The Esplanade at Palisades - Palisades, NY

Great Place

I have only been here a little over a month here at The Esplanade at Palisades. It is very clean and I have no complaints. I recently let them know my carpet needed cleaning and they came right out and cleaned it. They provide three meals a day. The food is good. The staff is friendly and helpful. They offer activities so we can get out of our rooms and socialize. There is transportation to go grocery shopping. I'm new here so I don't everything that they have to offer. This community was recommended to me. The residents are friendly and I'm meeting new people all the time. It is a great place, you have your own room, treats and snacks at night, it is a great community.

review ofEsplanade

I find the place great. The food is good, the activities interesting and the aides are very good. I am glad that I am here.

Wonderful Staff, Father is Well

I'am satisfied with my fathers move to this community, and he is doing well. They have a wonderful staff, and I know he is in good hands. The community is nice, and clean when I visit. He has gotten involved in some of the activities they have available. He is pleased with meals. I know he is safe, and everything is working out well since his move to this community. It is a facility I would recommend to friends.

Esplanade House was lovely and looks like a wonderful place for a senior to live. I plan to take my mother to visit very soon. I think she would be very happy there. It is clean and tastefully decorated. There are so many various activities and the grounds are beautiful. Rosemarie took a lot of time showing me around and explaining the facility. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit.

Sticky Fingers

My dad stayed there for a few months. He liked the people but hated the food. General staff was nice. Upper management is nice, when you are paying. My dad was hospitalized and left the facility but his things were still there. His phone and passport were stolen, with phone calls made to the Dominican Republic. Who knows what else "went missing". Workers have keys and can enter at will. I called the manager, Marvin, and he promised to follow up, which he didn't. Two letters later with no response. Cowardly, if you ask me. And foolish, too, because of social sites like this. I reported the theft to the police. Beware if your loved one has anything of value. There's a chance it will be stolen. And if your loved one is hospitalized, go over right away and gather up their valuables because they may disappear.

The staff could be more friendly

I think overall care is fine, but they can definitely improve in the quality of activities and getting the residents involved. If they plan an activity and no one shows up, the staff does not seem to care. The staff could be more friendly.

My father could not be happier!!! Staff, accommodations, food, and service ....wonderful!!!!!!!

Review of Esplanade in Palisades, NY

My uncle lived here for over a year. The facility is immaculate. Food is good. There are tons of entertainment opportunities. The best thing about The Esplanade is the caring and loving staff. I would recommend if without hesitation.

As a resident of THE ESPLANADE AT PALISADES, I recommend this community. The staff is warm, caring and dedicated to the resident's needs. I find the food wholesome and well prepared. Our apartments are clean and well maintained. All the entertainment programs are very enlightening and enjoyable. The Esplanade at Palisades is a noteworthy place to live for seniors.

I appreciate living at The Esplanade at Palisades because of my ability to remain independent and yet when I need assistance I am able to receive it. I love that if I don't feel like going to the dining room for meals, I can have my meals delivered to me. I can also enjoy meals with my friends and family in the atmosphere of the Country kitchen. I am in control of the heating & air conditioning in my apartment. The ease of shopping, housekeeping and being driven to my doctor's appointments is a great service to me. Entertainment is available. Being an electrical engineer, I enjoy the cerebral/lecture activities offered. All the employees here are pleasant and cheerful.

Great place , horrible food!

Best caring loving staff. Lovely people.
The food is horrible. Most people agree. Management will not address it. Even the staff hates it! I could not eat it.
It is a trade off for a loving safe place.

We could not be happier that mom is here!

Mom has been here for 2 months now and she "has no complaints". And why should she, this is like an all inclusive resort for seniors. Put a pool and tennis court out back and I would move in.

The staff is amazingly warm, helpful and responsive. The facility is kept spotless. The food as mom says "is very good here", and mom loves good food. Her only negative comment is "the chicken soup could use more chicken". If that's mom's only complaint about the food then you know it's good as is the dining room service.

Compared to other similar places we looked at the Esplanade at Palisades is an amazing value.

Too sonn to rate

Too soon to fully rate this facility, but so far, so good. My uncle has been there less than two months.

Nice on the outside but the...

Nice on the outside but they are not caring and not suitable for anyone. Call me I will explain [removed]

The Esplanade at Palisades is a beautiful and affordable senior community located on a lovely 22 acre campus in Rockland County. We are in close proximity to New York City, Bergen and Westchester Counties. Our newly renovated community offers a broad continuum of care with services for Independent, Assistive and Alzheimer/Dementia needs. Here, residents can retain their independence and privacy while also enjoying the peace of mind that comes with 24-hour services available to them. Community features include a wellness center, auditorium/theater room, library with internet access, a beautiful dining room, beauty salon, art studio, sunny patios, and many more amenities. We recognize that our residents have individual preferences and care requirements. Our programs and personalized services enable residents to maintain an active lifestyle among friends.