The Esplanade Senior Residences - White Plains, NY

Dory is wonderful. He really helped my Mom feel at ease. The apartments are very large and bright with great closet space. Larger than anything else I had seen...even at the more expensive facilities. Nice outdoor patio/garden with view. Common areas are OK. It would be nice if they could brighten the common areas up with a facelift!

It has great pricing

It is clean and safe. We looked at a lot of facilities. It has great pricing. My mom is happy with the way they do her laundry and clean her room. Everything has been going very good so far. The staff is not that friendly, but they are helpful. The value is excellent. The care services could be a little better. They offer a variety of activities. Our experience has been very good overall at The Esplanade.

A Wonderful Place To Be

My father entered the Esplanade in late April of this year.
He was very happy with the service and the caring staff.
Late July dad had to go to the hospital then rehab.
When he received the okay to return to the Esplanade he was thrilled to "go home"
I brought him back and could see the complete calm and happiness he felt in being there.
Dad passed the next day.
I can not express how greatful I am that dad was "home"
I believe that he was truly cared for there.
Thank you to the exceptional staff especially Debbie who showed nothing but complete compassion.
I am so happy that my dad was able to be somewhere that he loved and enjoyed before his passing.
Thank You Esplanade!

My parents are current residents in t...

My parents are current residents in the Esplanade. Their apartment is lovely and the staff is excellent. Repairs and/or requests are responded to immediately and both the housekeeping and dining wait staff are warm and extremely helpful. A few complaints that my parents have is that the new head of food service is serving food with added salt, that the TV package that they have has very limited channels, and that there are not enough trips or interesting activities. That being said, they seem to be happy and I know that they are in a safe environment.

Very Happy with The Esplanade White Plains

My parents moved into the Esplanade 5 months ago. We are very pleased with everything. The staff is very caring and attentive and have gotten to know my parents well. My parents don't handle change very well and this was a huge move for them as they moved up from Florida, where they were living for the past 20 years.. Everything has run very smoothly and we are very happy that they are there. Recently, my father had to go to the hospital for 2 weeks and when he returned at least 30 people (both staff and residents) came up to him in the dining hall telling him how happy they were to have him "home."

Esplanade white plains, ny

Did not like it!! Food was awful! Not run well! Very little activity ! No transportation to appointments and etc. no rn or doctor on premise!

Wasn't as good as another

I don't have much to think about it. My daughter felt it wasn't as clean and we felt there weren't as many activities.

Its only been about 6 weeks, but so f...

Its only been about 6 weeks, but so far the management people and support have been great in making sure that things go smoothely for my mother. My mother has early dementia and some physical issues and they are really trying to keep her involved in the activities on a regular basis.

lower pricing, but right in a busy ar...

lower pricing, but right in a busy area. did not care for location

We are an Independent Senior Residence, located in the heart of downtown White Plains, accessible to all major highways, shops, and parking. We offer supportive living in a warm congenial and home like environment. The Esplanade Senior Residence offers the freedom of an Independent lifestyle without the worries of daily household management.

The Esplanade offers a quality of life community in a carefree, stimulating and supportive environment, supported by a trained and committed staff. Our extensive recreational and cultural program offers our residents an opportunity of continued growth and new experiences. The apartments are extremely spacious, largest in the industry and designed to provide comfort and gracious living. Each has individually operated heat and air conditioning with a kitchenette. Monthly rentals include a full range of services; three nutritious Kosher meals daily in our elegant dining room, housekeeping daily and weekly and all utilities including Cable TV with HBO, a 24 hour emergency call system, pharmacy prescriptions and medical appointment coordination.

An important feature of The Esplanade is its ability to provide residents with access to personal care from a licensed home health care agency located on our property. The licensed professional staff of the agency provides each resident extra assistance, with a customized care package that is designed to meet their needs. In addition, Physical and Occupational Therapy is available on-site along with affiliated physicians of White Plains hospital including an Internist, Podiatrist, Social Worker, and Psychiatrist. The Hearthstone Program, located in a separate wing of the Esplanade, caters to residents with Alzheimer's and related disorders with special programs to foster daily living.