Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

Best place to be

This is by far the best facility of its kind. The staff and caregivers are warm and friendly and obviously enjoy their work. There is a lot of sunlight and openness to the facility that helps to support the cleanliness, and brightness of living there. Good activities, good food, good family feeling. Our mom was very well cared for.

Peace of Mind

I am most grateful to the amazing team at Chelsea Place for all of their help and care for my dad, especially the extra attention he was given during his recent health concerns. In particular, the Clinical Services Director's expertise, patience, persistence and overall compassion were invaluable. I also called to check on Dad a few times and to get the QMAPs' perspectives on how he was doing. Each person was as kind and reassuring as always. And I have no doubt the caregivers were gentle and attentive. Thanks to everyone, he was back in the game in no time and I felt he didn't skip a beat in his routine.

I speak with my dad on a daily basis, and he regularly comments on how clean his room is (this has always been important to him). He tells me how busy he is and how "they are always bringing something yummy" for him to eat. The activities are varied and creative. This is also true of the food, allowing residents to break the monotony and celebrate the simple things.

Chelsea Place continues to provide me with the utmost peace of mind that my dad is well-cared for, safe, understood and, above all, loved. This peace of mind is priceless, given that I live halfway across the country. My continued thanks to each and every person at Chelsea Place. What they do is not easy ~ and yet they do it so very well.

5 Stars

We had to make the decision to choose special living options for my wife, and we chose to move her into Chelsea Place. So far, it has been as positive a situation as something like this can be. Chelsea place has been a terrific community, and the family is very impressed with it. The food is great, the staff is very friendly and accommodating, there are so many activities for the residents to take part in, and the place is kept up very well. Given the circumstances, Chelsea Place has been very worthwhile for us.

Need more staff

We chose Chelsea Brookdale Memory Care because it is a smaller community and I wanted more one on one care provided for my loved one. It is very clean and well-maintained. It is basically well run and they have a good understanding of memory care issues. The staff is friendly and caring and they are doing the best that they can with the amount of staff that they have. The food is okay, they offer a variety of meals, but they do not offer alternative choices. They offer activities and try to tailor the activities to accommodate the different levels of the resident's ability. They have a safe and secure nicely landscaped area outdoor for the residents to enjoy the fresh air. The directors say they are working on improving their staff to resident ratio. I would recommend this community to others if they had more staff.

David Hoppe

Thank you for your review. The crisis in staffing across the nation, at all levels of care, has hit Denver. We talked about this last month in our Family Council. We try to maintain a 1 to 7 staff ratio, but experienced several days with a 1 to 8. Many times the shifts were filled in with our own staff working overtime. This is not something that we wanted to have happen. I also covered the rollout of a new strategy to recruit the best caregivers from this shrinking pool. The good news is we have hired enough staff in the last two weeks to meet out staffing ratio. We pride ourself at providing the best care possible and I appreciate all of our families' input. Please stop me next time you are at Chelsea Place if you need further discussion.

Safe and Secure

We chose Chelsea Place Memory Care because of the security and safety they would provide for my mom. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. The staff is very welcoming to our family when we come to visit, they already know our names. They offer various activities and try to tailor the activities to the resident's needs. My dad and I have had meals with my mom and we all think the food is very good. I like the fact that the residents have snacks and drinks available to them at all times. There is a large courtyard with nice landscaping that my mom spends a lot of time there enjoying the fresh air. My dad is able to take their dogs to visit my mom which is very comforting.
I would absolutely recommend this community to friends and family. I also appreciated all the help from A Place For Mom in helping us find the right place.

A tour

ThIs is a clean nice looking community. The person that took myself on tour was nice. This community works with resident that have advanced memory issues. My loved one did not need the care this community offered.

Chelsea Place is an exceptional community. Each person on their team is cheerful and compassionate, and the caregivers and OMAPs are kind, gentle and loving. The community is extremely clean and well maintained. The dining room and common areas are bright and cozy. The food is flavorful and varied with themes for certain days. Printed menus and cloth table covers and napkins provide dignity and class to the residents. Life enrichment activities offer fun, imaginative events to keep residents busy and involved. I have place of mind that my father is safe, comfortable and loved.

Chelsea Place has an amazing and well-trained care. Staff, intelligent and highly dedicated nurse, 1st rate chef and a lot of stimulating activities to engage each resident! I can’t say enough about how well Chelsea Place is managed, how well organized the management and staff are, and how superb the communication is between the families, management and care staff!
As a team, they work hard to ensure the needs of each resident are met, focusing on the details of what each resident needs to be very happy and well cared for at all times! This high level of care is truly felt and appreciated by residents and family members alike!
My mother has lived at Chelsea Place for exactly one year. She continues to enjoy the wonderful activities, kind and engaging care staff, great food, friendships and outings on the bus! She has been happy at Chelsea Place since day one! I echo my mother’s sentiments when she says that “Chelsea Place is a wonderful place to be!”

