Voorhees Senior Living - Voorhees Township, NJ

Nice Community!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available for all of the residents. It was just not the right budget in the end decision for my mother so we had to pick something else for her.

I really liked it

This community was very nice clean very well maintained. The staff was helpful and friendly answered all my questions seemed quite knowledgeable. It would have been a good fit for them However the price was out of my parents budget.

Respite Went Well

My loved one respite stay experience went pretty well here at this community. She was pleased with her stay, and everything went well. The community looks good, they do a good job with the cleanliness. She didn't have any problems with the staff. The meals were decent for the most part. This is a pleasant community, and I would recommend it.

A great place for mom.

A great place for mom.

I really like this place. It is where my mother lived. My mother-in-law would not be able to afford to live here. We took our own tour of Brookdale Echelon Lake and liked it ok. We are going back there next Saturday at 10:00 to show my mother-in-law.

It's been good so far.

It's been good so far. I have been pretty happy with them. From what I have seen the food seems to be pretty good. I don't have any major complaints or things that need to be improved.

Really Happy with Voorhees Senior Living

I like the cleanliness, the dining area, the personalization. They do call you if anything out of the ordinary happens. The food was great. It's a very nice community with a very homey feeling. The place is very clean, and all the staff there is incredibly friendly.

clean and friendly, but bad maintenance and terrible food!

There is one laundry room for each floor. The one where my mother in law is, we had to go fix the washer ourselves because it was not working. The counter is still broken and needs to be repaired. So there are definitely some things as far as maintenance goes that could be improved. The food also is not good. I have talked to a number of the residents there and have had them all say the same thing - the food is really bad. I of course don't expect them to have five star restaurant food, but better than what they get. I could go on about this for a while - the food is really bad!

The place is very clean, Michelle does an excellent job with the activities, and all the staff there is incredibly friendly. There really are a lot of things to commend them for, so it's a shame I've had to say a few negative things. There's a lot of good and a lot to improve at Voorhees Senior Living.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and would like to thank you for the positive comments regarding Voorhees Senior Living. Our team is truly dedicated to providing the best experiences possible for our resident’s and for their family members as well. I sincerely apologize for the issues and concerns listed in your review, but would like to have an opportunity to address them. We replaced the washing machine; as soon as I was made aware it was broken and also fixed the counter. With regard to our Food & Dining program, we recently made some positive changes to our team and our menu, so I hope your mother in law is now having a more enjoyable dining experience.
I do take each of your concerns very seriously, and will work to find resolution to them. It is always our goal to ensure our residents and our families are happy with all of the services we provide.

Warm Regards,
Shanyn Ryan, Executive Director

She’s making friends.

I found out through APFM and after we went to all these place, we found out one of my mom’s neighbors went there and loved it! Word of mouth for it has been great. The food could be a little better. She likes to play cards, but she’s doing a lot of activities. She’s making friends.

too early

initial impression is one of a homey relaxed atmosphere where staff interacts with residents seamlessly. way too early however to give an overall rating as only time will tell if facility truly offers a lasting living experience for my aunt.

Really Happy with Voorhees Senior Living

I like the cleanliness, the dining area, the personalization. They do call you if anything out of the ordinary happens. In the beginning I was bugging them all the time. They were very nice and they put up with me. They advised me and set me in the right direction. I think they need more men's activities. They have a lot of women's things there like needle craft. They're trying to get a men's card came going and trying to get more men together. To compensate in the meantime, dad plays poker with one of the aids. Everything works - they take of everything.

It's 2 year private pay and you have to be under $26000 when you go on medicaid. Other wise they don't keep you. That rule I don't like but they have seminars there to talk about this. It was cool that they take the extra step. They bugged me to come and they had a law firm come and explain everything. It was really helpful. The nurses are good too. They all know me and him. real personal that way. We're really happy with this place.

24 hr. nursing on-site; can provide i...

24 hr. nursing on-site; can provide increased level of care; PT; 3 meals and snacks; $4000-5000 per month furnished; 350 sq. ft. ($4035);$3300 entrance fee; all utilities included. Sm. kitchenette.

generally clean; noticed tub/toilet d...

generally clean; noticed tub/toilet dirty; nice place in genral, but more of a hospital feel

Voorhees Senior Living is conveniently located off of Route 561 and offers the best of both worlds – a peaceful, tranquil setting just minutes from shopping, restaurants, and medical campuses. Experience the charm of our beautiful community through our décor, delicious cuisine served restaurant style by our dedicated wait staff, and spacious private apartments. Within our community you can celebrate a special occasion in our private dining room, relax and read in our Library, make popcorn and enjoy our Saturday Movie, or simply relax on our porch and enjoy views of our pond. At Voorhees Senior Living you’ll meet new friends, be pampered by a dedicated, caring, and professional team of individuals, and take advantage of a full range of services that will make your life secure and independent. Enjoy and take advantage of our complimentary transportation to destinations including the concerts, restaurants, casinos and other events in the local community. Of course there is plenty to do at Voorhees Senior Living. We have our own activities coordinator who makes sure there is always something fun going on throughout the day and into the evening. Come find out why so many people call Voorhees Senior Living home.

Stop in today for your personal visit and enjoy a meal with us!