Brookdale Evesham - Voorhees Township, NJ

Brookdale Evesham - Voorhees Township, NJ has yet not published prices.

2 year private pay req., share a 2 bedroom/2 bath apt with other resident once medicaid. $3695/mth, $3000 entry fee

Was not impressed with my tour. [Removed] was pleasant but you could tell this was not his main job. Was only showed a 2BR when I know I said I wanted to see both a 2BR and 1BR. The 2BR was very tired/old looking. Couldn't get a real feel for the place because a concert was going on so that sort of limited where I could go. I would suggest to them if they are going to schedule tours, you really need someone to give a professional presentation and tour. Did like the fact that they had a very full schedule of activities. Facility looked clean and did not smell. Did not get to meet any residents so could get a feel for how they felt about living here.

This was my 2nd choice of the Brookdale locations - the room sizes are nice and large, but no memory care - so mom would have to be shifted to a different location at some points. I'm torn. I liked that this Brookdale and the one at Voorhees both had resident ambassadors who will take a newbie under their wing and show them the ropes.

Wonderful place, offers a lot. Price is competitive, bright and welcoming. Well-maintained. Kind, supportive, and attentive staff.

The staff here go out of their way

My mother-in-law has started to settle in nicely here and the staff have bend over backwards making sure that her transition has gone well. She is already making friends and enjoys being part of the activities that they offer as well. My mother-in-law keeps telling me that she is going to start gaining weight because the food is so good and she really enjoys it.
I would definitely recommend this community as the staff are outstanding.

Great Value!

Mom likes living at Brookdale Evesham. She would prefer being home, but everyone at Brookdale is so friendly that she now has the social contact she did not have at home. The services provided are great.
The only criticism I have is that they could have more diverse activities, but mom seems to find enough to do.

Very nice facility. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Helpful from start to finish.

Not sure

We did not get a good impression when we visited this community. There did not seem to be a nurse on staff that weekend day and the person we spoke to did not have an answer as to why this was. The community did look clean and the person that took us on tour was nice.

Love One Is In Good Hands

My love one is doing well with her move to this community. They have an attentive, helpful staff. I know she is in good hands. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community everything is well-kept when I come to visit. They provide good meals, and nice activities for the residents. Overall everything is working out for us well in this community.

Cleanliness not Good

I was not impressed with my tour of this community. The person that was supposed to give me my tour was late, but friendly. The community is older compared to other community's I looked at. The apartment I was shown was disgusting. The cleanliness of the community needs major improvement.

The facility is very pretty and the food is good. Additional services are not as they should be. Staffing is lower than is needed apparently since short-handed seems to be the excuse. My mom paid for additional help services but the facility took quite awhile to get them all in place. She was there for 2 weeks before she got her first assisted shower though she was supposed to get help twice a week.

Really great community!

Everything has been going real well so far. Mom loves the food and being able to have people around. I like that the food is nutritious and healthy all the time. The staff is very nice and accommodating to me and my mom. This has been just a positive experience for mom.

Very pleased!

Mom enjoys living at Brookdale. The staff are very good and take good care of her. The food is good and they the community is well taken care of. There is a full agenda of activities. I would recommend this community.

Very Nice Experience

So far it has been a very nice experience for my mother in law here at this community. She is doing well, and we are pleased with her move to this community. The community is well maintained. They do a good job with keeping everything nice and clean. So far everything is working out well.

Need to have more to do!

I did get a chance to take a tour and must say that I was not impressed. The community is not in a good location. There is really nothing to do around the community because it is in a residential community. The staff was nice though.

Not Recommended!

I am not happy with this community due to the fact that I was quoted for the price of her care and the prices are going up all the time without notice. She is not getting good care. I am having to go out and purchase items that I was told were included in what the community provides. I am considering getting additional care for her to be in her room to make sure that she is changed when needed because they are not watching her. This is very costly. She is not able to get the staff to come to her room when she needs them and when she rings for them they are not answering her call until the next morning. They have made promises that are not kept. I am having to buy her dishes and utensils on my own and they are not offered. We had to go out of town and expected me to purchase items before I left due becasue they told me that they did not know how much she would need while we were going out of town. They are not cleaning her room and we are having to do it for them. We are being charged for her to be taken for meals each way. I have talked with the staff and nothing has changed at all. I would not recommend this to anyone because they will not get what they are paying for.

