Brookdale Orland Park - Orland Park, IL

Brookdale Orland Park - Orland Park, IL has yet not published prices.

Affordable care but lack of attention to detail

This facility has been below what I’ve expected. I feel like some of the extra services I am paying for, I’m not really receiving. I’m paying for the facility to keep a closer eye on my Mother and I’ve noticed that sometimes she goes a few days without changing her clothes. I just think they’re not on top of things like they should be. There is also a medication my mom needs to take right before she falls asleep and the staff is supposed to give it to her. Unfortunately, I find a lot of the pills lying around in her bedroom. However, the facility is very nice and accommodating.

My mom's husband seems to be doing ok from what we understand. His mental state makes it difficult to judge anything. He is not willing to participate in any activities whether being encouraged or not. The staff here is friendly very caring and accommodating to the needs of the residents and their families. The community is very clean and well maintained.

Very Accomidating

My dad was at the Brookdale Orland Park for a short time. But it was a very good experience. The staff was wonderful and they were so accommodating, even after he was to be released from the hospital they tried to help us bring him back but his care needs had exceeded the care that they could provide. They took very good care of him and his needs, it was a very clean and well-kept environment. I would highly recommend Brookdale Orland Park to friends and family.

Excellent Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my mother since she made the move into this community. I am comfortable with the care the staff have been providing and could have not picked a better group of people to take care of her. The property is always very well maintained and they help my mom keep her room nice a clean for her. Overall we are very happy and would recommend it to anyone.

Very Good Tour

I had a very good tour of this community. Everyone was polite, and cordial. The community was very well maintained. There were many factors that played into where to move my love one for her needs. I did find another community that suited our needs better, but my tour of this community with very well.

I was not impressed

This community was not on par with the other communities we looked at. I did not get a good feeling when I visited. It felt institutional and I did not get a homey feeling. The community did seem clean and the staff I met were kind.

It Felt Like the Best Fit For Their Needs

Both my parents are in living in the community and my mom is very happy. It has been a better fit for them. I am happy with the staff and I talk to them daily. The community is close to me and I felt they were more equipped to take care of my dad's needs. They like the food that is served here. They have been having some trouble for residents who are calling for staff. However, they are getting a new system with pendants. I saw them installing it the other day, hopefully that will bring more promptness.

Comfort for mom!!

I would absolutely recommend Brookdale Orland Park because the nurse's aides have been great. They are conscientious and caring. The facility is clean and in good shape. It has been a positive experience so far since my mother moved in.

Good Community Tour went well

I had a good experience during my tour of this community. The staff was nice, courteous to my family, and myself. The community was clean, and well maintained. All went well, and I didn't have any problems during my tour of this community.

The Brookdale in Orland Park was a blessing to my family in a time of great difficulty.
I could not recommend anyone more highly and I thank them for what they did and continue to do for my family.

Parts of the facilities had odors, residents in common area smelled, room was very small.

Still adjusting!

My loved one just recently moved into the Brookdale so it is still the adjustment period. We are still getting the feel for the place. The meals so far are okay, There is a lack of communication that I hope will get better as time goes on. Other than that, things are going well so far.

Pleasant Tour

i toured this community for my father, and his needs. It was a nice tour, everything went well. The community from what I saw looked well maintained. The staff I came across was nice, and friendly. It was a nice experience, everyone was kind to my family and I.

Accommodating Staff!!

My mother has been at this community for a little less than a month now and so far things have been going okay for her. There was a few bumps in the road here and there but everything has been resolved and my mom seems to be content. My mother also does not like to do activities so I thought it was pretty neat that the staff had created little jobs and different things for her to do around the building to keep her busy and out of her room. All in all everything is going fine and I am pleased with the services from this place.

Still adjusting...

It has been an adjustment for my mother since her move into the Brookdale. When we first looked into moving her in, they had told us that the transportation within a 15-mile radius was included, but once we gave them a list, they said it was not covered. Also, they have had some problems with the food running out, like bread and peanut butter.

They had limited availability in memory care area, the rooms they did have we did not like the configuration, and they were too small. It seemed nice, but not a right fit for our Aunt. This facility is off our list.

Informative

I toured this community for my father in law and his needs. It is a nice community, and everything is went well. Our tour guide was sweet and informative. She answered all our questions. They have nice activities for the residents. It was really a good experience.

