Solheim Senior Community - Los Angeles, CA

We’re one of the few communities around that has both Memory Care AND Skilled Nursing! We prefer an age-in-place model, so our Residential and Assisted Living residents are randomly mixed in two buildings on the campus, with the idea that if a resident comes to Solheim at a more independent level, but needs assistance over time, they don’t have to change apartments.

Solheim provides what looks to be a complete and cheerful assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care facility. Otherwise, independent living looks too drab. There are no window views to speak of. The decor is ordinary. I wouldn't want to live here.

Outstanding Care

We like this community for my mom. My mom is going to be here for a short time period. We have been happy with the care here. The staff are attentive and helpful. The menu is good and we like that they had tried to help her participate in the activiites. This community is wonderful and we would recommend the good care for other families.

Very friendly and comfy. Low buy in $111,000 for largest one bedroom, then $4600 for 2. $7,012 for assisted living for 2. Stay in Independent Living for Assisted Living. $5706 Memory Care ?for one. Month to month $6939 for 2. Memory care all private rooms and small groups.
Independent Living kitchenette only--no stove or stove top. Washer and Dryer shared.
Transportation to KP Sunset. KP pays for skilled nursing.
Breakfast 7-10 am, Lunch 12:30 Dinner 5:30
Free WI Fi and basic cable. Fitness room small few classes
90 day Opt Out and receive total initial payment otherwise 3 year amortization to get part of money back
Very friendly staff. Can get bus to Gold Line
Outside garden and barbecue

Committed and Caring Staff

Incredible and genuine care and concern for each of the residents. They have a weekly meeting discussing the residents, so the support and knowledge of the staff is congruent and up-to-date. They are just very obviously committed to the best interests of their clients and it shows in their actions.

Wonderful facility.

Love the staff and everyone associated with Solheim. my parents were only there for a short stay and everyone was very warm and welcoming and will do whatever it takes to make your stay as comfortable as possible. They always had a smile on there face. It was great!

A Clean Place with Great Care

The facility is bright and clean. Food is excellent. The nursing staff is very nice and medication management is handled very well. They are a non-profit and have been around for 90 years so I feel very good about their track record. My mother has been there for about four weeks and I have visited her everyday at various times and have always had a positive feeling about the place and the staff. The only criticism I have is that the non-nursing staff are not very good at returning phone calls or following up on requests for services, information or timelines. It is a bit frustrating to have to handle all the coordination and follow up myself when I am also dealing with the stress of getting my mother settled into an unfamiliar environment. Security is another concern. None of the sliding glass doors in my mother's temporary single or her permanent one-bedroom locked. Both units were located on the first floor. I alerted Facilities but they were never addressed.