Very nice place!

I toured Marley Oaks while looking into care options for a loved one, and I thought it was a very nice looking place. It's a smaller residential facility, and it has a comfortable homey feel. I also really like the staff to resident ration, and the fact that they have CNAs on staff. It didn't end up working out for us, but I would definitely recommend them as being worth a look!

Marley Oaks Assisted Living Best in the Midwest

My 94 year old Mother has been a resident of Marley Oaks for a year. She lived in a larger assisted living place for 4 years. I was on a waiting list for 6 months at Marley Oaks and ever so Thankful when Dawn Senesac, the wonderful Administrator called me when an opening arrived and my Mom moved in. She is now 1 of 10 residents instead of 1 of many. The quality of her care. the wonderful caring staff, the cleanliness, the delicious meals and to top it off, the cost is so much better with my Mom's limited income.
When my Mom moved in she said she felt as if she were living in a Mansion. She is very loved and happy here.
I live in California and I know she is getting the best care and I don't have to worry about her.
You would be lucky to have your love one live here,

A home away from Home

When it was time to find a Assisted Living Facility for my husbands 96 yr old father we were very careful in the search for where we wanted him to live. We were hoping to find somewhere close to our home to make visiting him more convenient.
We had heard so many things about some places so we were very apprehensive in our selection. After visiting at least 13 various locations around our locale we realized that our hunt for the best fit for all of us was not going to be a quick one...until a close friend told us about Marley Oaks in Mokena.
The first thing we noticed when visiting the first time was the home-like feel to it. Not the usual large, many floored, concrete building, with fancy Chandeliers or marble counter tops. All those unecessary blings you pay extra for. Just "eye candy" for visual appeal. But a converted small, brick and frame ranch home with a large addition that contained at least 10 individual private rooms with bathrooms. Set back in a quiet wooded area behind a small white framed church, called Marley Church. This is the congregation that built the facility, maintains and runs it today.

From the portico in front you enter the facility through a large sunroom where the ocassional game of Bingo is played. The cozy living room is nicely furnished, complete with fish tank, and has a fireplace to sit by if you are so inclined. A sunny south facing dining room over looks a large back yard with trees. The food is plentiful and hot.
The rooms are larger then any we had seen so far. Large enough for a bed, reclining chairs, TV, chest of drawers and personal items. Also included in the room was a large clothes closet. Bathrooms were also spacious.

But the best part of Marley Oaks are the Administrator, Dawn and all her help. From each caretaker, right down to the cook. They were all warm, caring individuals who always were there to help give personal attention to the people who lived there and their families.

The monthly fee to live there was acceptable and the nice thing was it was all inclusive. No hidden charges like other places we had been to visit.

All these things were exactly what we were looking for and so we made the decision that this was the place for Dad.

Our Father lived there until he was almost 101 yrs old. He celebrated his 100th birthday there with a large party that included not only family and friends, but all the residents and employees. Dawn went out of her way to help set this up and coordinate the festivities. And Dad also recieved birthday congratulations from the 5 living Presidents. A newspaper article with photos in our local neighborhood paper ran that week.

He had made good friends while living there and Marley Oaks became our extended family, our home away from home. We couldn't have found a better place for him to live out his final years... safe, secure and most of all, happy. We knew we had made the right choice.

as good as home

marley oaks is well staffed by qualified staff members that are caring and devoted to the residents. my mom has been there for 2 and a halve years and calls it home.she really enjoys the delicious homemade meals that are prepared daily, fresh veggies and very helpful cooks. residents each have a buzzer so help is never far away. the fact that i know my mom is never left alone and is well taken care of has given me peace of mind. if you want excellent care for your loved ones this would be the place. 5 stars and two thumbs up

A Home for Mom

My mother was fortunate to spend 2 Years at Marley Oaks,which she called home. The staff and residents became her extended family ,the setting is comfortable and cozy, she was very happy there and I was glad to see her there we couldn't have found a better place.She was well cared for and enjoyed each day.

Heather Swiech

The staff and I were the lucky ones.

More than a home, it's a family!

My mom lived here for three years and considered it like home. The people were always friendly and very attentive to the needs of the residents. The food is all home cooking. The staff is like family and take care of the residents like there own parents. I was always comfortable knowing mom was well taken care of.

A truly special place!

I researched and viewed many places before finding Marley Oaks. Marley Oaks is not a large senior center; it is a home! They have weekly and evening activities for the 10 residents who live there. They also have several field trips throughout the year, entertainment that comes to the home, a physician and podiatrist who comes monthly, weekly church services, and beautiful park-like grounds and the best hair stylist/barber. The staff/resident ratio cannot be beat but, more important is the skill and caring the staff provides. They don’t just care for, they care about the residents. When the Administrator (whose knowledge of the elderly, drugs and medication, medical needs, caring and dedication is above and beyond what could ever be expected or I ever imagined) told me the residents there were family, that has truly been proven true.

Heather Swiech

Thank you...so eloquently worded. It was our pleasure.

The people here are the bes...

The people here are the best. Wish every town could have a place like this.

We are a unique property, in a park-like setting offering personalized assistance for you or your loved one. Marley Oaks is truly a home-like atmosphere with only 10 private resident rooms with private bathrooms. Our onsite beauty shop offers total hair care. All of our staff are certified and ready to assist.
At Marley Oaks, we don't just care for, we care ABOUT our residents. Our meals are all "home cooked" and use fresh produce from our gardens when available. We do what we can to cater to your lifestyle, while maintaining a warm home atmosphere. Helping our residents to maintain independence is a priority. The residents and staff members get to know and enjoy each others' company. Please do not hesitate to call with any question or to arrange a tour. THERE IS ANOTHER PLACE LIKE HOME.