I'd give 6 stars if I could!!

Everyone is so nice and accommodating at this community. My uncle is just happy he has a nice little apartment and the atmosphere feels like a hotel. This gives him comfort, he doesn't feel like people treating him differently. He gets testy sometimes and they deal with him well. The meals are good, when I was there with him it was ironic he was having lunch which is their big meal and he had grilled salmon it smelled so good I wanted to steal it off his plate. I have nothing negative to say about them when I call everyone is good about returning calls and explaining things to me. They have activities where he can go on trips. The pricing is good, it's in between other places we looked at.

My thoughts!

I only took a tour of this community, however it did not seem as clean as the community we chose. The staff I met with were nice and they seemed to be an active community.

Pleasant Tour

We had a pleasant tour of this community. The staff was kind and friendly. From what I saw the community appeared to be well maintained. Everything was nice and clean. It was a nice experience.

My Visit To The Community!!

The tour of this community was nice. The staff were nice and the community seemed clean. They were getting ready to remodel and this was not the right environment for my dad.

Friendly Staff!!

The staff at this community is extremely friendly to my loved one, they have made sure she is comfortable and feels safe in her new living environment. She has no complaints about the food they serve and really enjoys the activities they offer throughout the week as well as the company of the other residents.

A good community!

The staff are nice and they take good care of my mom. She likes the food. The community is clean and well taken care of. They encourage her to participate in the daily activities. I would recommend this community.

Good Place

Very good tour. Everything went very well. Everybody was very nice and kind. This is a lovely community with kind people.

Need Better Communication!!

I would really like for the staff to have better communication with the family regarding my loved ones health and how they are doing through out the day. The staff doesn't really try to encourage my loved ones to participate in activities leaving them with nothing to really do. If my loved ones engaged in something they liked they would be more active. The meals have been okay and the cleanliness of the community is fine.

Great Comfort!!

The staff was very encouraging to the residents when it came to activities. My friend did not participate in the activities but it was greatly appreciated that the staff tried. One of the things that was enjoyed very much by him were the meals they had a good taste and were well presented. The community was kept organized and clean. Overall, i would definitely recommend Brookdale Orland Park.

Very nice place

I think Brookdale Orland Park is a very nice place, overall. The people here are friendly, and they do a good job looking after the residents. The facility is clean and well kept, and they've got a good variety of activities to keep everyone entertained. We're very satisfied with our choice!

Nothing But Praises

Since moving to the Brookdale facility, my loved one is now exercising and participates in the activities. The place is phenomenal. I have zero complaints about the place. The staff is great and what I hear the food is great. I have nothing but praises for them.

Just Needs Some Updates

The Brookdale Orland Park facility needed to be a little updated; like the front doors need to be fixed. It is just that the building in some spots showed it's age a little, but otherwise it was not a bad place.

satisfied with everything

I am satisfied with everything overall at Brookdale Orland Park. It is a great facility. It is clean. The staff is friendly. I give it all 5 stars.

Very Helpful

The sales manager at Brookdale Orland Park was very helpful and accommodating and he put the furniture in the room for my mother and made sure she was doing well when she first got there, so he was very helpful.

Needs Improvement on Staffing

I think that they need to work on the staff friendliness a little bit more. Also there could be more a variety of activities for the residents to do. The staff there seem to be a little unorganized as well.

Brookdale Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to continuous quality service and care and will share your feedback with our management team.

Pretty good so far!

My mom started living there recently, so far it has gone well and the staff does great!

Terrible

I think the Brookdale Orland Park is terrible. My mother fell a couple of times. They need to improve on their care services and monitoring. If you can take care of yourself then I think this would be a good place. If you need assistance then I would not recommend this place. The facility itself is clean and nice. They could improve on their friendliness. I can't rate the value or the activities because it is not applicable.

safe caring place

My step mother is the one living there and she has only been in there for a couple weeks now and I have only made two visits there since she moved in. So my experience is a little bit limited, but thus far things have been good. We believed after doing a lot of research that Brookdale Orland Park would be the best place for her, and I believe that it is. She is very safe and protected, and the staff there is extremely caring and friendly.

On the down side, she is in a memory care unit and it does seem that things are a little messy and the activities and such are just kind of piled up and thrown together haphazardly. That is just my own personal opinion and observation though, and is not a major issue.

