The Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

I enjoy living at The Regency Park Fair Oaks because it is such a pleasant place one might think they were on a vacation of sorts. Our tasty food is prepared with flair. Activities are imaginative and stimulating, happening both on site and away. Our private baths are tidied up every day with fresh linens because our staff keeps us spotless. The ratio of staff to residents is high so that we get our needs met sooner than other places I have known. This is a friendly, very caring kind of place.

Anonymous Resident

Review of The Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

Certainly a higher and senior facility in Pasadena area. Well managed, well maintained, attention to detail. Good food, exercise classes, movies, 3 libraries, on floor kitchens, art classes. Shuttle service and provide. Very accommodating staff. Excellent choice.

Review of The Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

Working at Fair Oaks for how many years with the elderly has been my honor and enjoyed my time with them.

Review of The Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

I am happy I chose The Fair Oaks for my dad. This place became his home and he received a lot of love. [Removed] was the best, [Removed] was fantastic!

Review of The Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

Love Fair Oaks. Clean, bright, safe and lovingly staffed. [Removed] especially is the best.

Review of The Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

My mom has lived here 4 years. The food and activities are excellent.
The caregivers are top notch. We love it!

Review of The Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

Mother has resided since Nov 2013. The facility is very clean. The menu for meals very healthy and service is great.
Med management is very good. Security of facility is great. Quality of life is very good. Attitude of all staff are very positive and supportive.

Review of The Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

Great place to live! Good food and lots of things to do. Very nice people – both staff and residents.

Review of The Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

This community is in harmony with residents. It is well organized and serves good meals and offers many programs for senior residents. I love to live here.

Great place!

Review of The Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

The facility is one of the best in the industry!! I would recommend my elder relatives to leave there. The service and hospitality are awesome.

Review of The Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

This is only my second day here. I went on a day trip yesterday. So far, both staff and residents have been helpful and friendly.

Friendly staff

This has been a good move for my father, the community and the staff is very friendly and caring. My dad likes his room and we have got his furniture arranged so that it feels more like home for him. I have had some trouble getting my dad set up for the resident doctor program and I am hoping that will be put in place soon. Dad is starting to take part in the different activies and special events they offer here as well as making new friends and he enjoys going to the dining room and he says the good is also good. I would definitely recommend setting up a tour and coming to see this community and all they have to offer.

Staff are kind and attentive. Good atmosphere - Clean and tidy - Repairs made promptly. Safe environment.

Area for improvement: Pharmacy arrangement for residents on medication management program. Poor turn around time on first fill of new prescriptions - 2-3 days!

I am happy I chose the Fair Oaks for my dad. This place became his home and he received a lot of love. [Removed] was the best,[Removed] was fantastic!

My mom has lived here x 4 years. The food and activities are excellent.
The caregivers are top notch. We love it!

Mother has resided since Nov 2013 the facility is very clean. The menu for meals very healthy and service is great and management is very good. Security of facility is great. Quality of life is very good attitude of all staff are very positive and supportive.

This community is on harmony with residents. It is well organized a serves good meals and offers many programs for senior residents. I love to live here.

Great place!

Mom is making lots of friends!!

My mom has recently made the move into this community and so far I have no complaints of how things have been going for her. The staff have been friendly and I am comfortable with the care they have been providing her. My mom seems to be having a good time and making lots of friends which I am impressed to see. They have a great activity program as well as a menu for all of the residents. The one thing I think could use some improvements is they need more plants and green in the courtyard.

Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

My father and mother are both living at fair oaks, and both are as happy and comfortable as at home. All your staff are so loving and gentle. It is a pleasure to see them and they always have a kind word for all of us. [Removed] was excellent in making our move in possible. She is a real asset to fair oaks.

Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

The marketing director Ms. [Removed], was extremely helpful in expediting the process of getting my husband situated in a beautiful room (318) and helping with a follow up visit to see that he was happy with the accommodations; YES!!

Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

[Temoved] was and is most efficient in her daily duties. She was a big help making sure my new home was a comfortable transformation for me!

Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

I have lived here for 2+ years and the community is a very good experience. The housing and employees are here to help and care for you when needed. What ever your need might be you can count on this community.

Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

[Removed] was a wonderful guide around your facility. Your services and location are a great package and I will definitely refer any seniors looking for a home to you.
Thanks!

Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

Totally awesome facilities and [Removed] was the Bomb! Thank you for the amazing experience!
Beautiful Place

Fair Oaks by Regency Park - Pasadena, CA

[Removed] is/was a great host/representative for this Center. Her enthusiasm and passion for the Community Center was infectious. She answered all of our questions with enthusiasm. As for the accommodation it is very impressive immaculately clean and very inviting. If in the future I decide to move into a residential community - I would definitely select this one.
Thank you so much for your time.

This is a wonderful place, so many good things to say about it I don't know where to begin.
This is number #1 on my list. I Will be taking my mom there, hope she feels the same.
*****

My Grandfather is now living at Fair Oaks & is so happy to be a guest. He's in love with your director and so am I (haha) Grand-dad really seems better since he has been there

Loved it! Beautiful facility. Like a five star hotel but too expensive for me.

