The Village at Kensington Place - Meriden, CT

This place is [Removed]. They always seem to be understaffed. They lose clothes, the kitchen is not the cleanest.
MY mother was a patient there for 7 months. In that time she fell when no one was watching her. The staff did not allow her to participate in any group activities. She was mistreated.

Wonderful family- oriented community

My mom has been living at the Village at Kensington Place for a little-over two years.

Her beautiful apartment is decorated with her furniture and things that she loves.

She is independent, but knows that if she needs help, it's a push button away.

In all this time, we have no complaints at all. Zero.

The facility is lovely. The food is great and well presented. There are activities every day: meaningful things to do for residents and families.

The staff knew my mom's name the very-first day. She felt welcome and valued. She has joined groups that suit her needs and talents.

If I have any questions and/ or concerns, the administrator is on site nearly every day.

Look at their Facebook page. There are hundreds of photos of residents, staff, family.

My mom chose this community herself, and we all are grateful for the wonderful community atmosphere at the Village.

Over-two years and zero complaints.
For real: ZERO.

Taking Good of My Mother, Wonderful Community

I do feel my mother is in good hands with her move to this community. It is a wonderful place, and they have a great staff. They have been very attentive, and helpful. They are taking very good care of her, and her needs. I'am very pleased with all they have done for us, and this is a community I would recommend. It is working out well for my family.

No complaints about this community!!

I had a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints with how things went during our visit. They had a very clean facility with a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. The staff where friendly and and made sure to answer any questions that I had for them in great detail. It was just not the right decision for my loved one in the end decision.

Care for a loved one

We are happy with this community. The staff are nice and caring. The staff are quite busy, but they might need more staff so that the residents have more attention. We meals are good and he likes the variey of the health meals. He is offered to be involved with the nice activities. We would recommend this community for the care and value of a loved one.

A great community.

The staff are nice, helpful and are there for you with whatever you need. My father in law loved the food. They offer daily activities and they encouraged him to participate. The community is clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community.

Very Good Tour, Nice Community

We had a good tour of this facility.From what I saw the community appeared to be well-kept, and clean. The staff was friendly, and nice. It was a good experience, but there were many factors that played into where to place my mother. Unfortunately this wasn't the community for us.

Great memory care unit!!

I am very impressed with the memory care unit at this community. They have been helping my loved one improve by having her participate in the various activities and re-directional techniques throughout the day. I do wish there was better communication between the staff and myself about my mothers progress.

Mom's Care

This is a nice community. The staff is friendly, but they do not follow up on family information. My mom has had to wait for medication. They do offer good activities for those who want to participate. I would advise other families to look into other locations.

Really nice place and very helpful staff

We had an immediate need for our father and were amazed with the response and help from the staff at Kensington. They helped us through every step of the difficult process and did it very quickly to match our needs. The concern about dropping dad off was addressed and went very well. I think we even saw dad smile once or twice! Looking forward to his enhanced future and we are very comfortable with his care and safety. THANK YOU!

Comfortable With The Care They Are Providing

This is a nice community,and they are caring for my mother in law very well. We do have minor concerns, but we do have family meetings with the staff to resolve issues we have. They are doing very good job caring for her, but I do wish their responsive time was better. The staff is very caring and helpful. The food is pretty good. We know she is safe and in good hands. I would recommend it.

Review of The Village at Kensington Place - Meriden, CT

Warm and inviting. Spacious apartments. Friendly. Immaculate clean. Impressive. Staff very visible and involved.

Very nice looking place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another community, but this would have been our second choice!

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for your thoughts! Please let us know ([removed]) if there is ever anything we can do for you and your family.

Visited without an appointment; warm and informative welcome.

We made a spur of the moment visit because we were in the area. We did not have an appointment, and expected to pick up some literature and think things over. We were pleasantly surprised to have the Executive Director sit down with us to answer questions and provide a tour for our very reluctant elderly brother who must move from his birth home to assisted living because he simply needs additional care and oversight. It is going to cost a bit more than his current "at home" situation, but it's hard to put a price on piece of mind for my sister and I who live 2,000 miles away. We know there are a couple of less expensive options for our brother, but he's very familiar with the area, very reluctant to move and he received a warm and compassionate welcome upon our visit. We plan to continue to pursue the option of relocating our brother to Kensington.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for sharing! Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take great pride in the trust families place in us. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director at [removed] if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they've done a good job at The Village at Kensington Place. My loved one is having a little trouble settling in, but I think the staff really went out of their way to ease the transition process and welcome her to the community. They've gotten a little less hands on now that she's been there a while, but I still think they're doing a good job overall looking out for her.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for sharing. We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Very nice place!

They've done an excellent job so far at The Village at Kensington Place! Our loved one has not been here long, but the whole experience, from the touring to now, has been a very good one. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. I have nothing but good things to say about them, and I would recommend them highly!

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

One of the many benefits of being a senior living community is the ability to create moments that wow our customers. Thanks for your kind words! Please let us know ([removed]) if there is every anything we can do for you and your family.

Friendly and accommodating staff

So far our experience with The Village at Kensington Place has been a very good one. They have really worked with us to make sure it is a comfortable and safe place for my loved one. The staff are all very friendly, and they take great care of the people who live here! Since moving in he has regained a lot of his strength, and is able to move around a lot more independently than before.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Your words mean everything to us! We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please let us know ([removed]) if there is ever anything we can do for you and your family.

A Little Too Extravagant for Us

Nice, but I thought a lot of it was unnecessary. It is like a lot of linen table clothes and chandeliers. It comes across as being higher tier as far as aesthetics and everything. It's rather expensive. But I don't know if crystal decor is really necessary to take care of my mom. It was nice, I will have to say that.

Cost prohibitive

Cost prohibitive

Visited I liked the facility very muc...

Visited I liked the facility very much. It would be a good place for mom. Further negociating with my family is required. I liked the fact that they have in house MD care.

Absolutely fell in love with this fac...

Absolutely fell in love with this facility and it's location, director was extremely compassionate and spent a lot of time with me and provided me with a wealth of information for which I am grateful.

The Village at Kensington Place is an elegant country estate nestled among the scenic Hanging Hills of Meriden, CT. Our beautifully manicured campus surrounded by woodlands provides comfortable outdoor sitting areas and the setting for fitness, arts, and leisure activities. A terrace off the main dining room offers seasonal outdoor dining with a panoramic view of the campus in all its splendor.

The Independent Living option is designed exclusively for Seniors looking for a carefree lifestyle without the burdens of maintaining a home. As an Independent Living Resident, you will enjoy the support from our services and amenities that make life easier, and embrace the active and independent lifestyle that awaits.

The Assisted Living lifestyle at The Village at Kensington Place offers a personalized balance of assistance and independence. Enjoy the privacy of your own apartment and the support of our caring staff for anything you may need.

The Harbor Program helps those with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments to stay active and engaged, supported by a caring staff, specialized programs, and a neighborhood designed just for them.