Clarendale of Mokena - Mokena, IL

Nice Visit

The people were very pleasant when I came to visit. They keep in touch with me regularly. They’ve been very good to me. They showed me the entire place and were very good at not rushing. They were also very informative about the activities. i appreciate the time they took to give me a tour of the place.

We Picked the Right Spot!

We Picked the right spot for our mother. Our family is 100% satisfied with the care she receives. The nurses and caregivers are fabulous. Everyone in the building is very accommodating and compassionate. We really like how they communicate with our family and keep us in the loop of what's going on- from care, activities, events, and even daily menu options. Our family highly recommends Clarendale of Mokena.

Would recommend this community to a friend

My grandmother has been staying here for a while now, and she loves it! Every time I visit her, the staff is always very kind. If we ever have an issue or need special assistance, the workers are always diligent to accommodate us and help us the best they can. I love the community and would definitely recommend it to a friend!

Tour

I came for a tour recently and I'm impressed with the cleanliness of the facility. I love how open the fine dinning room is,
and the apartment we toured looks comfortable and cozy. A place I would feel good about my parents living there.

I Love Clarendale of Mokena

I love Clarendale of Mokena. My grandmother lives here. She is very happy that she decided to move to this location. The staff here makes everyone feels at home. You get that family feeling when you walk in the door. The connections that are built here are amazing. The apartments and the building are beautiful. The food is tasty. There are several meal options. I would highly recommend Clarendale of Mokena!

Happy at Clarendale

My Mom has lived at Clarendale for the past 18 months. During that time she has moved from assisted living to the memory care unit. The attention to personal assistance and care in both the Assisted and Memory Care Units are what I consider hallmarks of the personnel at Clarendale. The individualized food service is another highlight for both the residents and families who visit loved ones at Clarendale. We could not be happier with the cost, cleanliness, and individual care that my Mom receives at Clarendale.

No place like home.

Although a tad bit expensive, it is worth it. Fine facility! Clean, delicious food, helpful and knowledgeable staff. The apts. are clean, fresh and new. The day trips are very enjoyable. All in all a fine place!

I like living here. Once in a while I may not like something but not often.
Fellow room mates are very friendly. Workers are very helpful and friendly.

There is not enough diversity at this facility my parents would not be comfortable as residents here.

My move in experience was wonderful. I love it here.

A good visit

This seemed like a nice clean community when we visited. The staff we met were nice. They seem to offer many nice amenities. This community does have multiple floor levels and we felt this would not work for our loved one.

Mom broke her back and needed help after the hospital. She stayed for 3 months during a recovery and decided to stay long term by her choice. She is 83 and not lonely now.

Disappointing for the long haul

Clarendale is big on promises when visiting and considering residency. Unfortunately, they fail to deliver once you've arrived. They seem to have a very high turnover of employees. Those who work their do not seem to communicate with each other. We constantly get conflicting calls from the facility. It's been a frustrating experience. We had high hopes, but they seem unable to get their act together.

Sandy Pennington

Thank you for providing us with this valuable feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to have a discussion so that we can better understand and address the concerns. Please feel free to contact us by calling our direct line at [removed] and requesting Bobbi Kelley, Executive Director. Your feedback is important so that we can meet and exceed expectations.

Comfort for dad!!

So far, we are happy with the care that my father is receiving at Clarendale. The place is beautiful and the food is great. The main problems are communication and stimulation. I do not have anything to compare it to and I do not want to sound negative in any way, but I wish they had more activities that were stimulating. I am not there 24/7 so maybe they do and I just have not seen them.The staff there have been great, they tend to my father's needs and take good care of him, it's a newer facility that's only been open for a couple of years.

Not lonely

Mother had a hard time leaving her house, especially because we didn't feel she could bring the dog (take care of her by herself). The community has a small dog, which helped a lot. Mother loves that little dog. Happy with our choice for many reasons.

Sandy Pennington

Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Susan. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet!

My mom lives here

Mom is 85 and moved here after a sudden illness where she could not live at home alone any longer. She came on a trial stay for a month and never left! It gives me a peace of mind knowing she is safe and that I can be "just the daughter" and not a caregiver! I love her to pieces and happy she is at Clarendale. They are not perfect, but done of the places are! You get what you pay for. We pay a fair price and get excellent feedback and have a caring team assisting my mom. The changes they have made in the past two months definitely helped in making our decision for her to stay here. GOOD JOB - team Clarendale!

Sandy Pennington

Thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with Clarendale of Mokena. We always love to receive great feedback!

Satisfied with My Dad Respite Stay

My father had a pretty good respite stay experience here at this community. I was satisfied with his stay at this community. I know he was safe, and good hands. They have good staff. They kept me up to date on information about my father. It was a nice experience, but I would say their rates are expensive.

Sandy Pennington

Thanks for the feedback! We strive to provide excellent service to our customers at Clarendale of Mokena.

Things are going well...

