The Atrium at Rocky Hill - Rocky Hill, CT

Nice Community

We dont not have any complaints. The community is very clean, staff is friendly. They take great care of their residents. The food is excellent.

The facility that was given to me by A Place for Mom is perfect for and my family. We have noticed in just a few weeks she is already doing better she sleeping at night and taking part in the daily activities. Thank you for for your help.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you! We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please let us know if there ([removed]) is ever anything we can do for you and your family.

I Didn't Like It

It was a dementia unit. That's the only thing they dealt with. It was smelly and they had dolls and things like that. My aunt isn't on that level. I didn't like that the people were sitting all in one area. I just didn't like it. I didn't like the rooms there. They had furniture in the room already but I didn't like it. I didn't like the carpeting. I didn't like environment in general.

Benchmark Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback regarding The Atrium at Rocky Hill. From top to bottom, including the physical building, this community is designed exclusively for people with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. The way we approach our programming and activities, staffing needs, and dining are with this in mind. All of our associates attend ongoing dementia-specific training and we have individualized service plans for each resident.

Life at The Atrium at Rocky Hill is structured on the idea that not everyone likes the same things. We know how important activities are to residents with memory impairment, and we build on the physical, spiritual, emotional, and cognitive aspects of each resident. We have the Dining with Dignity program that helps stimulate appetites through colorful china, aroma, flavor, and other visual stimuli. Resident choice-centered menus enhance the experience, as well as the meals being served in a calm dining room with instrumental music.

As for the physical building, we have adaptive design features including personalized memory boxes, themed neighborhoods, and secured outdoor courtyards--all of which enhance quality of life and promote the independence of our residents

They Do Not Separate Residents By Care Level

Honestly, I thought it was dirty. I didn't feel they did a good job in separating the levels of memory care. That's all they are - memory care and they have all levels of memory care grouped together which is not appropriate at times. You have people that have memory issues that are still higher functioning, like my mom. It's very depressing as a family member to go there and see what might be down the road and bringing my children there to visit would have been difficult. It might be a good place, but I, personally, think they should separate the different levels They have wings but instead of separating them by wing they just put all of them together and it really was not clean at all.

Not Clean

This community is strictly memory care. You walked in immediately to a locked secure area. We didn't really like it. It didn't help that one of the patients was incontinent and was in need of being changed. It wasn't as clean and nice odor wise as other places that I had been. I smelled urine.

Benchmark Senior Living

The Atrium at Rocky Hill is an assisted living residence designed exclusively to serving the needs of individuals with memory loss. Our goal, in everything we do, is to create an environment that is safe and feels familiar and empowering. Not all seniors require memory care. But for those who do, we take great pride in ensuring that our residents lead social, rewarding, and fulfilling lives. The outstanding personal care and safety we provide allows family members to know that their loved one is in a secure, home-like, neighborhood setting.

Older but Still Nice

It was a little bit older of a facility but it was nice.

The courtyard provides residents with access outdoors

The Atrium at Rocky Hill is totally dedicated to memory loss, which is why I chose it. Other places I visited had memory care units that were on a second or third floor. The Atrium is all one floor with a courtyard. There are only 61 residents so it feels more homey. The Atrium is still very new for us so it was hard to rate the Value, Care Services, and Activities. I think I was expecting more, like more outings, but they do have a full schedule of activities posted.

Facility is nice. Rooms are small. ...

Facility is nice. Rooms are small. residence seem to have a lot of options for activities.

The Atrium at Rocky Hill is an assisted living residence designed exclusively to serving the needs of individuals with memory loss. Our goal, in everything we do, is to create an environment that feels safe and familiar, empowering and fulfilling.

Each detail of our unique, single story residence is the result of our efforts to create an environment that helps residents maintain their independence and continue to lead safe and rewarding lives. "Neighborhoods" create home-like social groupings and encourage interaction and activity participation, while indoor space is arranged to facilitate easy maneuvering and cue action through visual orientation.

The Harbor Program helps people with Alzheimer's and other memory impairments stay active and engaged, supported by a caring staff, specialized programs, and a neighborhood designed just for them.

The unique design of the Harbor neighborhood helps to promote independence, with comfortable lighting and cues to help residents find their way.