The Terraces at Park Marino - Pasadena, CA

Very pleased with The Terraces. The staff is caring, friendly and provides good care to the residents. I checked out many other assisted living facilities and am very happy with The Terraces. Thank You!

Dad really liked it here

This is a really nice community and I was impressed with the tour we were given, the staff took their time showing us around and answering our questions. My dad really like it here as well. The staff was friendly and there seemed to be a lot of amenities offered for the residents to choose from. The grounds were nice. I would suggest a tour of the community.

Nice community

When I first started looking for a community for my Uncle I had choosen this community but my Uncle's care needs had begun to change and they did not have memory care at the time so we were not able to use their services. I would definitely recommend this community for their assisted living.

Wonderful facility. Very friendly, clean, had lots of options available.

Beautiful, clean facility. Concert with a lot of interaction during our visit. No Spanish speaking residents. No availability. Did not care for Memory Care unit.

Took a Tour!!

Complimentary transportation and pet friendly were some of the amenities offered. The community counts with a lot of great staff that is ready to help the residents. My tour went great i was able to see the community and some residents. All around it was clean and well organized.

Very quiet location and nice garden."Blended Living" Independent and Assisted are not separate. 80 units. Memory Care 15 residents $4900 to $6500 per month. Skilled Nursing close by. No Buy-in. $2000 application fee, refund prorated over 3 months. Only two 2 bedroom units. Month to month $6150 for 2 people. No oven, only 2 burner stove top, nice walk in closet. Very light and airy. All meals included, designated seating. Transportation within 10-12 miles. Parking free, but limited. Wi Fi spotty, suggest getting cable bundle. water and dryer on each floor. Small exercise room, some classes. No pool.

really enjoy mom being here

The experience I have had so far with The Terraces at Park Marino have been wonderful. We have really enjoyed mom being here. The only thing I would mention is I wish they would provide more outings outside of the facility. Especially for those that are in wheelchairs. I would love mom to be able to go to church, etc. Other than that this facility has been very accommodating and a great experience.

Nice facility. One bedrooms with kitchenettes and view of the mountains from both the living room and bed room. They had assigned seating in the dining area which I thought was good for my mother. Management and people were nice since my mother will likely require maximum care to start.

The Terraces is a wonderful place

The Terraces was so wonderful. The staff, in particular Dorothy Brooks, was so kind and helpful--as was Dana the nurse, Ara at the front desk, Eddie the chef, the servers in the dining room, the hair dresser, and Dana the Executive Director. The facilities were amazing--so homey and comfortable, clean, handicap accessible, and decorated nicely. The other residents were well cared for and happy, and inviting. My mother loved the food and her table mates, Sally and Ernesto, who we will truly miss.

We picked the Terraces from many other places primarily because of its accessibility, especially the apartment bathrooms and hallways, as my mom was in a power scooter, and because of the great staff. The outdoor patio and views of the mountains, Eaton Canyon, and St. Lukes were additional pluses.

This experience was enlightening for me and my mother-in-law. We were skeptical about assisted living, but now we know how great it can be and can only hope we can be in a place as nice at the Terraces (or the Terraces) when it is time for us to do so.

I will always be grateful for how your staff handled my mother's move in and passing.

God bless, Cathy Stites

friendly, but need better communication

They are willing to talk with me regarding any issues that need to be discussed, though I often have to follow up myself as they are not as good as I would like regarding proactive feedback on issues we have discussed. Communication needs to be improved.

They are very friendly though, and willing to do what they can to help. They just need better communication and follow-through.

Very happy with it.

They are really good here. They keep it very clean and are extremely friendly. They need to get a new nurse, she is often busy doing other things and isn't very quick to respond to the residents. She had her daughter in the room while giving an exam to a resident, which was unprofessional. The food okay, it is not stellar, but it's about average. The visitor parking is always filled up by the place next door, it would be nice if they did a better job of enforcing the towing signs. The things they do very well were absolutely clear when we visited. They had the room we were looking for, it was absolutely beautiful with a nice view, when you walk through the facility there are comfortable sitting areas, with a cozy feeling. It doesn't feel institutional at all.

Had a wonderful tour and le...

Had a wonderful tour and learned even more from Dorothy. They have $ support program - I believe mom and dad would qualify for. the residents were again active - doing different activities and everyone was introduced to me and were so welcoming. Dorothy seemed to know every single resident we encountered and had personal questions or comments - so even Marketing director - has gotten to know the residents well. Rooms were bigger than others I've seen and loved that when dad had to move to Safe haven - mom could go visit dad anytime she wanted in the same building - the safe haven residents - can intermingle with others. Although a single building like gables - it felt more like large home - wide hallways - sitting areas all over - every floor. Book shelves, and such for residents - in several places. Wonderful views. Dad would be Ok in safe haven - esp as mom would be in same building with him.

Couldn't Admit Him

The facilities were very nice and very new looking and clean. In terms of the process for getting my dad admitted, I was a little disappointed. I didn't feel that they were being fully upfront, and then they eventually told me that they could not take my dad. I felt like I had wasted time with them.

Well Deserved Comfort for Mom and Dad

Mom and Dad moved into Terraces at Park Marino Nov. 4 and we are so pleased with the attentive care, the friendly staff and administration, the atmosphere, their apartment, the food (mom has gained 6 lbs.), overall layout, the social activities and the distribution of M/D's medications. They are enjoying an easier life and becoming social once again.

mostly women, only 2 or 3 c...

mostly women, only 2 or 3 couples. That's a nonstarter. Only 750 sq ft units. Too small.

Dorothy was wonderful but t...

Dorothy was wonderful but think think my mom needs more one on one care

Too expensive. We toured, she really...

Too expensive. We toured, she really liked it,however it was out of our price range.

Seems mostly assited living fac.

Seems mostly assited living fac.

We had a nice tour, but liked other f...

We had a nice tour, but liked other facilities better.

Very nice facilities. Awake aware an...

Very nice facilities. Awake aware and friendly staff and residents. Great views. Close to home and work and could serve to keep mom very engaged.

nice size rooms.

nice size rooms.

The Terraces consists of 88 assisted-living units configured in spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments. The Terraces has the atmosphere of an active club, with the old-California ambiance of Pasadena reflected in the community's elegantly decorated interior and in the flowering all-year gardens that surround the property.
What Sets the Terraces Apart?
At the Terraces, we believe in encouraging the growth of our residents as individuals, while offering personalized assistance and support when needed or desired. Residents experience the benefits of belonging to an engaging community with amenities, activities and companionship, yet all the while knowing that assisted services are available around the clock, every day of the year. Residents and their families have the added security of knowing that the Park Marino Health Center, a fully licensed, accredited skilled nursing facility, is just steps away on the same property. In addition, residents have convenient geographical access to distinguished physicians and services at Methodist Hospital of Arcadia, Huntington Hospital and other acute care hospitals located in the Greater Pasadena area.

Our personalized approach allows residents to successfully balance an independent lifestyle with the need for assistance and security. We have found that there are countless reasons why seniors thrive in our supportive community.