They could also improve a little on their communication. I am one of several children involved and it seems like nobody really knows who to talk to. We would like to know on a weekly basis how she is doing.

Those are a couple areas to improve, but again overall things have gone very well with Brookdale Orland Park.

Took a tour with Allan who informed me in details of costs. The community seemed cleaned and well maintained. I did not like the fact that the kitchenette did not have a sink and only offered a small section of counter space but that would be taken up if a microwave was placed on top. Small refrigerator only. They do offer different types of accommodations depending how much you can afford.

I think they are doing really good.

I think they are doing really good. I don't think he wants to be happy anywhere. He does say of all the places he could be, this is the best. It's clean and the staff is friendly. There really aren't any concerns, though I have heard the food can be cold from time to time.

Comparable cost, bland food, need better move in coordination

They switched our the point person in the middle of moving in, and that made it harder. It was hard to connect to a new person to work with.

Care services aren't applicable.

My mother in law chose the place based partly on the cost.

They could do better on their food. It's very generic and bland.

Emeritus at Orland Park: It's been a...

Emeritus at Orland Park:
It's been a rocky road for us, but things have improved. I feel at first, we had a hard time with the transition, a lot of it, due to my mom trying to adjust. I felt like it was a delicate game between family and facility. I feel you definitely operate better when you develop a relationship and both sides work together. My mom's needs are being met, it's a good facility. They've worked with us very well. The majority of the caregivers my mom has, she has a good relationship with and the nursing staff is exceptional.

Very nice facility. Rooms w...

Very nice facility. Rooms were of a good size. Bathrooms were good sized. Nice patio with an attached vegetable garden. Large dining area with an associated TV room and what looked like a library also with a TV. There was a dog to greet you at the door.

Friendly staff and reasonable prices

Things have gone well here so far. The staff have all been very friendly, and they do a great job taking care of my loved one. They're also very reasonably priced compared to others in the area (and compared to what they used to be)

Clean, very nice environmen...

Clean, very nice environment. Residents seemed happy and engaged. Cara didi a great job presenting and was very honest and upfront. Saw studio apt, 1 BR, and 1 BR shared. Level of care determined at initial eval and every 6 mo re eval. Dining is very flexible, 1 sitting time. Church services weekly, activities daily.

I did not care for the unit...

I did not care for the units, there were no sinks. It is also to far south for both my brother and myself.

It seemed nice and the staff was very caring.

It seemed nice and the staff was very caring. We liked them, but it was more expensive than another one we were looking at.

Emeritus at Orland Park

My Dad, sister and I had to find a Memory Care Unit for Mom and only had one day in which to complete this task. When we walked into Emeritus, we were greeted by friendly staff and even the residents said Hi to us. We found the Community to be very clean. We met with Jacinta Johnson, the Memory Care Director, She was very friendly, informative and took the time to answer all of our questions. She took us on a tour of the Memory Care Unit and explained everything in great detail. We met the nurse on duty and some of the care givers. They were all friendly and answered all of our questions. The next day, we met Tina Mitchell, Executive Director. She went over all of the papers we had to sign and answered even more of our questions in great detail. We found Emeritus to be the best place for Mom. We know she will be very well taken care of. There is also a lot of activities for the residents to join in if they choose.

Do Not send your loved one to this so called Memory Care Unit

This place is very understaffed and the staff in the memory care unit has not been well trained at all. My mother was in this facility for 4 months and I took her out after issues with mismanaged medication caused multiple falls. My mother ended up with 2 broken ribs because she was left unattended after given a sleeping pill at 6:30 in the evening! There is no nurse on staff after 8pm, so she could not even get so much as a Tylenol for her pain at night. They cannot handle anyone who has moderate to advanced dementia! I felt my mother was left alone and neglected most of the time. Horrible facility! Stay away!

Welcoming

When you first walk in you are greeted with a very cozy room that makes you feel like your in some ones family room. Very clean and well kept. The staff that we have met so far have been very helpful in getting our father settled and getting him involved with daily activities. There is a lot of daily things to do and keep them busy if they choose to do so. The meals have been wonderful, and if your loved one has special dietary needs they will work to ensure that is met.

Didn't Feel Right

It was OK, it just didn't feel as good. The available room was on the second floor where the memory residents were, and my mom wasn't part of that. The building wasn't as clean or as well kept. It would have been OK, but I preferred where she is now.