We enjoyed the tour but felt the facility was a little more institutional than some of the other facilities - this was our second choice, however because we felt they would be able to handle all my Dad's needs without hesitation.

David Hoppe

On a tour, we know it can be difficult to capture all that has made us so well reviewed by our families , Our activities, care and cleaniness recieve the highest rating by our families, which has earned us Senior Advisors and Caring.com's top award each year. Chelsea Place was built to provide an extremely safe environment for your loved one. At times, we know this is in contrast to the more traditional decors that do not take the unique challenges of providing excellent memory care into account. We wish you and your father the best of care. Again, thank you for your review.

David A. Hoppe, Executive Director

The leadership team and entire staff are remarkable. They give so much of themselves to the care and love of my loved one.
The facility is bright, clean and welcoming. Staff are accommodating and so willing to do whatever is needed to ensure her safety and overall well being.

the leadership team and entire staff are remarkable. They give so much of themselves to the are & love of my loved one.

The facility is bright, clean, and welcoming. Staff are accommodating & so willing to do whatever in needed to ensure her safely and overall well being.

Great care by great people. The staff takes the time to learn the resident names along with their family members. The place is very clean and well maintained. Everyone at Chelsea Place is helpful and caring.

Staff is very caring and supportive.

My mom's care

This is a nice community for care for a loved one. the community was always clean and maintained. She was happy with the nice variety of health meals that were offered. She enjoyed the nice activities and the small trips out of the community when permitted. I would recommend this great community for good care for the needs of a love one.

Nothing special here.

The initial tour gives a good impression as they all know when you're coming in.

Not very impressed with what they say compared to what they actually do.

Dear family member,
I am truly sorry that we did not/have not met your expectations. If you are a current family member, please allow me to sit down with you to review your concerns. I can be reached at the main number. I look forward to the opportunity see how we can satisfy those expectations.

Sincerely,
David A. Hoppe, Executive Director.

The quality of service is great. The staff & facility are awesome!! The staff gives genuine care & they are very knowledgeable. This facility is always seeking to grow & improve in all areas

Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

It was a difficult decision placing my mom into memory care, but a necessary one. The management team & care staff have done an outstanding job helping not only my mom, but her entire family transition and settle in. They helped make one of the most difficult decisions, an easier one!

Amazing staff!!

I have to say I am very pleased with this community and the services they provided my father. They where very attentive to his needs and helped him the best they where able to with his memory care. They even provided different activities for the him that help with his memory loss like arts and crafts. I would defiantly recommend this facility it is a great facility.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

My mother has been at Chelsea Place since OCT. 2015. Even though she is in Hospice she continues to thrive & we credit the care givers at Chelsea. They are exceptional, as is the rest of the staff!

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

This is an excellent memory care facility – supportive, caring staff. I am blessed to have found this safe home for my man.

My Mom Is Okay

This community has been okay for us so far. There are areas that I have no comments but the community is kept clean. My mom seems to enjoy her meals they provide because she has not complained. I would recommend this community for care if needed.

I'm very pleased!

Really great place. They give great care and attention or loved one. Beautiful facility, sooo very clean. Everyone there are professional, knowledgeable and respectful.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

Well-organized leadership, emphasis is on the health and happiness of residents. I still am not well versed on what is happening in the process of Alzheimer's/Dementia, however no one at Chelsea Place has ever made me feel trivial, incompetent, under-informed, etc. They are patient and always helpful and honest about the health and mental state of my family member.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

We are still new to this chapter but so far things are going well overall. Everyone at Chelsea Place is compassionate and conscientious. I feel we are safe and in good hands. Thank you.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

Bob is very content here. My recent meeting eased my mind immensely. He truly is receiving excellent care here thanks to all the wonderful staff here!

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

The most caring, safe, and loving community! Staff are excellent, each and every one. My loved one has become very comfortable and happy here and our own relationship has been so much better.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

Bob is very content here. My recent meeting (care conference) eased my mind immensely. He truly is receiving excellent care here. Thanks to all the wonderful staff here.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, Co

We are still new to this chapter but so far, things are going well overall. Everyone at Chelsea Place is compassionate and conscientious. I feel we are safe and in good hands. Thank you.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care-Aurora, Co

The most caring, safe, and loving community! Staff is excellent, each and every one. My loved one has became very comfortable and happy here and our relationship has been so much better.

Things are going well overall. Everyone at Chelsea Place is compassionate and conscientious. I feel we are safe and in good hands. These folks really care about their residents. Excellent care with lots of compassion, humor, and respect. Thank you.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

Our mother has improved greatly since she came to Chelsea Place. The staff is caring, attentive, and very supportive. Activities are abundant and entertaining for the residents and their families. Staff has kept us informed of care and any changes in her treatment.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

I would like to thank Kyle for his caring attitude. He is kind, compassionate, and caring with all the residents. I have been so pleased since my mom came here to live.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

Excellent facility with wonderful staff. Lots of activities for residents. Would highly recommend Chelsea for anyone needing this type of care.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

We recently moved my mother into the community, and it was as smooth as a transition could be. The staff are friendly and accessible. My mother has been happy every time I've seen her. I credit the staff and their attention to residents with Dementia.

