Spring Oak at Berlin - Berlin, NJ

This place may seem great but underneath their facade of being a good facility are people in charge that have no interest in the wellelderly living there. They let my grandmom become severely dehydrated to the point of kidney failure and she almost died. They have aids, a nurse or two, and multiple staff who let her get so sick over possibly a 2 week period. The head nurse [name removed] will behave as though she is so caring, but nothing could be farther from the truth. I could go on..... do not send your loved ones to this facility. They are not in the business for caring, they are just in business.

Happy with the care!!

My father has recently made the move into this community and so far I have no complaints of how things have been going for him. The staff have been friendly and have made sure to accommodate his needs to the best of there ability. He enjoys participating in some of the activities with the other residents as well as the dinning experience for meal times. Overall we are very happy and would recommend it to anyone.

Disappointment

My grandfather is a resident. The care is minimal, he was in the same clothes for 3 days. He claimed he wasn't feeling good but no one knew anything. My wife is an RN and questions the knowledge of the head RN. It shouldn't be called assisted living because they don't like assisting, it should be called 65 and older apartments. If your parent has needs, not the place. They claim they do a lot of activities but when I visit the residents are never doing anything. Not worth the money, they have a lot of Medicaid residents so if you are Medicaid, it's an ok place. Don't use spend down money here.

Sherry [remove] was excellent in her explanations of Spring Oak. It is a very nice facility, clean and residents look satisfied with their surroundings. It is my first tour of a local senior living option.

Very nice place

I think Spring Oak at Berlin is a very nice place, overall. The staff here is friendly and professional, and they take great care of the residents. They've also got a good cleaning and laundry service. Over the holidays they even had a few parties which family members were welcome to attend. I thought it was a nice gesture!

The aids have gone above and beyond at taking care of my mom

My overall experience has been good. The administration staff is very nice and very helpful. The aids have gone above and beyond at taking care of my mom. The meals are good. The only issue is the miscommunication that we had between the nursing staff about getting some medications that were discontinued. Other than that, it's been good. We haven't had any other issues or complaints. It has been going well.

Loved the facility, the staff and the residents. There is a 'dorm-like' feel amongst the residents. Rooms are spacious - facility appears well-kept. Sherry is the best! Can't wait for Mom to move in.

Outstanding Service

Sherry Lynn is the admin and she is fantastic!! She worked so well with me in assisting me in getting my father admitted quickly that it only took 3 weeks! I am forever greatful for her experience and guidance to getting our situation to resolution.