moved into Startford. I was told I'd have someone there to help me unpack but I was left unpacking by myself and I was already in a time crunch since I had to return to work. Now that Mom is settled in she seems to be doing pretty well and always has a smile when I go to visit her. The staff are really good about keeping me updated and I am confident that with time and communication things will only get better.

Peace of Mind

We started searching for a place for our Mom several months before we were ready to place her. She stayed with family for one year, and then it became obvious that we needed help. It broke our hearts to have to move her so we were very particular (and anxious) about placing her, and many tears were shed. When the time came, it was a unanimous decision amongst the siblings. I'm confident the only reason the rating is not full 5-star is because we have not been there long enough to work out all of the kinks. Management has an open-door policy and they receive our feedback with pleasant attitudes and willingness to make changes as necessary. There are many activities, although a few are probably a bit over the residents' comprehension level. The rooms are much nicer than any others we looked at. All are private and more like studio apartments with a separate bedroom area and a small kitchenette. Every day we are thankful we chose Stratford. It gives us peace of mind. Above all, Mom is happy most of the time, which is realistically the best we can expect. You should seriously consider Stratford, and hope they have an opening for your loved one!

Stratford Commons is a great place for your loved one

We love Stratford Commons. We like that there are activities going on all the time. So my father-in-law isn't just sitting in his room by himself all day. All the staff are extremely nice and helpful. We've only been there for about a month, but so far it's been a great change.

We love it. It's better than what we expected it to be.

We love it. It's better than what we expected it to be. They are doing a little bit of remodeling so there has been a little bit of disrupt. They have done a lot of upgrades, it was already fine before but the remodeling has made it even nicer. What we love the most is that the staff is really great with my mother. They totally get Alzheimer's, they have activities all the time, and they are at their level. They are very proactive, they notice things before we do. It's memory care in an assisted living environment. Even on paper this was the best option. They were even in the low end price wise, it's a flat fee, and everything is included.

A very solid option

The staff and admissions coordinator go above and beyond. They did everything for my client. They have been very proactive. Their standards are right where they need to be. This community would be a very solid option.

Overall it's going pretty well.

Overall it's going pretty well. It's pretty clean, and the staff is really friendly. I like that it's all inclusive and they don't nickle and dime you to death. The activities are very good. I think that they aren't getting her to the bathroom often enough, it might be a staffing issue, we are still working it out. My big thing is I want mom to be happy and she is happy and doing well.

Nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have gone at Stratford Commons! It's a very nice looking community, and the staff have all been very friendly. They're really great with their residents, and you can tell there is a lot of love there. I visited and had a chance to try the food, which also seemed very good!

Very nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into senior care for our loved one. I thought this place looking very nice! It had a homey, comfortable feel. The residents here were happy, and were obviously getting lots of love from the staff. We would have liked for this place to be an option, but unfortunately they only had availability for studio rooms, which were very very small.

We fell in love.

My mother has dementia and was unable to transfer herself any longer from her wheelchair. Due to being unable to transfer herself we needed to find a new place for her. My sister and I toured 12 facilities and Stratford was the last one we visited. You learn so much touring and speaking with the different facilities, so our checklist as to what we wanted for our mother was pretty much defined when visiting Stratford. After visiting with Lorie and touring the building, we felt that we had found the place where our mother would be well taken care of. They are a memory care facility and understand the needs of their residents. Staff and residents were very friendly. We had gotten to know more people there within two weeks than a year and a half at the other place. There are monthly Family Dinners and we are getting to know other families and no one has ever said anything negative about the place. They have a policy where any problems or concerns are addressed immediately. The only draw back for some may be that they are unable to provide transportation for wheelchair residents, but we have been able to work this out for our mother. Great place, great staff and for what your love one receives, a great price!

Looked very nice

This was one of the locations we looked at while looking into care options. The staff were friendly, and the building was nice looking and clean. We felt it would have been a good fit, however it was a little less conveniently located for us.

we were impressed with the friendline...

we were impressed with the friendliness and energy of the whole staff. mom needs activity, encouragement and caring attention and we felt this home offered all of that. her room is very nice, the food is very good and there are so many activities to keep mom occupied and her brain engaged. we are so happy so far with the choice we made for mom!!

Responsive

My mother is there and I have been there. I saw no issues whatsoever with cleanliness. We had been paying for 24hr care so we couldn't be frightened by any price - the value appears to be very fine.

My mother doesn't participate in any of the activities but that's not to say they aren't available. We like the fact that they've been very responsive to my mother's needs. If we say we need this done, they say no problem. Maybe all places have this feeling, like they're half a staff person short or something. I'm sure they meed the standards in Kansas though.

Nurse to assess Mom on Wed....

Nurse to assess Mom on Wed. We want SO much for Mom to be accepted here.

Small and cozy. Evidence of great at...

Small and cozy. Evidence of great attention to care of residents. Residents' wealthfare stressed. Secure building with round the clock nursing personnel, geriatric doctor visits, personalized care. Very clean, no smells. Did not see regular assisted living area, but new memory care wingis lovely. Rooms small but accommodating. Central heat & air a plus with no under window or cupboard units to hear or worry about dirty filters, etc. Top pick.

allows short term stays while we are ...

allows short term stays while we are away

Very nice. I also visited and like th...

Very nice. I also visited and like this place. Very helpful, but not taking HCBS at this time.

Stratford Commons is a family owned and operated business. We are proud to offer a wide variety of services to make your life worry-free. Our on site licensed nursing staff is on duty 24 hours a day to help meet your care needs, including assistance with medication, bathing and dressing. Housekeeping and laundry service is also provided. Guests are invited to choose from many floor plan arrangements. There is an onsite beauty/barber shop. Our activity programs offer a variety of choices daily plus shopping and outings in the community. In addition to our monthly leased apartments, we offer respite apartments for those who want or need to come for a short stay. These apartments are rented on a daily basis, are fully furnished, and include all amenities of our community. Families who are constant caretakers can take comfort in leaving their family member with us for a few days (or weeks) while they go on vacation.