Regency Park Oak Knoll - Pasadena, CA

Located on Oak Knoll Avenue, a beautiful tree-lined residential street between Cordova and Del Mar, Regency Park Oak Knoll exemplifies the best in retirement living for seniors. Our goal is to provide a positive setting with an emphasis on quality of life, activity and socialization.
One of Oak Knoll's unique qualities as a memory care community is that unlike other such communites, the residents are not situated in a locked unit, so all the residents enjoy the pleasaure of freedom throughout the entire community. Resident population ranges from independent, early to late stage dementia and the Executive Director/Administrator has been with Oak Knoll for 25 years.

This is a Memory Care facility only.

I don't know why it's advertised and listed on various sites, including their own website, as assisted living as well. We took a tour with my in-laws and were told the whole facility is just for Memory Care.
It's nice and clean and there's a large outdoor area. (although that area was bumpy and could use some TLC to be safer)
BUT... it's very expensive. The rent and care rates are quite a bit higher than others in this area.
Didn't really understand why, because it does seem dated, however it's clean and friendly.

Hope this is helpful.

Mom is happy here

The staff is appropriate, this is a memory care environment. I love that they are not behind lock doors here. They aren't criminal they are just not well. They have a 22 second delay on the doors so that will give them time to redirect the resident. The staff is nice and friendly they know all of the residents names. They engage her to join in the daily activities. They are glorified caregivers and I appreciate them. It is a nice homey feeling here. The food is good and the portions are appropriate. The building is shaped like a horse shoe and they have a nice gated courtyard in the middle of it. I would recommend this community.

Beautiful community

This is a beautiful community and the staff did a terrific job showing us around and they answered all our questions. There are a lot of amenities offered here for the residents who want to take part, the courtyard is very welcoming and the staff was very friendly. I would definitely recommend taking the tour here.

Nice Community!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. They had a lot of great amenities for the residents and I liked the courtyard they had outside. Should my mother ever need the level of care they offer this will defiantly be our first choice.

Pros and Cons

I really liked Regency Park Oak Knoll and thought my Mom would especially like the décor and the outdoor patio. I was all set to bring her for a tour, but discovered ultimately that they could not accommodate her particular health issue (though I'd confirmed that at the very outset). I was disappointed, but all worked out for the best in the end. Parking is not great, but the location is!

Looked Into Other Choices

For a nice community with a nice atmosphere I thought their price was way out of the ball park for us. We had to consider other options.

Did not think it was a good fit.

Beautiful facility. Very clean.

nice, homey, one room, no kitchenette, wait list
all memory care facility

Very Impressed !!

The staff is very genuine and has done an amazing job on making my loved one feel comfortable and right at home. I am very impressed at how clean they keep the community as well as the tasty meals. They are always taking my dad on outings and keeping him entertained throughout his day . They also offer a variety of events for the family to engage in with there loved ones. I absolutely recommend this place.

The Back Up Plan

This seemed like a suitable home for my mom but we did not choose because my mom wanted to be at home. It is an excellent community and I did not see one thing wrong. Everything was great here. My tour went great and if we need a community in the future we will be coming here. I also appreciate the help from A Place For Mom.

We love Regency Oak Knoll

My sister's and looked at many places before picking Regency Oak Knoll. We love how it feels like hotel not like hospital. Our mother really likes living there.

Review of Regency Park Oak Knoll - Pasadena, CA

First community we visited and decided on - unfortunately Mom is a fall risk and no rooms were available in memory care. Excellent clean facility with a friendly and caring staff. I wouldn t mind living there myself.

Mom Mother just moved in. My sister's and I are very happy she is living there. It feels like beautiful apartment living with all the safety,security and help Mom needs.

It Has Been A Blessing

Overall I really, really like the place. It has been a blessing and they are amazing to my mom and are not just taking care of her, but giving her life. I have never seen her happier and they are all really good with her and I am very pleased with it. She is comfortable and happy there.

Friendly, communicative staff

I think they do a great job overall at Regency Park Oak Knoll! The staff here is friendly and professional, and I really appreciate how communicative they are. They'll let you know the minute something changes with your loved one. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they take great care of the people who live here.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have gone at Regency Park Oak Knoll! The staff are friendly and professional, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. We would recommend it to others looking into care in the area!

lovely place

Regency Park Oak Knoll was quite lovely. My father decided not to stay there just out of his own personal prefernce. He would rather live at home and have onsite care help as needed, so the solution was not a great fit for what he wanted, but the place and the people there were extremely nice.

Memory care facility only.

They are terrific!!

They are terrific!! I couldn't think of anything at all that could be better. They are responsive and on top of things. They do great things for him there. He is happy, and we are happy. It's beautiful, and they have lots of things to do, and they go places. It's really wonderful. It's a little on the expensive side, but worth it.

Beautiful hotel-like facility

They were wonderful and very clean

They were wonderful and very clean. They are extremely friendly I know them all by name. Tons of activities, geared to all sorts of people, all levels of ambulatory ability. They have chair aerobics, creative writing, watercolor, and they go on walks three times a day. They have picnics in the park twice a week. On Friday they go shopping and on Friday after noon they go for scenic drives. There’s a coffee shop to play games. It’s a very small community with about 100 residents. There was nothing else that I would have considered for my mother. She’s very active.

She's happy there.

She's happy there. I am very impressed by the way they treat everyone with such dignity. She's in a good place, she feels safe, It's clean, there are no odors, everyone is friendly. They have a lot of field trips to museums, and libraries, and parks. The food is excellent. Their executive chef has been there about 18 years. Everybody has been there for a really long time. This was head and shoulders above the others that we looked at.

Beautiful Place!

It is very clean and nice. I think it had about four floors. They had places for the family to come and have dinners there and have family gatherings. It was beautiful but the cost was too prohibitive for me.

The rooms were beautiful. Everything was clean. I didn't go up tot he 3rd or 4th floor but, my goodness, everything they have there - the living area where they had movies, the dining room - it was all so beautiful. They even allowed pets if you had them. It was a very nice place. I wish I could have afforded it.

Solid choice, especially si...

Solid choice, especially since they offer respite care. Mom is looking for a place to just try. Not sure that the focus on memory care would be appropriate for her or good for her, but I liked how they dealt with their residents and kept them active. Mom might rebel against that. She also won't like that the rooms are only single rooms, with no options for a kitchenette area. If she gets really out of it (God forbid) it might be a good choice.

Professional Staff

The staff was very professional. Everyone that worked there works very hard. They have some good activities but I just thought another place was going to have better activities. After moving to that new place I would like to go back to Oak Knoll.

Very pleased, perfect-top p...

Very pleased, perfect-top pick, but rate too steep for budget. Received f/u call & correspondence from Jeanine, Mktng Dir,& Gladys Broxton, Exec Dir invitation to visit again & perhaps participate in a few activites or have lunch

Two stars only because it is primaril...

Two stars only because it is primarily for dementia care. A discreet locked facility. Invisible monitoring of patients even in their rooms.