Pasadena Highlands - Pasadena, CA

We loved the place and think it would be good for her, but still not ready to commit yet.

Silvia was amazing and informative! I like bed the facility, but thought my mom might be overwhelmed by the size.

Avoid

AVOID. My father spend four days at the Highlands. Despite being on notice that his care needs exceeded the level at which they assessed him during their intake evaluation, they provided no additional service before letting him fall twice. He ended up in the hospital. While the Highlands agreed to release him from their 30 day notice requirement, they refunded only $2200 of the nearly $6000 we had paid four days prior. That's $1000 a day just so they could prove their [Removed] handling of their residents.

Just to big

This is a very nice community and the staff did an excellent job with my tour, they showed me all around and they were able to answer my questions with no problems but I just thought the atmosphere here was not a good fit for my Uncle and that the community was just too big for what I was looking for him.

Out of date!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and I have to say that I was not very impressed with my experience. The hallways where very dark as well as the carpet and it was just a depressing atmosphere. They also could use some more green and flowers in the courtyard are. I will say that the rooms they had where very large and I loved the balconies they had attached to the bedrooms. It was just to dim of a place for my mother to go to .

jbowyer

Thank you very much for taking the time to visit our lovely community. I’m so glad you noticed our apartments are significantly larger than most Independent and Assisted Living Communities.
The expansive balconies you described have the most incredible views of the mountains and courtyard (especially in Spring) when all the flowers are in bloom. The large expansive windows help residents enjoy the view from their apartment as well as their balcony. It is truly breathtaking. We appreciate you taking the time to comment about our building. I do hope you visit with us again, the next time you should see more color in our hallways as well as our courtyard. Again Thank you,
Robert Goldberg, Executive Director, Pasadena Highlands

Very nice, clean facility. Lots of options available.

Very nice place

I'd give Pasadena Highlands top marks across the board, they really do everything well! It's a nice looking place, and the staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.

Review of Pasadena Highlands - Pasadena, CA

No Buy in month to month rent with yearly increase in price 2. Units 4000-5000. No oven small refrigerator and 2 burner stove-top small closets one washer dryer per floor North units view of mountains 2 BD 2 Bath have tub and shower. Subterranean parking 20 car month free parking above ground. 3. Building quiet concrete Steele good cell phone reception spotty radio reception. 4. Must buy at least one meal a day Breakfast 7 -10 open seating Lunch 11 - 1 open seating. Dinner 2 seating 4 or 6 pm with happy hour before each. 5. Levels Independent Semi-inependent Minor assisted Major Assisted Early Memory Care Full Memory Care No skilled nursing have PT in house. 250 month for each level of increasing care. 224 apart. 50 Independent. 5. Small exercise room few group exercise classes no pool or Jacuzzi

Caring and watchful staff

The Pasadena Highlands' real strength is their thoughtful, caring and helpful staff. Everyone, at all levels, presents a happy, friendly demeanor.

The facility is situated very nicely and provides views in just about every direction depending on the apartment that you select.The apartments are well maintained and regularly updated, overall very nice. The food is good but not wonderful BUT the staff will accommodate one quickly if you have a special desire.

Just be careful... make sure that this is what you want. When my wife exhibited wandering dementia I needed to place her in a safe place. I moved in to assisted living as well... it does not work for me for a variety of reasons.

Review of Pasadena Highlands-Pasadena, Ca

Small units. Minimal kitchen facilities. Not a lot of storage. Security seemed a little lacking. Minimally smoker friendly. Communal laundry which seemed inconvenient. Nice dining. Good activities. Walkable area with shops in the neighborhood. Affordable.

Very nice if you can get the north-facing apt. A pleasant environment. Close to home.

great place

They keep my mom's room very clean. They have a lot of activities they offer. I like the way it is physically set up. All the rooms has a balcony which is good for the residents.

Some Improvements Needed

I think that their staff could better coordinate the care. They are friendly and helpful, but could use better coordination. I think they need to have more activities, or their existing activities need to be ratcheted up. They need to improve the level of their activities. Make them more sophisticated. They need to improve the assisted living dining area. It is very depressing.

jbowyer

Thank you for your observations and input. We are pleased to let you know that many of your concerns were identified and addressed. In October, we announced the promotion of one our nurses to the Leader of Assisted Living. She has made a positive impact with the staff and delivery of services. The dining room and activity area has been enhanced; new cabinets, countertops, pictures, patio furniture, etc. We continue to listen to our residents and families to make modifications to our activity programs and services. If you would like to discuss further please call us or stop by the front desk.

They are doing a pretty good job.

They are doing a pretty good job. It's clean and the staff is friendly. Some meals haven't been as tasty as others, but in general the food is pretty good. We don't have any complaints about activities, or anything really. We are pretty happy with them.

Older building but had some great green space and a beautiful restaurant. It had the greatest amount of activities available. Sounds like they had parties all the time! Staff seemed quite friendly and enthusiastic. The residents seemed quite happy. The rooms were spacious and they were willing to paint the walls any color you wanted. The only bad thing was that the hallways were dark and dingy looking.

It's great. It was a good choice.

It's great. My mom is happy there. It was a good choice. The cleanliness is excellent. It's always clean. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The value is excellent. They do a pretty good job at taking care of my loved one. It has been a great experience. I would recommend the Pasadena Highlands to anyone. It's just a great place. I'm glad my mom is happy there. It's a nice community with nice people.

