North Lake Villa - Altadena, CA

Perfect for Mom!

North Lake Villa seems perfect for my mom. This community is for the more advanced resident that needs constant supervision. After a bumpy start, everything seems to be going much better. The staff is aware that my mom likes to move around at nighttime and with the help of the beeper pads the night crew is on top of making sure she is safely still in bed. She is eating well, happy and not in pain, I'm very satisfied with the care they are giving her. The staff is very proactive to get her involved and encourage her to move and interact. The staff communicates with me on a regular basis and are very pleasant when we are discussing how mom is doing. I would highly recommend this community to others in need of more advanced care for their loved one.
I also want to add that there are not enough kind words to say about A Place For Mom's senior advisor, [Removed] gave us 110% for doing her job. She went above and beyond in options, suggestions and a comfort to me during some very stressful times.

My Needs Aren't Being Met

It has not been good at all. It's the food, I'm suppose to be on certain diet for my kidneys. I gave them a list and information from my nutritionist and I had a meeting with the director. Everyday is battle. When my family met with the community, they told my family they have a van for transportation, instead they are using a car. It has not been working and they are going to try to get a van. I see myself moving if they can't correct the issues.

Very Knowledgeable Staff

They really know what they are doing at this community, they are caring for my father very well here. The community looks great, everything is very nice and clean. The staff is very good at what they do. They are very knowledgeable about Alzheimer's and how to deal with people who have it. They have been very helpful with everything. They have nice activities, like dance classes. My father enjoys the meals and he seems to have adjusted well to the community. I would recommend this community because they really know what they are doing.

A Great Place

This is my first review ever. This place was recommended for Aunt Dorthy last year. She is 101 now. We went to see it and we were both very impressed. I was an Occupational Therapy Asst and had been in over 70 nursing homes, hospitals and a locked dementia unit. I also have been an activity director for assisted living facility and a program director for a senior center and an asst program director for the senior program at the JCC in Palo Alto, Ca. I say that because I have seen the best out there and probably the worst too. This place left me with the impression that they are one of the facilities that are the best out there; caring owners, staff and a program of activities appropriate for the residents. The facility has a very nice place outside for activities. I met a woman who recently put her mom there and she had checked out five other places and chosen this one. She was so happy with this place.

Nice place for dementia persons

The care they give my mother in law is great. The cleanness of the place and very friendly staff. She is always well groomed any time we visit (without notice) and I must say the food looks and smells good.

assisted living home

I just took a tour of NLV. I was quite surprised by what I saw. It is literally a home, massive home with a lot of bedrooms and bathrooms that seems as if the residents are all living at home as opposed to a facility. The cleanliness was incredible and the house had a great smell of lunch being made (quite impressed by food menu and service of food). The staff seemed really nice and attentive to the residents and the exercise program looked impressive for the few minutes I saw them doing the exercise. Thank you for the tour and looking forward to moving my family member into this community as soon as an availability comes up.

I have my aunt at NLV for almost a year now. They have been a dream come true for me and my family. From the friendly owners to the caring and loving staff that assist with everything needed, my heart goes out to this facility with tons of praise. The food is prepared with fresh (never frozen) ingredients and they always care for peoples special diets. If someone does not want whats being served to the community, they get whatever they request. The exercise programs is probably the best part of the community, ensuring that my aunt and all the other residents get at least 90 minutes a day of basic exercise and calisthenics to support their muscle memory. all in all I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. God Bless NLV.

Amazing little Gem

This community is a nice surprise the moment you walk in the door. It has the cozy feel of a board and care, but it is a larger assisted living facility for up to 30 patients. Each person gets the highest level of personalized care. The staff is amazing! The administrator, Nourit, has a passion for helping people young and old. She is a wealth of knowledge. There is a full time nurse on site. The activities include exercise, parties galore and many arts and crafts. They specialize in memory care. North Lake Villa has an outstanding reputation in the community. I would definitely put this one on your list to see if you are looking for senior care for your parents.

We are so grateful to have my mom in a safe, nurturing environment. The staff are attentive and seek to meet the residents' needs. They are quick to request doctors' input when necessary. They also work well with the families. The food leaves a bit to be desired.

We LOVED the owner and her son. 30 residents, place is old but they have a reputation for quality care.

North Lake Villa is great. The staff...

North Lake Villa is great. The staff is very caring. The administrators keep the family informed on how well my dad is doing and what they are doing to help him adjust. I am very pleased with everything they are doing for him.

No-Nice area, would like mo...

No- Nice area, would like more activities!

They are taking excellent care of my ...

They are taking excellent care of my Mother.They maintain a very clean facility. They try to keep there clients busy with activities. The staff is excellent and try to meet all the needs required. Cindy and Robert are excellent staff members.

The only drawback is the grounds are limited for outdoor walking. Other than that , its an excellent facility for the senior care.

It was excellent and very loving care.

This Community is a very small residential board and care, but it was not suitable for mom my mom. They are more a convalescent community, but it seemed like a very nurturing community, for mostly bed ridden people. It was excellent and very loving care.

They were really friendly and family oriented.

They are very kind there. They were really friendly and family oriented. There have been no complaints, and there isn't anything that I can think of that could be improved or done better.

My Husband Really Enjoys It

They're very good. It's more like a big home and that's the part I like. I've never gone in or smelled anything or seen dirt of the floor. They are really good. My husband is really enjoying the place. I think the value is fine. I have no complaints with them. They have quite a few activities. They don't have outside activities. They don't take them out to the doctor or have any transportation and things like that.

It's like a big home rather than an institution. I couldn't say how they could improve. It's very close from the kitchen to the dining room. It probably was a big house with lots of bedroom that they converted. The patio and all is safe. I'm glad he doesn't wander like he did in the beginning because it's probably not great for people that wander but it's a safe place my husband.

We were so impressed with N...

We were so impressed with NLV management, staff, program and site. The best all around.

North Lake Villa is located in a quiet neighborhood, surrounded by the beautiful Altadena mountains, overlooking the lush scenery of the city of Pasadena. Our facility has been providing custodial care and supervision for 30 ambulatory and non-ambulatory residents since 1975.

Our experience and length of time in providing a home for our beloved elderly, allowed us to develop a unique and dedicated approach in caring for our residents starting with individual care and supervision to encourage independence in activity daily living with full activity and memory care programs designed to meet their needs and promote social functioning.

Our round the clock specialized tender-loving treatment for our Alzheimer's-dementia residents includes memory care program such as Memory in the Making, Looking Back and Reminisce Through Music. As well as outstanding delicate care for our Hospice and bedridden residents such as music and touch therapy, bed exercises as well as clergy and spiritual services.

Semi-private and private rooms, fully furnished, beautiful enclosed patio and spacious yard with ramps accessible for wheel chairs and walkers all conducive to a home away from home environment which reinforce personal identities and assurance of a dignified life for our residents.

We have long respected standings with the Department of Social Services,Alzheimer and Parkinson’s association and various Elder Care agencies.