Not what it appears to be

Horrible experience. Understaffed the entire time our parent was a resident ( about 10 months). We were forced to hire an outside caregiver on a part-time basis to ensure that our parent received the daily medications, other ADL assistance (That we were paying Regency for BTW).

Our family doctor was very familiar with the facility and recommended that we move out as the care was not up to par.

In addition, after we moved out I learned a friend of the family had been hired by Regency. She complained often about the under staffing situation and finally quit to go to a better managed facility.
CHECK with the California Dept of Health Care Services to see what complaints have been filed. You need to go to their office to do this but the information gained is invaluable.

Review of The Fair Oaks By Regency Park-Pasadena, Ca

Nice communal facilities. Good activities. Good dining. Units were small. No real cooking capability in units. Small unit with minimal storage. Not a very walkable area. Communal laundry and kitchens which were inconvenient. Affordable.

Above and Beyond to work through Issues

The staff went way above and beyond in their efforts to work through the numerous personal issues involved with my aunt's situation.
Their willingness to work with the family to identify resolutions were much appreciated.

Feels like a 5 STAR hotel! Gourmet food, gorgeous facility, beautiful restaurant and the rooms are bright and well appointed. The residents also seem vibrant and happy. Lots of great activities are listed including outings to the movies, the theater, museums and lots more. I missed the rooftop garden, but if it is anything like the rest of the place - it too, has got to be beautiful and well thought out. Although it seems a bit expensive, it really wasn't that much more than some of the others we visited. I can't wait to get my mom in here - she deserves to be pampered!!

We are pretty happy with it overall.

We are pretty happy with it overall. The food is okay. They have plenty of activities, and he does them all. I would say when they are dealing with memory loss, they could be a little more organized about things like laundry. For how nice it was, it was more reasonably priced than the others. My only suggestion would be that they like very high functioning residents here, and if you are going to need a higher level of care, or some memory care, this doesn't offer that. There are a lot of people with Advanced Degrees, so it's nice to have other intellectuals to socialize with. There is a high standard for grooming as well.

Very nice facility. Highest priced of the others. I preferred a location nearer where my mother lived.

Quiet. Well maintained and nicely laid out. Very Upscale. No bathtubs except in common area. Three meals a day included. Month to month arrangement. Furnished apartments available.

Loved the Regency for my in-laws

My inlaws loved their time at the Fair Oaks. Everyone was really sweet, friendly and attentive. Jennifer Salas was especially warm and welcoming. We cannot say enough about this lovely lady. She was so polished, patient and positive and took the time to get to know the whole family. The facility was first class from the reception on up. The apartments were well appointed and the staff was first rate. The food was great and the dining room and common areas were very elegant. We recommend the Regency to anyone who can afford this luxury accommodation. It's definitely well worth the price.

A wonderful place

A wonderful place. Bright and cheerful, full of caring people. The food is EXCELLENT, and the quality of care could not be better. I could not be more pleased with our choice. Thank you to the Director and to all of the great staff.

I visited today and was ver...

I visited today and was very, very impressed. It is an absolutely beautiful facility, and the residents seem very comfortable. They answered my questions as I would like to have them answered. I am quite sure I will be taking my mother to visit soon. Unfortunately, no one-bedroom units available right now, but possibly a studio until one opens up.

Very Elegant

This place is very elegant but it was way too big and way too expensive. It was really nice though. Everyone was very nice that I met there.

Nicest Place I've Ever Seen

My dad is at Fair Oaks. It's great. My father's comment after he'd been there for a couple days was this place is as nice as some of the nicer hotels he's been in - and he's been all over! it's the nicest place I've ever seen.

We like everything about it. It's really a beautiful place. The décor is beautiful. The food is really good. My dad likes the food and so do I. I've had a couple of meals there. The common areas are fantastic. Every floor has it's own separate kitchen with a big cooking/eating area. They have a pool table and great seating areas a beautiful movie screening room with high backed chairs that seats 40 or 50 people. They have libraries on every floor and a spa. They have a couple of outdoor areas - one has a nice bbq seating area. It's great!

There is no move in fee! They applied the deposit toward the firs two months and they had furnishings in the rooms - mirror, chest of draws, table. It's like a big hotel room, about 400 sq ft.

This was a beautiful reside...

This was a beautiful residence my objection was mixed independent/assisted living. We saw more people who were obviously assisted rather than independent livers.

first choice so far

first choice so far

City info

Covering 23.13 square miles, Pasadena is the ninth largest city in Los Angeles County. It features beautiful weather and is also home to many scientific and cultural institutions. Pasadena has a high walk score, and many errands can be accomplished on foot. The city offers plenty of senior housing facilities and veteran's facilities to older residents.

- Walkability score: Pasadena has a walkscore of 66, which means that most errands can be accomplished on foot. The most walkable neighborhoods include Downtown, South Lake and Raymond Hill. Residents can walk to an average of five restaurants, bars or coffee shops within five minutes.

- Average age in the zip: In 2015, the population reached 139,899 people, with a median age of 37.3 years.

