Atria On the Hudson - Ossining, NY

Unfortunately, it was not a good fit for our two elders, but I would move here in a heartbeat. Loved the way residents were treated, loved the beautiful common areas, loved the vast menu and option to eat pretty much any time.

One of my top choices!!

I have recently taken a tour of this community for my father and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff have been on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. It was actually one of my top choices out of all the different facilities I had looked at in this area. Everything was nicely maintained and they had a great staff selection.

We Are Happy With the Community

The experience has been good for all of the family. My mother-in-law is doing very well. The staff are good with the services provided and the community is kept clean. We have no complaints about the community and we are very happy with them.

My Mother is Doing Great in This Community

I'am comfortable with my mothers move to this community. She is doing great, and getting involved in some of the activities they offer. They have a good staff, and they have been proactive with helping her getting use to the routine around the community. When I come to visit her the community, and her room is well maintained. She is happy, and I'am satisfied with this community. It is a facility I would recommend to my family, and friends.

Atria on the Hudson is a fine facility

Very friendly and helpful. Made my father comfortable with the transition. Address concerns and needs promptly.
Very satisfied.

An Active and Friendly Atmosphere

As a family we like the community. They have a large schedule of activities, due to Dad's age and vision he is limited. The movie theater is too dark for him to walk out. He gets physical therapy and goes to religious services. Everyday he gets assistance and the care he needs. It's not perfect, sometimes he pushes the call button and it takes awhile. I like that it has a larger layout. You could go places within the community. The residents are friendly and caring and it is a lively and active atmosphere and everyone is mostly walking around.

High End Community, Very Pleased With My Mother's Respite Stay

I was very impressed with my mother's respite stay at this community. This is a beautiful community. Everything from the facility to the landscaping looks great. All of the staff was very helpful and accommodating. They really provided me with a peace of mind knowing my mother was safe and in good hands. They were great with her medication management. The residents were very friendly and welcoming. The meals were outstanding. The dining experience is just as if your at a restaurant, and they have a great chef. There are many resources available for the residents. They have plenty of activities, like exercise classes and high end entertainment. I couldn't had been any more pleased with all they had done for us. This is a very impressive community.

Beautiful Layout!!

The Atria On the Hudson was beautiful, there were vaulted ceilings in the main room and the place was very clean. The main area was laid out in a circle around the activity room. The staff was not very friendly. When i waled into the community the nurse at the front desk did not even look at me when i was talking. From the quick observation i was able to make the staff was not engaged with the residents which i did not like.

Kate Vance

Thanks for reaching out to tell me about your experience. If you'd like to schedule a tour to meet some of our residents and staff, we welcome you back at any time. I'd be happy to help set it up and can be reached at [removed].

It Doesn't Get Better Than This!

This is by far the best looking facility of its kind that I have ever seen, and I would encourage anyone who is thinking of relocation for themselves or a family member to see this particular residence first. I doubt if you will see anything to compare with it. From the excellent restaurant cuisine, to the gorgeous indoor pool, to the movie theater--yes, movie theater!--it would be hard not to imagine that you are in a five star lodge or on a luxury cruise ship. But here's the main reason that I am writing this particular review: the extraordinary actions of the executive staff that I have personally witnessed. Prior to visiting my elderly dad a few weeks ago, I called the facility, only to find that the head of the residence, Nicole, was manning the receptionist's phone. When I arrived, there she was, right behind the front desk. Something was obviously up. After asking about it, Nicole explained to me that one of her overnight workers had an emergency, so instead of burdening another hard working staff member to come in in the middle of the night, she came to the rescue herself. A service ethic like this speaks volumes for the kind of executive staff that this place has, and for the caliber of the management at this facility. As well, this type of dedication, compassion and a sense of responsibility sets an example for the entire staff, and I have seen these same qualities reflected in many of the workers here. No facility will take the place of one's home, but if you are in the position to have to seek out a residence for yourself or a loved one, you won't find better than this. I frankly feel blessed that my dad is in such a wonderful place.

Nice and bright

I got to take a tour of this community and I loved it. The staff answered all my questions and were very nice. The community was very very clean and bright. I would recommend them to friends and family.

Great place as long as you don't need extra care.

Atria is a lovely place to live. It is cheerful, full of activities,and a great place to live if you don't need care.There are not enough people to give the amount of care my Mom needs. Plan on getting outside help if that is your situation, if your loved one is in a wheelchair and needs extra attention. The food is acceptable, but you have to realize that you will have to wait for your meal.

Am hoping for a change soon.

Come back in a couple of weeks for another survey. I love this place, but my Mom's schedule is still not in place after two weeks.

Sucky place

My aunt has been living there for about five years. Sure we were excited at first because it was a fresh start for her and everything about the place was so beautiful. But don't be fooled by how the places looks, what goes on behind closed doors is what's utterly despicable. The care these residents pay for each month to live here is disgraceful because of what they get in return. Well for one, the dining room has terrible service. You have a bunch of teenagers working there that don't know their [removed]. They are lazy and have attitude problems. You ask them for a glass of water and it takes forever to get it. I was there a couple years back with my aunt eating lunch and this poor gentlemen ( a resident ) fell and he was on the floor I kid you not for about a good five minutes before any help attended to him. Then you see all the "high up " people that work in Atria just come walking in not even panicking. Like they didn't give two craps that he was on the floor. My aunt is no spring chicken, she obviously needs more care then most residents here. She's in dirty clothes when I see her and hasn't had a shower in god knows how long. I mean what the heck are these nurses doing ?? Then the lady that works up front , Betty I believe her name is. I come in the other night to visit and there she is stratching off a lotto ticket paying no mind to me at all. I was waiting for a pen to sign in because for some reason there never is one. I just walked away without even signing in. Obviously her lotto ticket was more important. Sure this place is absolutely beautiful but the service here is TERRIBLE. I would not reccomend this place. I believe it's about close to $10,000 to live here a month. Go somewhere else with the money and have a piece of mind for your loved one !

