Atria Voorhees - Voorhees Township, NJ

Atria Voorhees - Voorhees Township, NJ has yet not published prices.

Approved on very short notice. [Removed] gave us a great tour; sending us home with a dinner sampling. Like the residence and my father in law gave high marks to the food. Still under consideration.

It's been a rough start

My dad has had a rough start here but the staff has been very helpful with his transition here, they are attentive and friendly. Dad's room is nice and we have brought in some of his own furniture so that it is starting to feel more like home for him. They offer a lot of amenities here for the residents to take part in and I would recommend setting up a tour to see this community.

I liked this Brookdale the best in terms of the people, the wonderfully decorated resident doorways/corners, and the overall "warmth" of the place. I'm sensitive to the room sizes and want my mom in the largest possible living room/bedroom apartment I can find. This facility has memory care (the one at Evesham does not). Rooms are smaller than at Evesham Brookdale. I'm very torn!

All around great staff!!

I have no complaints about the care my mother has been receiving so far at this community. The staff have been attentive to her needs and have made an accommodations they can to make sure she feels welcome as well as comfortable. Mom has had no issues with the food and seems to be participating in a few of the activities they have to offer throughout the week.

Very pleased with this community.

The staff are helpful and explained the services that are available up front. They encourage mom to participate in some of the daily activities. They do offer trips out to the store. She is very happy with the food. The community is clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community.

Job well done!

The community is in a good area. The staff was great at answering all questions. I feel that they went into depth when asking about the financial part of it all. They worked with us. The community was clean and neat when I arrived.

On the whole we have an 85 year old mother that has made the Right choice of assisted living homes

I am writing this on behalf of my 85 year old mother. We were received very graciously. My mother is very happy with the majority of the staff. She absolutely loves the quality, quantity and variety of the meals. Our biggest issue is Brookdale's new resident "button" system. It has failed a total of four times since she has moved in, which was the earlier half of April. We have been told the staff has between three to twenty minutes to respond once activated. Being stranded at the dining table after a meal is one thing, being stranded on the bathroom floor at night is another. So many of the staff from top down are clearly in the right field. They are very sincere, caring and knowledgeable. Unfortunately as with anything in our world today there are some bad apples. Her secured room has been broken into while she has been in the dining room. As happy and content as she is and has been, these two incidences have her and the rest of her family with a feeling of uneasiness.

Respite Stay

My mother was here for a respite stay and her experience was pretty good. The community looks nice and clean, that was one of things that caught my eyes. The staff was good at caring for her. They do offer nice activities for the residents through out the week and she loved the meals. I would recommend this community because it was nice and clean.

Overall good experience

Brookdale Voorhees is nice. The lobby and dinning area are open and very inviting. The food is good, the staff is friendly and good, but I would say at times there is a small disconnect on care. My mother's doctor prescribed a medicine for in room storage. The facility does not like to have meds in the room, because they dispense them. They would like her to call for that med if she felt she needed it. The family had to request it again even after the doctors orders. The food is good, you get options, along with being very accommodating and will make something special request. The chef there is wonderful! Overall the experience is good. No place is perfect.

Size Does Matter After All

One reason we chose Brookdale Voorhees was because of its smaller size. It is only 2 stories and looks residential, rather than commercial, from the outside. There are only about 80 residents, so most everyone knows most everyone else. It truly has a family feel. Folks are friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. The quoted price was attractive compared to a number of other South Jersey facilities we checked, but there is a caveat. The final monthly cost will be based on the level of assistance your loved one requires. The level of assistance required will be determined by a nurse from the facility after the nurse assesses your loved one. Family and friends can visit most any time and visitors sign in upon entering. It has only been about a week and a half since we moved Mom in but so far so good. She is encouraged to be active and we appreciate that. We would recommend Brookdale Voorhees. Thank you.

A Great Place!

I toured this community, and was so impressed. My biggest concern was how the residents interacted with the staff, and it was nice to see a very friendly environment with lots of activity between everyone. The food was great, there were plenty of activities, and the biggest help is the transportation that will take them to and from doctors appointments.

If I was in a place where I needed a community to move into, I would pick this one!

Review of Emeritus at Voorhees

Front office staff very helpful and friendly. Activity director excellent. Noticeable frequent turnover of nursing staff, RNs and medtechs.

It's going good so far

It's going good so far. I'm happy with it. We haven't had any concerns.

So far I think that they are doing very well.

So far I think that they are doing very well. I really don't have any complaints, so far. She is happy with the food, she is eating well. I only worry about the availability of the medicaid beds, when she gets to that point. It's a very nice community with a very homey feeling. It's comfortable and, her studio is perfect for her. It's very clean. Each apartment has a side window where they can see who is at the door. I really like that.

I am limited with what I can say rega...

I am limited with what I can say regarding this facility. The facility is clean and well kept. I thought the food was acceptable. We felt that it would be a good match because all the staff were very welcoming and friendly and assured us that my mother would get the very best of care. My mother died after 5 days in the facility. We placed her there on a Sunday and she passed away in my arms on Thursday. The times that I visited her, she was either sitting alone by the fireplace, or sitting at a meal with others, but not being included in the conversations. Her hearing aid was not working properly and her eyesight was not great which caused her great angst and she was very depressed. She complained about being in a great deal of pain at night and not getting the attention, although this was strongly disputed by the staff, but as far as I could tell, there was only one aide and the nurse for the nighttime. One night my mother was sitting up in the bed and she was unaware that her leg was bleeding because of the metal on the hospital bed. The rug was stained as a result. I don't know how long she was sitting there before the aide came around to check on her.

Enjoyed the tour

We toured several Emeritus locations while looking into options for Mom, and while this was not the one we selected it was a nice looking community. Everything looked good during our tour, but we ended up selecting another location based on accessibility for our family, and a great experience with the staff.

Very Accessible Staff

(Value Not Rated) They seem to have plenty of activities for the residents that wish to participate. What really impressed me about the community is how clean it is and there are no odors. It looks like a nice little residence, more of a home like feeling then an institution. The staff is very accessible which gives us some peace of mind.

Enjoyed meeting several of the staff ...

Enjoyed meeting several of the staff at Summerville. Director did not provide any pricing and have called to ask about this.

very nice rooms; nice staff; nice din...

very nice rooms; nice staff; nice dining; 10 medicaid beds; private papy for 2 years; clean, homey feel.

Located in a New Jersey suburb of Greater Philadelphia, Atria Voorhees is a vibrant community designed to help older people enjoy the benefits of an active lifestyle – and experience greater well-being.

This inviting residence offers a selection of studio and one-bedroom apartments with kitchenettes. Just steps away are a variety of convenient amenities, including a library, movie theater, salon and barber shop, and welcoming outdoor spaces such as a courtyard, patio and walking paths. A friendly, caring staff is available 24/7 to provide discreet support when needed.

For people living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, Atria Voorhees offers Life Guidance® – Atria’s forward-thinking approach to memory care. Residents enjoy exercise and social engagement in a secure, thoughtfully designed space with specially trained caregivers who focus on ways to help them continue to live a fulfilling life.

Every day is a new opportunity for connection, creativity and fun. With a calendar full of events, residents can continue doing the things they love and discover new interests. From yoga and creative writing classes to guest lectures and happy hours, residents can be as active and involved as they like.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. Atria communities are home to more than 21,000 seniors and employ more than 14,800 people.