- # of senior housing facilities in the zip: There's about 50 different types of senior housing facilities in the zip and in surrounding cities. Some are specialized and offer memory care services and assisted living services. Rates start from $1,500 and go up to $8,950.

- Average weather info: There's about three months in the hot season and four months in the cold season. Throughout the year, daily temperatures range from 45 to 88 degrees Fahrenheit. It rarely drops below 38 degrees Fahrenheit and rarely goes above 97 degrees Fahrenheit. The weather is mostly cool, wet and cloudy year round.

- Veteran's facilities in the area: While there are several veteran's facilities in the area, the most popular option in Veteran's Affairs.

Transportation

Although getting around Pasadena on foot is quite easy, the city has an excellent transportation system that features quite a few bus routes and rail lines. Seniors are eligible for discount programs when taking public transit although they will have to bring a piece of government-issued ID with them at all times. The city offers ridesharing services. There's also has plenty of taxi companies operating in Pasadena. It's easy to get to and from destinations even when public transit is no longer running.

- Buses: Pasadena Transit offers 8 bus routes in the city. Senior discounts are offered for those who are 60 years of age and older.

- Trains: Foothill Gold Line has six stations in Pasadena. There's a senior discount program available.

- Taxis: There are several taxi services in Pasadena. Popular options include Pasadena Yellow Cab and Taxi Pasadena.

- Ride shares: Uber and Lyft both operate in Pasadena.

Health and Safety

Pasadena is a moderately safe city in the U.S. It offers plenty of hospitals to residents, many of which offer specialized care.

- Hospitals in the area: Pasadena offers numerous hospitals for residents. Major hospitals include Huntington Hospital, Sunrise Convalescent Hospital and St. Vincent Health Care.

- Crime rate in the zip: Pasadena is safer than 19% of U.S. cities. Annually, approximately 3,828 property crimes and 444 violent crimes are reported. The crime rate is 30.03 per 1,000 residents.

Sports and leisure

Staying active in Pasadena is a piece of cake. The city offers a wide range of recreational facilities from golf courses to tennis courts to gyms. Many of these recreational facilities are open to the public. Grab a friend or several friends for a game whenever there's good weather. Some public facilities will require reservations ahead of time. Various gyms offer senior-friendly activities and courses that cater to different concerns. Some focus on strength building while others focus on improving stamina.

- Golf courses near by: There are several golf courses in Pasadena. Popular options include Brookside Golf and Country Club, Eaton Canyon Golf Course and Arroyo Seco Golf Course.

- Tennis courts/clubs near by: Play tennis at several public tennis courts, including Rose Bowl Tennis, Lacy Park Tennis Courts, San Marino Tennis Center, Garfield Park Tennis Courts and Caltech Tennis Courts.

- Gyms near by “ senior friendly (aerobics): Sign up for plenty of senior-friendly courses and lessons or try various senior-friendly activities at gyms like Equinox Pasadena, Gold's Gym and Breakthru Fitness.

Shopping and entertainment

There's plenty to do in Pasadena, so there's never a boring moment. This city is filled with shopping malls, grocery stores, restaurants, movie theaters and libraries. Many libraries belong to a central branch, so one library card is all that's needed to borrow books from each of them. There are also plenty of attractions that bring tourists to the city. Many entertainment options are also great for outdoor enthusiasts.

- Clothes Shopping nearby: Find fashionable clothing at Paseo Colorado, Shops on Lake Avenue, Hastings Village or One Colorado.

- Grocery stores: Find fresh produce and meat at Whole Foods Market, Pavilions, Chaaste Family Market, Armen Market and Vons. Find Latin American groceries at the Baja Ranch Market and organic groceries at Grassroots Natural Market and Kitchen.

- Other restaurants: Indulge in Hawaiian-fusion cuisines at Roy's Restaurant, and enjoy upscale Italian dishes at Il Fornaio. La Grande Orange Cafe offers seasonal American chow for diners, and President Thai restaurant has many reviews raving about how delicious their Thai dishes are.

- Movie theaters: Catch a show at the many movie theaters in Pasadena. There are many showings for newly-released Hollywood movies at iPic Theaters, ArcLight Cinemas, and One Colorado. Watch the latest independent, foreign and art films at Laemmie's Playhouse.

- Libraries: Borrow a bunch of books and movies at Pasadena Public Library, Hastings Branch Library, Shatford Library, Hill Avenue Branch Library and Lamanda Park Branch Library.

- Attractions: Stroll through the gardens of Arlington Garden in Pasadena or the Storrier Stearns Japanese Garden. Central Park is also a wonderful place for a picnic or for lawn bowling. Go on guided tours at the Gamble House, which is an architecturally significant 1908 home designed by Henry and Charles Greene. The Norton Simons Museum is also worth visiting.

Religious facilities

Pasadena caters to all religions. There are plenty of places of worship available, making it easy to find prayer groups or other religious groups.

- Religious facilities nearby: Popular churches include the Pasadena Presbyterian Church, the All Saints Episcopal Church and the Pasadena Church. Popular temples include the Pasadena Buddhiest Temple, the Pasadena Jewish Temple and Center, the Ma Durga Temple, the Pasadena Shiva Temple and the Apostolic Temple.