Brookdale Buckingham - Glastonbury, CT

Brookdale Buckingham - Glastonbury, CT has yet not published prices.

My Husband is Doing Very Well at This Community

I would say my husband is doing a lot better since his move to this community. He is more active now, and even getting involved in the community. He enjoys the residents, and so far I'am very satisfied with all they have done for us. They have good activities offered for the residents, and good outings outside the community. They have really provided me a peace of mind know he is safe and in good hands. He is safe and being cared for very well, and I would recommend this community.

An Enormous Relief

When I was 13 years old, my mom told me that she never, ever, wanted to be put into a nursing facility and that she was setting up long-term insurance to allow her to stay at home at the end of her life. So, when dementia made that an impossibility, my siblings and I were overcome with guilt and anxiety about how to proceed. The first time I walked into Brookdale Buckingham, my mind was put at ease. The physical environment was as dissimilar as possible from an institution. It was clean, bright, beautiful and inn-like. More important, the emotional environment was warm and nurturing. Our mom has been a resident at Brookdale for 10 months now. Having her there has not only removed the exhausting burden of trying to deal with this heart-breaking disease in her home, but it has removed the guilt and anxiety we felt about her care. Having once worked in the crème de la crème of local nursing homes, and seen some disturbing interactions between aides and patients, I came to the conclusion that any facility is only as loving as the staff on duty. As a dementia-care facility, every single employee at Brookdale Buckingham receives training in understanding and responding to the unique needs and perceptions of dementia patients. I visit our mom regularly and am always comforted to see the caring, patient interaction between staff and residents. Everyone seems aware and current about our mom's status and the staff’s doors are always open to my questions and concerns. Surprisingly, our mom has also thrived on being in a social environment rather than alone at home. While I can’t minimize the heart-wrenching nature of seeing our mom get increasingly lost into her disease, it is an enormous comfort to know that she is receiving the best care we could have imagined. Although the cost of Brookdale is higher than we will be able to manage long-term, we are comforted to know that we are giving her the best care for as long as possible.

Loving, skilled, and respectful staff; Spotless, well designed and run facility

My husband recently became a resident of the Brookdale Buckingham memory care facility. He has been cared for by loving, professional, and respectful staff - from the outstanding medical and personal care of nurses and nurse's aides, to the creative client activity team who keep mind and body engaged with fun, music, trips, exercise, art and other enrichment, to the talented chefs who produce nutritious and tasty food that meets many special needs, to hardworking housekeepers who keep the facility and rooms spotless with a smile. The committed administration team even lends a hand in caring for our loved ones - they know all the residents and interact regularly. Families are treated with kindness and patience; staff is always ready to hear and address concerns and even provide a shoulder to cry on when needed. Every person I have met and dealt with at Brookdale Buckingham is amazing. I truly believe that this extraordinary group of people view their work as a calling rather than just a job. Working together they make a home and family and a real difference in the lives they touch. I never would have believed that a place like this existed. It is amazing and I am grateful.

We feel my father is not yet at the point of being in memory care only.

Amazing staff, beautiful facility

They do an absolutely fabulous job at Emeritus at Buckingham Estates, and I would recommend them to anyone! The staff here is extraordinary! They're friendly, professional, and very proactive when it comes to care. They don't wait for things to happen, they suggest things to you that they think will improve your loved ones happiness and health. After having some experience at other communities what really impresses me here is how even the administrative staff get involved on a personal level with the residents, they obviously really care!
The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the grounds are beautiful, it's like a garden! It's a small facility, all on one level, which was important to us due to Mom's limited mobility.
I really couldn't be happier with the decision we made placing her here, and again I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Excellent care!

They are doing a fantastic job at Emeritus at Buckingham Estates, we are really very pleased with them. The care that they provide has been excellent from day one, and I continue to be impressed each time I visit. The staff are friendly and professional, and they do a great job looking out for the residents. I highly recommend them!

Great Staff

To be brief, my partner and her sister (whose mother used to live at Emeritus at Buckingham Estates) were very pleased, particularly with the staff at that community.

Happy so far

I was relieved after recently moving my Aunt to Buckingham Estates to find that what I was told would happen, basicly does happen. The care is good, the place is clean, there is a lot of effort to engage the residents and a wide variety of activities to participate in. Like any facility that I've been familiar with, the more the family is involved, the better things go. This is true of Buckingham although the majority of the staff seems to love what they do and I get the feeling they're wonderful with the residents when you're there and when you're not.

Warm and Welcoming with a Very Involved Staff!

It's truly a very very special place. The staff is like family. They are so caring and never once to do think that it's a job for them. They're very involved with all the residents and they know them all by name. I think that's what I like about them the most - it is a place where the staff is very much involved. It's extremely clean and they have a lot of activities. Everything that you could want for your parent or loved one to experience when they have memory issues, they do everything.

They take the residents out to lunches and to see gardens. They also have exercise games and bingo. They have people come in to sing and perform.

The reason I chose Buckingham Estates is that it's entirely for Alzheimer's and memory care residents so it's not a locked ward or floor for those people. It's very warm and welcoming.

Brookdale Buckingham is a dedicated memory care community set in welcoming and rural Glastonbury, Connecticut. Our community is nestled in the country on a picture perfect hilltop between the Minnechaug Golf Course and Manchester Country Club just minutes from Manchester Memorial Hospital. Glastonbury is a peaceful and scenic town on the banks of the Connecticut River, boasting a strong sense of community and welcoming people of all ages from all walks of life.

Brookdale Buckingham is an intimate and lively community that offers premiere memory care services in an environment that feels like home. Our community is relaxed and inviting and takes advantage of all that the town of Glastonbury has to offer, taking day trips to Glastonbury Ferry, Bolton Lake or Rose's Berry Farm. Residents choose from private apartment homes or friendship suites. Each home is handicap-accessible and features an emergency call button, walk in showers and lot of natural sunlight.

Our services and amenities work together to enhance the lives of our residents. They include:

An engaging and vibrant lifestyle
Personalized care services
A strong partnership with the local community
Alzheimer's support groups
Fine dining services specifically designed to meet the needs of people with dementia