The Courtyards at Knoxville - The Gardens - Knoxville, TN

The whole place was nice!

When we toured The courtyards at Parkway, we really liked the end of life program. The place was also very sanitary and everyone that we came into contact with was very nice and helpful. It was a great option.

mom liked it

They were really good to my mother. Unfortunately she is too far gone to participate in any of the activities or anything like that, but she liked it and I was pleased. It was a very clean and nice place with excellent friendly helpful staff. I would recommend The Courtyards at Parkway.

My feelings

When you enter the Courtyard Garden, you can feel the warmth and love your loved ones will receive . The staff has always made me feel like this was as much my home as my Mother's anytime of the day I am welcomed to visit or stay with her all day. Always keeping me informed to her needs and health related issues that might arise . I like that it is a small resident community, It feels more like your families home than a assisted living facility . Mom calls it home and so do I . I looked at several community before we chose The Courtyards and not one of them could compare for our needs. Find out for yourself, best of luck.

Really friendly, caring staff

The friendliness is a 6 if I could give it to them.

They have activities all during the day for the residents. I usually stop by in the evening after work. By this time, everyone is pretty tired. So that could be a reason the participation level is down on activities. The staff does their best with activites in the evenings and they try to include everyone. They play bingo, listen to music, work puzzles, play games, and color.
The Courtyards will celebrate one of the residents each month. They get a sign to hang on their door designating them as Resident of the Month. During that month, there is one day set aside to celebrate "the resident." They get their favorite meal served on that day and they have cake -- so it's almost like a birthday party! The staff also displays a bio of the resident so other people can get to know that person.
The Courtyards is smaller. 18 people is their max per building. The main living room at West Parkway is a huge sun room full of windows and floods of light. It's very open and airy. That opens into the dining room.
They don't have a very large area for the residents to go outside and it may not be completely secure for the wandering resident. That's the only thing I have found lacking.

Overall I could not ask for better, more caring hands for my Mom.

Too formal for my taste

He didn't like it at all, this was early on in the process and he understood that we were moving in this direction and he was putting his feet down very hard. I found it a little too formal, a little too cold, but that's my specific personality type.

At The Courtyards, our mission is your loved one's comfort and convenience 24-hours a day. Every community is designed for ease, safety, community, community involvement, and personalization.Enjoy private or shared suites, ready for your personal furnishings.
Relax knowing support is close by, every room is equipped with a personal emergency response system.Keep up to date with family, friends, popular TV programs, and support teams with common area Phones and Cable TV.