Chelsea Place

It's only been one month that my mother has lived here. So far it has been a positive experience. I wish my mother would socialize more with other residents. She says most of them "keep to themselves" for one reason or another. Her health care and supervision by staff has been exceptional. Great communication! Thank you!

Chelsea Place

Very pleased with the overall facility. Staff is very dedicated and sensitive to the needs of the resident. My mother really likes the facility which means so much to me. Thank you!

Review of Chelsea Place - Aurora, CO

Excellent facility, great staff, great food, very modern & clean, highly recommend.

Review of Chelsea Place - Aurora, CO

I deeply appreciate the loving care and respect my dad is given everyday by the staff. Everyone who works here is wonderful!

Review of Chelsea Place - Aurora, CO

The caregivers and QMaps are the most attentive staff! They go above and beyond to care for your member of my family.

Review of Chelsea Place - Aurora, CO

The entire staff is the most wonderful and caring I have EVER SEEN! They all go way above and beyond to take care of our family members. Maintance admission nursing chefs caregivers even the residents themselves are outstanding.

Review of Chelsea Place - Aurora, CO

The quality of the food is unbelievable! It is the most tasty and well presented. You would think your family member is eating at a 5-star restaurant. There are not enough stars to rate Chelsea Place.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

Fabulous! What a difference between Chelsea Place and the last place they lived - Light and Dark! No other way to put it! Your staff are so compassionate, caring, patient, and attentive. Mom always looks clean and well-groomed.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

The best thing is the staff. Wonderful! Then, the never-ending hall. I trust the staff. I believe in how you do things here, I wish the courtyard was a little bigger. It is truly a family run place. I would not want my mom at any other place.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

It's too soon to say but it's two times better than anywhere else.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

Staff awesome - responsive to needs - Kind, endearing, warm.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

Excellent! No complaints! Everyone takes such good care of all our loved ones!

Review of Chelsea Place - Aurora, CO

The best place ever toured - reasonable rate the most caring staff and the most creative activities person.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

Great staff - warming, loving, trusting - compassionate - knowledgeable - Great facility

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

This is my second visit with my brother-in-law. There aren't words to describe how wonderful my Chelsea Place experiences have been. I LOVE THIS PLACE. When I need assisted care, which I will, I want to live here. Thanks for all you do for my brother-in-law, a man I have loved ever since he married my sister 55 years ago.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

The facility is first class! The personal are first class! What more can I say?

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

Absolutely Amazing! Thank you for bringing a smile back to my dad's face. He placed my mother here with a broken heart, it is slowly healing.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

We are so happy with what we've seen so far. The trust level is amazing for the families. My mom is happy so we are happy. The whole staff is loving and caring and willing to step in where needed. Thank you.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care - Aurora, CO

Proactive staff, clean, light, airy, lots of activities. Great, caring staff, feels like family, new, modern, building, nice rooms.

They are Fabulous

The care given is great, they show interest in my mom and helped with her transition. The staff are fabulous, they show a great care for my mom making sure she is always neat an tidy. When i come in they are always doing something with her and finding what works well for her. I am always kept informed with daily phone calls. I can not say enough good things about them.

An exceptional place

My mother was at Chelsea Place for a very short time. My sister and I moved her to this new facility due to state of the art care for dementia patients. In her short stay at Chelsea Place, Momma received a tremendous amount of caring attention and I received more communication than I expected in such a short time. Momma was visited by an excellent physician and given a thorough physical exam. Since she could not speak for herself the doctor interviewed me about her history. A plan for her care was set in motion within 48 hours of her admission.
Everyone knows to look for places that smell bad or are dirty but it's also important to note that places who care for dementia patients need to be quiet as well. If the music or tv is blasting it's troubling to them. So while it may seem to be fun to the visitor it's not for the patient. Chelsea Place is quiet. There are things for young visitors to do which encourages them to visit their elderly relatives. ALL patients enjoy seeing the young visitors. It is also important to note that dementia patients are their only business, not a side business as in many facilities.
Sadly, my mother fell victim to the flu followed by pneumonia. We lost her very suddenly. However, there is no doubt that we had chosen the right place for her.

Review of Chelsea Place Memory Care Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Aurora, CO

To open mid-December. Beautiful one story building caters only to dementia patients. Rooms very small. Floors wood laminate. State of the art care. Everything has a reason for being there. Snacks available all night. Staff specially trained. Price won't change. Huge fee which Dave did not mention.