Didn't Feel Homey

There was no familiarity there. I didn't feel like you were at a home. It felt like you were staying at hotel. The way a hotel is set up is like you're living with strangers, so the doors are far apart and things like that so there is a detachment from a community environment, I thought. The head nurse there didn't even know where the rooms were. She couldn't find the room we were supposed to be looking at so that was a little worrisome.

Wasn't very homey, more corporate

It was cookie cutter. It seemed to be very corporate and not as friendly. I mean, it was nice, but if you had to sit there and pinpoint to say something good or bad about it, you wouldn't find much bad, but you would find it indifferent to good. It was clean, but the furniture seemed a little outdated, it was eclectic, but it wasn't warm and friendly, it just kind of looked thrown together. The young lady that gave me the tour wasn't the person that was supposed to because we came at off-hours (something we were trying to do). She took the time to give me the tour, but it wasn't her deal.

I would definitely recommend it!

My mom hasn't been there very long but it's going very well so far. The girls are wonderful, they really are. I think it's expensive although my mother really likes it. Sometimes she rings the buzzer and no one came for a little while and I know that's going to be the same anywhere. There is never going to be one on one care and with out that you're always going to have to wait. I understand that and I think my mother is starting to understand that when she needs to go to the bathroom she needs to ring the buzzer earlier.

The people could not be any nicer. They have a lot of activities and a lot of the people seem to participate in them. They have a beauty shop on site and she likes that. They're very good about keeping me updated and arranging physical therapy for her there. There is a doctor that comes in to see her too. They do provide free transportation too.

I'm really pleased with the place. Everything's been good so far. It's like visiting a hotel. It's very clean and there is never a smell. Her room is well maintained.

Very disappointed

Overall, I'm disappointed. One reason we went there was that it was less expensive and the appearance looked so much better thatn another place we were looking at. When I spoke with them they gave me a different impression than what is actually happening.

I don't mean to be critical but I've spoken to other people that feel the same way. They are understaffed and there is no nurse after 8pm. My impression was that there was someone there 24/7. If something happens then the security guard would have to call 911.

We're having an issue with my mother getting a shower twice a day. The people in charge don't stay on top of things. the activities director is very nice but he's also the chauffeur if someone has a doctors appointment. The seniors are waiting for something to happen they're looking forward to it and then it gets cancelled because someone had a doctor's appointment. They need to hire another person to do that.

Things are getting a little bit better but I think it's just becasue they see me. They are cordial but you get the sense that I expect too much from them. I'm looking at other places for the future to be perfectly honest.

Stay Away if You Have Complex Medical Care

My mother had rather complex medical needs, but the staff at Emeritus assured us repeatedly that they could handle her needs. On her first night there she had a hypo-glycemic episode. They tried to feed her, but did little to raise her blood sugar to an acceptable level. They did not think to give her sugary fruits, juices or regular soda. On the second night she had another episode, but it was handled slightly better. On the third night she fell out of bed and was hung up on the wheelchair that a staff member had placed there on the premise that it would keep her from falling out of the bed (she was a known fall risk). She was brought to the hospital for her injuries and kept because she had a UTI and was dehydrated. My mother passed away that evening of unrelated causes.

The facility is beautiful and the staff very friendly. However, the nursing staff was inept and had me concerned from the first day. I would not recommend the Emeritus to anyone with serious medical conditions or more than minor care needs.

No 1bed available

It was a very nice community. The staff was really friendly and very helpful. They were very accommodating. The care they offer was comparable to other communities in the area. They were one of our top two communities but did not have availability for a 1 bedroom apartment immediately.

Accommodating

I visited this community and had previously visited a couple dozen communities. The activities and the care services they offer here are pretty much the same as other communities but the price here was more reasonable. They are very good at negotiating prices and really try to help out to make it work for you. One thing that they did mention that no other community did is they were setting up a Skype workstation so that residents could talk to friends or family, which is a really good perk if you are out of the immediate area and are not able to drive and visit often.

Mom may be going there for a month (r...

Mom may be going there for a month (respite care) to see if she would like to stay there.

Very nice facility. Seemed to be pre...

Very nice facility. Seemed to be pretty affordable.

Most impressive facility we've visited.

Most impressive facility we've visited.

Brookdale at Orland Park provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our memory care neighborhood offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brookdale at Orland Park can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.