Katy Miller

Hi Suzanne,
Thank you for making us aware of these concerns as we value all types of feedback and depend on it to continually drive improvements to care and quality of life. I invite you to call [removed] and ask to speak to Nicole Segreti. As Executive Director and a leader in the community, she will be able to answer questions and work toward resolving any outstanding issues. You can also contact me any time at [removed].

Kind regards,

Kate

Perfect

Atria on the Hudson is above and beyond expectation. From my first visit and tour with Jennifer I knew this is where my mother would want to be. I toured 7-8 facilities in the area and researched over a dozen. Atria on the Hudson met or exceeded every requirement on my list. My mother has been there now for a few weeks...she is not only adjusting and doing well...but thriving and truly enjoying all that Atria has to offer.

Nice place, overall

I think they do a good job overall at Atria on the Hudson, our experience with them has been a positive one. The staff here is very caring, and they do a great job looking out for the residents. They've got a lot to offer in terms of services and amenities as well. I do think that their food could be improved, however.

Beautiful facility, lovely grounds with lots of outdoor walking/sitting areas; FULL calendar of diverse programming; generous policy providing rides to medical appts. across Westchester. Downsides: pricy, and one apt. we visited had prominent smell of stale urine (carpet not yet cleaned). Liked the integrated approach - assisted living with independent. Pet-friendly!

Kate Vance

Thank you for coming in for a tour of our community. We are happy to hear
all the things you loved and apologize for the unpleasant odor you mentioned and will make sure to pass your comments on to the appropriate directors to ensure it will not be an ongoing issue. We pride ourselves on meeting the high standards Atria sets for
all communities and feedback from our visitors plays a vital role in that effort. If you would like to discuss your visit in further detail or we can be of further service to your family, please contact us at [removed] and be sure
to include "Atria on the Hudson" in your subject line. We are here to help!

Atria was impressive in the...

Atria was impressive in their facilities and program. Doug Thomas took his time to review all of their capabilities and processes with us. We felt it would be a wonderful place for Mom but need to review the financial parameters.

I feel they over-promised and under-delivered.

I feel they over-promised and under-delivered. Responsiveness to individual circumstances could be improved, it's a large place but they projected that they would be very responsive. She has limited mobility and needs help and the aides are shared with other people and sometimes someone comes right away, sometimes it takes a while, and sometimes no one comes for her at all. I can't fault them in terms of their intentions, they try, but as people come to age in place they come in reasonably independent there comes a point where they will need more assistance. They have a nice range of options for activities. try to make sure there is something every day for entertainment, mental stimulation, and physical stimulation, so there is a nice range.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Every new resident receives an assessment when they move-in and periodically during his or her stay. These assessments help us tailor services to each resident’s unique needs. We would like to discuss your concerns in more detail to make sure there is no confusion in level of care needed. Please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

We're very happy with them

We're very happy with them. The care that is offered is very good, but when you have a higher level of care then you have to pay more it can cost up to another 4000 a month. My parents are not pleased with the activities they are more geared towards women without much variety. The food is good but the service in the dining room is not so great, everyone complains about how long you have to wait. The rooms are clean and they do the laundry. I wish there was more help with acclimating them to the environment in the begining. The family can eat with the residents in the dining hall, which is nice.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you are pleased but would like to make sure that your parents are as well. We will be sure to share your review with the appropriate people to ensure that Atria standards are being met and that our residents are enjoying their time and receiving the services and assistance they deserve. We appreciate your feedback and welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Please contact us at [removed] (be sure to include the community name in the subject line.)

Next to Catholic Church

This community is located right next door to a Catholic Church so our loved one really liked that. It is also located close to family so it provides convenience when visiting.

This place was wonderful lo...

This place was wonderful loved it, and so did my brother. The only thing was that it was really expensive and aren't sure about the finances yet.

good location, but also very expensive

good location, but also very expensive

Met with Exec. Dir. Great meeting an...

Met with Exec. Dir. Great meeting and extensive tour - beautiful place, nice people.

Fabulous. At the Crotonville exit. Ve...

Fabulous. At the Crotonville exit. Very warm - zen feeling. There will be activity outside of the window. Lots of natural light. Opens this week so lots of working out the kinks of a new system is my guess. But - i really liked it. DownSide - no nursing care. If mom needs nursing care we have to go to a nursing home. So a change. But a fantastic program for activities. And they will work with mom to set a personalized plan for her.

Welcome to Atria on the Hudson, the next generation in thoughtful, purposeful community living for seniors. It’s much more than a place to live; it’s a safe, inviting community to call home. Atria on the Hudson is the newly renovated fourth member of the Atria family in Westchester County – which includes Briarcliff Manor, Rye Brook and The Woodlands. Nestled against a wooded backdrop and overlooking the Hudson River, Atria on the Hudson nurtures the mind and body with the newest innovations in sustainable luxury senior living. We offer a lifestyle of health and wellness in a serene setting. This is a place for embracing exactly where you are in life and for enjoying every moment of it.