We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
Brookdale Evesham - Voorhees Township, NJ has yet not published prices.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Doctor on Call
- Dentist Available
Brendenwood provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.
Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.
The Brookdale Evesham is located in the Voorhees Township in New Jersey. The Township works hard to provide programs, amenities, and discounts for older adults living in the community.
The quiet hamlet is a suburb of Philadelphia and is located in Camden County. New York, Boston, and Newark are all easily accessible by car and train. The Voorhees community experiences the full range of seasons with colorful autumns, mild to severe winters, crisp springs, and hot to humid summers.
Voorhees' main claim to fame is the Flyers Skate Zone. Skate Zone is a training facility where the Philadelphia Flyers prepare for their winning seasons.
- Walkability Score: 30. Transportation is necessary.
- Average Age in 08043: 28.
- There are over 10 retirement facilities in the Township.
- Average Weather Information: Four seasons with mild to severe winters and hot, humid summers.
The Voorhees Township prides itself on showing gratitude to those who have served in the armed forces. Almost 60 local businesses in Voorhees Township and in Camden County offer discounts, services, and activities to honor America's veterans. Register for a discount card at the County Store, call 856-566-2920, or visit https://Voorheesnj.com/residents-offers/veterans-programs/.
Camden City Veteran's Affairs also offers a Pets for Vets program that waives adoption fees for veterans who want to adopt a new best friend. The Brookdale Evesham is pet friendly with a courtyard, garden, and walking paths to take a stroll with a four-footed friend. Contact www.ccasnj.org.
- Raws-Tait VFW Post in Somerdale, New Jersey.
- George Walton American Legion Post 371 in Gibbsboro, New Jersey.
- The Voorhees Municipal Building is home to the Voorhees Township Veteran's Wall of Honor, where over 220 residents are celebrated for their military service.
- Veterans are entitled to a $250 tax deduction.
A vehicle is recommended for this area, but there is a sliding-scale bus service that can be scheduled in advance to help seniors get to non-emergency appointments. The Philadelphia International Airport and Trenton-Mercer Airport are within an hour drive.
- Buses: The New Jersey Transit Bus runs between Voorhees Township and Philadelphia via the 403 Route. There's also the SEN-HAN service, which is a transportation service devoted to taking seniors shopping and to non-emergency appointments. Contact http://scucs.org/sen-han-transit-camden-county/ for more information.
- Trains: Amtrak and SEPTA. Port Authority Transit Corporation High Speed Line Ashland Station in Voorhees Township.
- Rideshares: Voorhees Taxicab Airport Service, Lyft, and Uber. Download the respective apps at www.lyft.com and www.uber.com.
Health and Safety
The convenient location of Brookdale Evesham allows community members to utilize a broad spectrum of healthcare services.
- Hospitals in the Area: Vitua Voorhees Hospital, Virtua Express Urgent Care, The Children's Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, and Virtua Primary Care at the Tatem Brown Family Practice Center.
The low crime rate makes the Township ideal for families with children or elders with a memory impairment condition. However, Voorhees Township is a suburb of Philadelphia, and the convenience and proximity of the major metropolis can impact the crime rates in the town. The Voorhees Police Department works hard to keep the town safe and provides extra services, such as home checks for residents on vacations.
- The crime rate for Voorhees Township is low. The town is 39 percent safer than other U.S. cities of its size. The safest areas are William Feather Drive, Alluvium, Main Street, and Centennial Boulevard.
Sports and Leisure
The lively retirement population in the Voorhees Township has plenty of opportunities to enjoy outdoor activities and leisure options. In the wider spectrum of Camden County, New Jersey, there are endless options for golf, fishing, and other leisure enjoyments.
- Golfing: Get putting at Golf Land or the Voorhees Kresson Golf Course. Beginners can try Pleasant Valley Miniature Golf.
- Camden County Division of Senior Services offers many recreation and cultural opportunities.
- Camden County Parks are great places to enjoy the outdoors.
- Cherry Hill's Free Gold Card Program, which is available for New Jersey residents, offers seniors low-cost options for social events, cultural engagements, and recreation. There are Bingo games, shuffleboard, Bridge, Pinochle, and the Golden Senior's Racquetball Club.
- Cherry Hill Health and Racquet Club offers discounts to Gold Card carriers.
- Future Fitness Centers Powered by AFC offers sliding scale and free memberships to eligible participants for the Silver and Fit programs.
- The William G. Roher Center for Health fitness is an excellent place to explore the low impact but high enjoyment of water aerobics and also provides a full range of arthritis-focused programs.
- Adult programming for people over 60 years old is a fun way for seniors to make new friends.
Shopping and Entertainment
There's plenty to keep anyone busy in Camden County. The must-see attractions of the Garden State Discovery Museum, the historic Eastern State Penitentiary, and the Round House are all an easy drive from Brookdale Evesham.
- Clothes Shopping Nearby: Target, JC Penney, Kohl's, Bed, Bath and Beyond, and Bascov's.
- Grocery Stores: Acme Market, Dollar Tree, Save-A-Lot, Walmart Supercenter, and Rastelli Market Fresh.
- Luby's nearby: Unfortunately, there are no Luby's near Voorhees Township.
- Other Restaurants: Rodizio Grill, Iron Hill Brewery and Restaurant, The Mansion on Main Street, and more.
- Movie Theaters: AMC Voorhees 16 offers 3D-Jumbo digital screens.
- Libraries: M. Allan Vogelson Regular Branch Library, Gibbsboro Public Library, and the Berlin Township Library.
- Senior-Friendly Salons: Brookdale Evesham has an on-site beauty salon and barber shop for residents. In town, elders are welcomed at the Tranquility Beauty and Spa, Padma's Beauty Salon, and The Style Lounge.
- Attractions: Coco Key Water Resort is a wonderful place to cool off during a hot summer day. Connolly Park and the Round House or Cookie Jar House in Glendora, New Jersey, is a great location for a quirky day out.
- Christian Churches: Hope United Methodist Church, Cultivate Church, and St. Andrew of the Apostle Catholic Church.
- Jewish Temples: Congregation Beth El.
- Buddhist Churches: Khmer Temple and Preah Buddha Rangsey Temple.