The Fountains at Cedar Parke - Atco, NJ

Great for Dad

My Dad moved into The Fountains about a year ago, he is a very young and active 83 year old but was distraught after the loss of my Mom.
It has been wonderful for him! He's made many friends and says that the staff is amazing!!

It is so nice to know that he is not eating dinner alone each night. He also loves the entertainment and gets involved with showing new residents around and introducing them to friends.

GREAT PLACE!!

My sister moved to the Fountains at Cedar Parke almost 2 months ago from an apartment that had become unsafe for her. She is getting older and needed the social interaction along with the safety that me and my family find so reassuring at the Fountains. She has a physical disability also and the staff has been such a positive influence on her. We can rest easy knowing she is getting such attention, maintaining her independence and is in a safe and clean environment. Thank you so much to everyone at the Fountains at Cedar Parke!

Extended Fountains Family

My Mom and Dad moved into the Fountains in 2010, unfortunately my Dad passed away 5 years ago. The love and support my Mom received by her extended "Family" is priceless! My Mom wasn't sure she wanted to stay, but after about a month she expressed to us that she was happy she did! There is always something going on, whether she is enjoying activities, on a trip, or involved in a good card game, she is hardly ever in her apartment! Mom always has interesting and funny stories to tell us when we call or visit. She also goes on and on about how good the food is and how sweet and wonderful all the wait staff are, I have to agree as I have had the pleasure of joining mom on numerous occasions for dinner. I am so pleased knowing how happy my Mom is and that she is safe and surrounded by so many caring and compassionate people! Would recommend The Fountains.

Great Facility

I am very pleased with the service and the attention of staff at The Fountains. I moved my mother in last year and since then, have seem great improvements to the facility and the programs. The activity schedule is more diverse and there are a lot of new additions to the monthly calendar, including trips. I am also impressed by the newly renovated Skilled Nursing kitchen and the new Assisted Living Wing.

My mother is very happy to be there. She has not had any issues and when she does, the staff goes above and beyond to help fix any problems she may have.

Great job staff at The Fountains!

Best Place

My Gram resides at The Fountains and has been there for almost 5 years. She is 100 years old and still lives in Independent Living. It has been the most fun she has had in over 25 years, making friends, going to activities, and having peers to meet for dinner each night!
The staff is attentive, caring, and responsive to all of her needs!!

Clean Place!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken at this community for my loved one . The property was very clean and they had a lot of great amenities available for all of the residents. I like how spacious the common areas as well as the dinning room was as well. They had a great menu as well as activity program available to all of the residents as well.

My opinion

The rooms at this community needed some remodeling. Some parts of the outside of the building could also use some remodeling. The person that took us on tour was friendly and the community did seem clean. This community also seemed a little to remote for my loved one.

Not the place for me

This is an older community and unfortunately it is not the place for me. They do show a movie every Saturday night. This community is not as active as I would like. The staff have been great and quick to respond when I need something. I am comfortable with my apartment. The community is starting to show signs of wear.

The tour was great. It was very informative. The facilitator (her name escapes me) was very attentive & informative. The overall facility was best that I have seen.

A great place for mom

I have no complaints. Excellent staffing and cooperative environment. Very helpful and flexible. My mother is very very happy here. Priced to be affordable and I cannot find what more you get for paying more in other communities. Lovely grounds, lovely interiors from the apartments to the hallways. Food is delicious in the dining room and the staff throughout have been friendly and accommodating. Doctors, nursing and physical therapy on premises. This was just what our mother and we were looking for. A great value and a great job done by all!

Refundable Entrance Fee is Never Refunded

Please review all of the reviews on this dump. They obviously do not provide adequate care.
In addition, the Fountains will never refund your Refundable Entrance Fee. If you are desperate and decide to stay here, do not choose the Refundable Entrance Fee option choose the cheaper non-refundable Entrance Fee option. They pocket the refundable portion.
My father was a resident at the Fountains until his death in 2007. He has been dead for 9 years and we have not seen a dime of the refundable Entrance Fee. We were supposed to have received a $93,000 refund.
In addition, the Fountains director, Murphy [removed] is not man enough to return calls or take calls on this issue. I have sent an overnight letter on this and been calling for over a week. If anyone else is in our shoes on the Refundable Entrance fee and would like to join us in a class action lawsuit, please contact me at [removed]. I hope this [removed] shuts down

Look elsewhere

Wouldn't send my dog here. The facility looks nice but after moving in calls go unanswered, contract signed but price changed within a week of moving in. Other residents told us they report issues without response after new owners took over. Beware of this place! Promised call backs that never happen.

Impressed

Very pleasant, clean in all sections (independent living, assisted living, memory care, nursing home). I like that the ind. and assisted living have wreaths on the doors, “view boxes” outside of the doors where residents put decorations and homey/personal things. Marketing person was not available, but Director of Housekeeping did tour and was greeted with enthusiasm/affection by residents we encountered. People were not lined up in the hall in wheelchairs - they were involved in different activities in each section. My first visit to any of the facilities on my list - impressed.

Wouldn't send an enemy here for care!!!!

My mother in law lived here on the independent side and we really liked the place. My husband has Alzheimer's disease and i placed him here for 5 days while i took a break. [removed] When i went to pick him up, he was unwashed, unshaven and still had the same depends on for 3 days. He reeked!! He was bruised and scratched, i reported this and never got a satisfactory answer.

Money paid for apartment to go to heirs upon death.

My friend chose this place for retirement because it offered the money paid for the apartment to go to her estate after her death. It has been over 4 years since her death and the money has not been returned to her estate.

Lots of Compassion and Flexibility Here!

My parents moved to The Fountains about 4 months ago. Initially they were very resistant to any kind of continued care facility - but with my 89 year old father being the sole care giver for my 81 year old step mother with Parkinson's, he eventually saw that he needed help.

The best thing about Fountains is their flexibility in the care they provide. My parents are in 'independent living' because my father really is independent - but the Wellness Center is able to send someone over several times a week to give him a break and help my step-mother . When the time comes, they have assisted living and nursing facilities available. Fountains helps you to decide when it's time to move to these facilities.

Dr Palladino (onsite) is wonderful and very compassionate. My step mother was in several hospitals before coming to Fountains and they really messed up her meds, practically leaving her comatose. One visit with Dr Palladino and he adjusted her meds and she was a million percent better!

Apartments are bigger than any of the other facilities I've ever seen... prices are reasonable as compared to other places.... Leslie (Director of Marketing) was an absolute angel and helped them to move in quickly ... they were just so understanding at a time when my parents were trying to come to grips with their own mortality. Can't say enough good things!

Visited this today was ver...

Visited this today was very impressed. We plan to consider this.

Quite Satisfactory

There is one meal a day and it's excellent. I happen to like the place. I don't know what I would ask them to do to improve it. As far as I'm concerned they're quite satisfactory. I'm not sure what they Alzheirmer's part is like. I'm going to need that soon but I don't know how it is right now. I don't participate in any of the activities so I'm not sure what they are but I know there are things available.

great place. working on pri...

great place. working on pricing

Nice clean, new looking facility. Ni...

Nice clean, new looking facility. Nice size rooms with kitchens. Pricing programs look doable.