MY mother is adjusting well to the community. The place is clean and she is comfortable. She has been joining in a lot of activities and seems to be really enjoying it. It has been a good experience so far.

Sandra Pennington

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Ensuring the satisfaction of all residents is our goal. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to provide the best resident experience each and every day.

I Liked The Tour

This is a very nice community and had a good tour. They showed me the activities area but I was confused where we ended up. The residents ate on one floor and the rooms were on another floor. I did not like the idea of moving floor to floor. I liked it a lot and the people were nice and kind but it was very large and I thought it would be overwhelming for my dad.

Great Experience

Overall my mother had a good respite stay experience here at this community. This is a lovely community, they do a very good job with keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is great, they are very caring and helpful. I know she was safe and in good hands. Everything went well and I would recommend it.

Sandy Pennington

Thanks for leaving us this response! We always love to receive great feedback!

Terrific Place!

Clarendale of Mokena has been providing exceptional services to my mother. She likes her meals they have good taste to them and the portions are good. My mother has been engaging in the activities that they offer she really seems to enjoy them. Staff that help out are nice and communicate very well with my loved one and the family.

A little more expensive!!

The rooms were smaller at this community. The community is clean. The person that conducted the tour did seem pushy and I could not get my questions answered. They also have different levels of care and the price increases as the levels of care change.

The Tour I Had Here

The tour I had was nice. The community was nice and clean. There was nice interaction. I was not offered a complimentary meal to sample the meals. I was able to get all the community information.

The Clarendale of Mokena seems to be a great place. A very large,well organized facility with beautiful decor. I enjoyed the tour with Bridget who is a very friendly and informative person.

Horrible

Between the menu changes, undercooked food at every meal and lack of support at the upper nursing DON and management level this place is the worse! Mom can't get a meal fully cooked and calls nightly with a complaint about food and more. First I thought it was just due to the adjustment period but after months I stopped in and saw first hand, we pulled her out ASAP!

Attention!!!!

Poorly managed! Do not put your loved one here! Staff turn over rate is high full turn over of staff nurses alone is sad went through 2 to 3 full staffing changes since facility opened! Staff and mangment are not on same page when mom move in, no one really knows what is going on! No activities for memory care, aide are doing everything with residences and it is all looks no nothing more! Nurses are good when they start, but they don't stay! Ratios are too high, one nurse for 2 or 3 floors or no nurse on site at all! They say 24 hour nursing, not true mom dint get morning med til noon cause no nurse and director won't pass and she is a RN! No nurses would come in now it's all agency in there not stable at all. Not safe for your loved one, look elsewhere, keep your family safe, Mom moved out quickly, never again be aware!

I would recommend this community!!

My Brother in law is doing well at Clarendale of Mokena. The community is very clean and the staff are friendly and very interactive with the residents. I have not had a chance to try the food.

They have been pretty good so far.

They have been pretty good so far. I really like that they have a lot of activities, and they keep the memory care people really busy. I think because they are new I would like to see a little more continuity with the staff. I feel like they are working towards that now.

Flashy looks with no substance.

Our Mother moved in Fall, 2015. When movers arrived at her apartment, it wasn't clean and the model furniture had not been moved out. Things haven't gotten much better, there is no disaster plan in place at this facility. When the weather got bad, she went to my sisters house because she didn't know what she would do. There hasn't been any discussion with the residents as to what they can do in case of a tornado. The food service is extremely poor, they have now switched to some kind of restaurant menu with 2 slices of ham and fries costing $14.00. The one meal my Mother ordered was stuffed peppers and the meat was raw when brought out, not to mention she waited over an hour for service. Lights are out in her apartment and she can't get them fixed. I wouldn't recommend putting a family member in this facility.

Memory Care

We have now switched to home care but my husband was at Clarendale for a little while in the memory care unit but he did end up needing more care then they were able to provide. It was a very bling out place looked very nice and clean. I would say to anyone thinking of moving here just make sure you know the level of care your loved one needs because this place doesn't care for people with advance memory problems.

nightmare at clarendale of Mokena

After a lengthy round table meeting where my 93 yr.old mothers conditions were reviewed she was accepted into the assisted living program.She moved in Thanksgiving week. No heat in her apt until 9:30 pm. The next day the Nursing Staff overdosed my mother causing her to be rushed to Silver Cross Hospital.The Friday after Thanksgiving about 7:30pm the director called and demanded I remove my mother from the facility. He directed his nurses to stop administering medications ,they simply handed me a bag with pills and insulin. I moved my mom out on Sunday. Happy to report she is thriving at another assisted living facility. If you or your loved one needs any medical management this facility is not for you.

Went with another community

Although I'm sure this facility was very nice, we decided to go with another retirement community.

Very Nice Place

I think that the facility is very nice, there just needs to be more going on. I don't know what it is but I think there needs to be more activity, more life. I have been surprised at how many growing pains the facility upon opening. I thought there would be things flowing a little smoother. The staff workers have been wonderful though; very receptive and responsive.