Hi,

I am so happy to hear this. Our staff adore our residents. Thank you for the feedback!

Good facility. Lots of activities. The only available rooms were not to our liking.

Raena Stein

Thank you so much for your feedback. I apologize about availability. You are more than welcome to join the wait list for an apartment of your choice - you never know what might pop up!

a little disappointed

I am a little disappointed with Pasadena Highlands. They put him in an apartment and did not have anyone watching him, interacting with him, or caring for him. They basically filled the room, but then when our needs were not met we had to hire someone else outside of Pasadena Highlands to help out at additional cost. It seems to me they were only interested in filling the room rather than helping us out. I think there are better places in the area, especially for memory care patients.

Raena Stein

We understand the transition for your loved one was trying. Making adjustments due to memory issues is never easy. Unfortunately it was determined memory care was needed after the resident moved in and we did not have availability in our memory care neighborhood where we are confident his care needs would have been met. We wish the resident and family all the best and thank them for their valuable feedback which we'll use to make adjustments as needed

Great decision

In addition to the beautiful facility, Pasadena Highlands has the most positive vibe. It is one of the most cheerful places I know (which actually still surprises me) - and that positive attitude emanates from employees as well as residents. My mother adapted very quickly with the help of very supportive staff members. I have great confidence that she is surrounded by caring professionals in a rich environment. 5 stars

Raena Stein

I am so glad you feel that way - thank you!

Great...so far

Great...so far. The request for review was sent in 5 days after Mom moved in, so it is a little early to speak for the long run. That said, so far, Pasadena Highlands has delivered on all their promises. Mom was released from hospital directly there and has not yet had the opportunity to experience the amenities offered.
4.5 stars (except for big time elevator waits). If able, I'll update this in a month or two.

I toured five facilities. Pasadena Highlands was the best fit. Staff is friendly and engaged with the residents. The facility is immaculate and upscale. Highly recommend you check them out if you are looking for assisted living in the 5K + / month range (don't let price scare you as all charge about the same at this level of facility)

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the nice review. It's been nice working with you and your family. Mom's doing well here. Hope to see you soon!

Raena

Nice quiet, friendly place. Apartments are nicely laid out. No kitchen when you walk in the door of units. which I liked very much. Huge balconies make for extra space. Outside quadrangle beutifully landscaped. Very dog friendly which is good.

Thanks for coming in!

Great Place and great Service

My Dad stays at the Pasadena Highlands in Pasadena, California and in a one bedroom unit. The place is five stars all the way. I like the personal services thats available there. They go the extra miles to make good of any situation. They are very personal all the way up the ladder. We are very happy with everything. Really happy

Raena Stein

I am so happy to hear that. We take great pride in our community and we are so glad your family is a part of it!

So far in working with them, my first impression is good.

We haven't actually moved in yet. So far in working with them, my first impression is good. I don't have much experience, but things look good so far.

Raena Stein

I am glad your experience has gone well. We look forward to working with you!

Thanks,
Raena

Great Place !

Everything is pretty good. I like the personal service that they have there. If there is ever a situation they are very personal with my dad in taking care of his needs.

Gary,

We love having your dad here! He's such a great addition to the community!

I really think this is a great place!

My loved one has only been here for a short time, but so far, I am very pleased. I really think this is a great place! The staff is really adjusting to my loved one. I'm visiting often to help my loved one adjust, but I am very pleased with the help they provide and the attention they give!

Raena Stein

Thank you - our staff works really hard to make sure our residents are cared for and happy.

IT IS A LITTLE TO SOON TO EVAULALATE....

IT IS A LITTLE TO SOON TO EVAULALATE.
THREE WEEKS. SO FAR GOOD.

Hi Michael,

Thank you!

Beautiful grounds, nice ran...

Beautiful grounds, nice range of services. I think it's too far away.

Thanks for touring!

Very tall building. Memory ...

Very tall building. Memory care unit on ground floor. Rooms opened onto side patio area, surrounded by tall wall.

For a unique senior retirement living experience, choose Pasadena Highlands. We are one of the best retirement communities in California, due in part to our holistic approach to wellness and our breadth of activities and programs. Choose from assisted or independent retirement living, with easy transition between both if needed. Why retire in a cold and rainy climate? For uplifting scenery and always warm weather, you can't beat the setting of our California retirement communities. Pasadena Highlands has the perfect facility and caring staff to make your golden years the passionate and enjoyable time of life they are meant to be. Start exploring and join us today.

Enjoy the safety and security of your private apartment and the idyllic family neighborhood that surrounds Pasadena Highlands. Feel at home in your own spacious apartment with up to 805 square feet. Choose a studio,one or two bedroom and enjoya kitchenette, large bathroom,balcony or patio, with a varietyof spectacular views. Here, you’ll find the highest quality and best value in Independent and Assisted Living. Each apartment is equipped with emergency pull cords and our front desk is staffed 24 hours a day. Plus, Pasadena Highlands is conveniently located close to major medical centers.

Know that if a little extra help is needed, Pasadena Highlands can provide a seamless and dignified transition from
Independent Living to our Assisted Living Community where we offer the same wonderfully large studio, one or two bedroom apartments. Here, services and amenities are designed to enhance freedom and independence. With a Licensed Assisted Living Director, 24 hour care staff and services like medication super-vision, personal laundry, bathing and grooming, your changing needs will be met in a gracious and professional way with loving personalized care and attention to detail.