This is a well maintained community and very clean. They have several activities and my step-mom seems to enjoy them. My mom is really satisfied with the meals, I was surprised learning this. I am impressed with the community and I would recommend them.

We liked this place and want to go back next Saturday with my mother-in-law to have lunch and show her around. The person you told us to see didn't know we were coming in and another person who is the Director, I think, gave us a tour. I believe her name was Lisa.

trying to adjust

My in-laws are still trying to adjust at Brookdale Evesham. They are unhappy to be in assisted living. They had a full time care taker and now they are actually getting less care. It is not the facility it is more of their opinions. My father-in-law has a bit of a hard time figuring out things that I would do automatically. Like how the meals work and what time they need to be down at the dining. He doesn't know how to approach those types of questions with the staff. He will call us and complain saying he has to get his medication but has to be gone at the same time. He just doesn't know how to ask the staff certain questions. I have seen the facility. It seems nice. Everybody seems positive and helpful. I have been to an activity there and it was lovely.

Mom is happy again!

Lots of pros: Very friendly and caring staff. Food is good and requests are welcome. Various activities and scheduled trips available. Residents are happy and really welcoming to new residents. There are many small conversation areas and beautiful outside gardens. Easy entrance process.
The cons: The maintenance request response could be better (closet doors). Public bathrooms should be cleaned more frequently and aggressively. Older air/heating units noisy and unsitely in residential units.

So far so good

So far it has been good. We had a little of issues but they have been corrected. So far so good. I would recommend the Brookdale Evesham because it's a really nice community. The facility is really clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They are caring. The value is excellent for you get. They offer a lot of activities. It has been a very good experience. We are really pleased with the Brookdale.

Nice looking place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Brookdale Evesham seemed like a very nice place overall. The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed friendly and caring. We really liked the flexibility of their plan, they always have something available if your loved one gets hungry, not just 3 set meals per day. We did, however, find their pricing structure a bit confusing, and it was difficult to determine what our final costs would be.

Very nice place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought Brookdale Evesham seemed like a clean, warm, and welcoming place! The staff was friendly and seemed very hands on with the residents. I would definitely recommend it as being worth a look to anyone looking into senior care in the area!

They've been great

The administrative staff at Brookdale Evesham is extremely helpful. They've been great and have helped me get through everything.

The place is clean overall but I do think it could be a tad bit cleaner.

very nice. Asst living com...

very nice. Asst living comes to you. Within price range

Very friendly staff!

We're incredibly pleased with how things have gone with Brendenwood! It's a very nice looking, clean community, and at a great price. There's not a bad thing I can say about them! The staff are very friendly and caring, and even though my loved one hasn't been here long they already know who I am and greet me when I come in for a visit!

They do a wonderful job.

They are very attentive and take care of my aunt they let me know if something is amiss. She has asked for help hanging pictures or things and they are right on it. She does exercises with the group, they giving her confidence, and she is making friends. They take trips out and things. When we first got there, she was saying that the portions were a little small, I told her she could ask for more, and there haven't been any complaints since then.

Our 2nd choice

This was a nice looking community! I really liked how the rooms were a lot more substantial that some places I toured, they felt more like each person had an individual apartment. The residents seemed active and friendly, and the facility was nice looking. This was our second choice, we went with another one just because it was more conveniently located for our family.

Liked our tour

We toured this location, and it seemed like a nice place. I would have liked for it to be a little brighter on the inside, I felt like there were a lot of windowless hallways. It was also a little out of the budget we were looking in, and not as conveniently located as some of the options we looked at. Good overall, but not what we picked for Mom.

Great place for Dad!

