The Best of Care - Centennial, CO

Everything is a five.

Everything is a five. They basically treat my mom like their family. I think that’s one of their best features. I think it’s not a business – more of a family atmosphere. Walking in – it smells wonderful. She makes most of her food from scratch. She uses organic ingredients.

What you see isnt what you may get.

The reason that we choose “the best of care” for my mother-in-law is because the last place she was out was terrible and we really had to get her out of their. When we went to “best care” for the tour they showed us a beautiful bedroom and told us that “this will be her room and she will have it all to herself until we get another female resident moved in, then they will share the room. It was a lovely two bed room and right next to the bathroom. As we were on the tour they showed us a new room that they were building to help house more guest, couldn’t figure out why they were building a new room when the old ones weren’t even filled yet. The only real concern I had was all of the scatter rugs. They have rugs over the runner in the hall all round the living room, everywhere. Which I just see as a major tripping hazard made worse by the fact that they have hardwood floors. Other than the rugs everything else seemed fine until we moved her in. We have had to deal with just a couple of small issues. They are not helping her get dressed in the mornings, even though we brought a bunch of her close in as well as her socks, shoes, slipper socks and slippers. Every time we see her she is still in her pajamas and bare foot. I know for a fact that she hates to be barefoot; it used to drive her crazy when people didn’t have something on their feet. Plus her hair would be brushed and it looked like that she hadn’t had a bath in days. We spoke with them about our concerns and they said that they are bathing mom every other day and that’s when they brush her teeth and her hair, then they put her into a clean pair of pajamas. On top of everything else the room that they showed and promised us, they did not give us they moved her into the new room down the hall by the front door. They didn’t move anyone else into the room they are just keeping it empty. I think that they might be trying to leave that room empty as the show room for people to see when they have tours. The new room my mother is in has a lot of dark colors in it and she doesn’t even have a bedroom door, so anyone coming and going and look into her room at any time. She has no privacy, they said that the doors have to be custom made and the first order was wrong, but if that’s the case I don’t understand why they wont just put her in the room that they promised us. But its not all bad they did save my mom, she was on deaths door when we brought her here, they feed her and cared for her back to health. We will be visiting her this weekend to see if the addressed the rest of our concerns. They don’t like when you show up unannounced, it feels like a fancy restaurant or hotel where you have to make a reservation to come in.

We operate this small group home in a large beautiful new home, located on a one acre lot. We have flower and vegetable gardens and a large, brick patio. Angelica has over 1o years experience and bakes fresh breads and pastries each week. All meals are cooked from scratch. We want to help make your life easier by making the best of what appears to be a difficult situation. Providing quality care can be challenging when trying to balance the needs of an elderly person, family, and affordability. It takes commitment, integrity, attention, hard work, and a lot of love for what we do to make this possible. We are here to help you.