Dad is really enjoying this community. There are a lot of activities and events to keep him busy. He loves the layout, Dad wanted a large community so that there would be plenty of people to interact with, and this certainly fits the bill. The staff are friendly, and the facility itself is well kept. We toured a few, and this was our favorite!

this is a month to month fa...

this is a month to month facility. pay as you stay. no guarantee you can stay once funds exhausted. not a viable option.

I believe I would like a mo...

I believe I would like a more active population . The workout equipment was very very limited, the flowered rugs were very much not my taste. Staff was pleasant but not interest.ed at this time

very pleasant experience. ...

very pleasant experience. One possibility. Room had adequate space for the price.

Initial impression of Brendenwood

I have recently contacted A Place For Mom and have been assisted in finding a new place for my mother to live. First of all, I have to commend a Place for Mom. They replied to my inquiry immediately and connected me with an outstanding, and caring advisor who directed me in my search for an assisted living for my mother. I have nothing but the highest praise for this organization.

I toured Brendenwood, along with 4 other communities, and we chose this one for my mother. First of all the staff is very kind and knowledgeable. The community offers a one bedroom apartment, which is lovely, and has a lot of storage space. Seeing an apartment made us feel better about her transition. It will be much easier for her to live in an apartment than a studio. Their pricing was reasonable for all they offer, and the levels of care seem to be well-planned and appropriate for our needs at this time.

I am hoping my mother can be happy and thrive here. My only concern in choosing Brendenwood is that they don't have continued nursing care connected with this facility. If she gets worse, we will have to move her again. I hope we made the right choice in that regard, but am confident it is the right place for her to live comfortably, with independence and dignity while getting the assistance and attention to safety I know she needs.

1 Bedroom studio - rate $5818 w/ ass...

1 Bedroom studio - rate $5818 w/ assisted medication for parents; shower for mom; one time community fee $3675; VA benefits; Rooms very nice; clean; friendly staff; nice dining room.

Room size is adequate. Concern with l...

Room size is adequate. Concern with lack of SNF arrangement

Shared room is two bedrooms w/shared ...

Shared room is two bedrooms w/shared living & kitchen.

Brendenwood provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

The Brookdale Evesham is located in the Voorhees Township in New Jersey. The Township works hard to provide programs, amenities, and discounts for older adults living in the community.

The quiet hamlet is a suburb of Philadelphia and is located in Camden County. New York, Boston, and Newark are all easily accessible by car and train. The Voorhees community experiences the full range of seasons with colorful autumns, mild to severe winters, crisp springs, and hot to humid summers.

Voorhees' main claim to fame is the Flyers Skate Zone. Skate Zone is a training facility where the Philadelphia Flyers prepare for their winning seasons.

City Info

- Walkability Score: 30. Transportation is necessary.

- Average Age in 08043: 28.

- There are over 10 retirement facilities in the Township.

- Average Weather Information: Four seasons with mild to severe winters and hot, humid summers.

Veterans Services:
The Voorhees Township prides itself on showing gratitude to those who have served in the armed forces. Almost 60 local businesses in Voorhees Township and in Camden County offer discounts, services, and activities to honor America's veterans. Register for a discount card at the County Store, call 856-566-2920, or visit https://Voorheesnj.com/residents-offers/veterans-programs/.

Camden City Veteran's Affairs also offers a Pets for Vets program that waives adoption fees for veterans who want to adopt a new best friend. The Brookdale Evesham is pet friendly with a courtyard, garden, and walking paths to take a stroll with a four-footed friend. Contact www.ccasnj.org.

- Raws-Tait VFW Post in Somerdale, New Jersey.
- George Walton American Legion Post 371 in Gibbsboro, New Jersey.
- The Voorhees Municipal Building is home to the Voorhees Township Veteran's Wall of Honor, where over 220 residents are celebrated for their military service.
- Veterans are entitled to a $250 tax deduction.

Transportation

A vehicle is recommended for this area, but there is a sliding-scale bus service that can be scheduled in advance to help seniors get to non-emergency appointments. The Philadelphia International Airport and Trenton-Mercer Airport are within an hour drive.

- Buses: The New Jersey Transit Bus runs between Voorhees Township and Philadelphia via the 403 Route. There's also the SEN-HAN service, which is a transportation service devoted to taking seniors shopping and to non-emergency appointments. Contact http://scucs.org/sen-han-transit-camden-county/ for more information.

- Trains: Amtrak and SEPTA. Port Authority Transit Corporation High Speed Line Ashland Station in Voorhees Township.

- Rideshares: Voorhees Taxicab Airport Service, Lyft, and Uber. Download the respective apps at www.lyft.com and www.uber.com.

Health and Safety

The convenient location of Brookdale Evesham allows community members to utilize a broad spectrum of healthcare services.

- Hospitals in the Area: Vitua Voorhees Hospital, Virtua Express Urgent Care, The Children's Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, and Virtua Primary Care at the Tatem Brown Family Practice Center.

The low crime rate makes the Township ideal for families with children or elders with a memory impairment condition. However, Voorhees Township is a suburb of Philadelphia, and the convenience and proximity of the major metropolis can impact the crime rates in the town. The Voorhees Police Department works hard to keep the town safe and provides extra services, such as home checks for residents on vacations.

- The crime rate for Voorhees Township is low. The town is 39 percent safer than other U.S. cities of its size. The safest areas are William Feather Drive, Alluvium, Main Street, and Centennial Boulevard.

Sports and Leisure

The lively retirement population in the Voorhees Township has plenty of opportunities to enjoy outdoor activities and leisure options. In the wider spectrum of Camden County, New Jersey, there are endless options for golf, fishing, and other leisure enjoyments.

- Golfing: Get putting at Golf Land or the Voorhees Kresson Golf Course. Beginners can try Pleasant Valley Miniature Golf.

- Camden County Division of Senior Services offers many recreation and cultural opportunities.

- Camden County Parks are great places to enjoy the outdoors.

- Cherry Hill's Free Gold Card Program, which is available for New Jersey residents, offers seniors low-cost options for social events, cultural engagements, and recreation. There are Bingo games, shuffleboard, Bridge, Pinochle, and the Golden Senior's Racquetball Club.

- Cherry Hill Health and Racquet Club offers discounts to Gold Card carriers.

- Future Fitness Centers Powered by AFC offers sliding scale and free memberships to eligible participants for the Silver and Fit programs.

- The William G. Roher Center for Health fitness is an excellent place to explore the low impact but high enjoyment of water aerobics and also provides a full range of arthritis-focused programs.

- Adult programming for people over 60 years old is a fun way for seniors to make new friends.

Shopping and Entertainment

There's plenty to keep anyone busy in Camden County. The must-see attractions of the Garden State Discovery Museum, the historic Eastern State Penitentiary, and the Round House are all an easy drive from Brookdale Evesham.

- Clothes Shopping Nearby: Target, JC Penney, Kohl's, Bed, Bath and Beyond, and Bascov's.

- Grocery Stores: Acme Market, Dollar Tree, Save-A-Lot, Walmart Supercenter, and Rastelli Market Fresh.

- Luby's nearby: Unfortunately, there are no Luby's near Voorhees Township.

- Other Restaurants: Rodizio Grill, Iron Hill Brewery and Restaurant, The Mansion on Main Street, and more.

- Movie Theaters: AMC Voorhees 16 offers 3D-Jumbo digital screens.

- Libraries: M. Allan Vogelson Regular Branch Library, Gibbsboro Public Library, and the Berlin Township Library.

- Senior-Friendly Salons: Brookdale Evesham has an on-site beauty salon and barber shop for residents. In town, elders are welcomed at the Tranquility Beauty and Spa, Padma's Beauty Salon, and The Style Lounge.

- Attractions: Coco Key Water Resort is a wonderful place to cool off during a hot summer day. Connolly Park and the Round House or Cookie Jar House in Glendora, New Jersey, is a great location for a quirky day out.

Religious Facilities

- Christian Churches: Hope United Methodist Church, Cultivate Church, and St. Andrew of the Apostle Catholic Church.

- Jewish Temples: Congregation Beth El.

- Buddhist Churches: Khmer Temple and Preah Buddha Rangsey Temple.