Atria Hamilton Heights Place - West Hartford, CT

Lovely, large facility; however, apartments were too small for me. [name removed] was wonderful guide and very helpful, and they are obviously in close touch with the occupants.

Loved it! Excellent services and price. Beautiful charming warm environment.

Very nice visit and [name removed] that we met with was very pleasant and informative and she connected with us. The place is beautiful, clean and big but with a smaller community of residents.

Great tour, very nice place, and [name removed], who showed us the rooms, etc. was very knowledgeable. Thank you [name removed]!!!

Stay away

Sorry, but this place I wouldn't recommend.
*Food is good, waitstaff excellent!
*Facility is nice except for the back- Dirty, Dirty entrance which has a door that doesn't work, dirty, smelly old carpets and walls, non working door. Buy some paint, a brush and febreeze.
* Director - they should replace - unresponsive to requests, insensitive to seniors needs, not a caregiver. Kind of like a used car salesman.
* Nurses are ok.

An Amazing Bit of Heaven

Considering that I am a new resident. . . all is great/good however I have perceived it in a short time. For certain every day has been a wonderful and new experience. What is amazing to me...all who live here go out of their way to acknowledge you. . "good morning", "what's happ;ening". . . "how goes your day". Dinner time, " try the salmon, it's delicious", "scratch the peas. . .try brussels sprouts instead. The interaction is warm and welcoming. The 10 am fitness is a MUST!!! It's uplifting, a spurt towards balance and each session is unique. What I learned within a very short time there is no such word as NO!! Instead, "Yes. . ."Will look into it". . . "Great Idea. . I'll work on this". Now for the miles....I'm convinced they are painted...If there is something unpleasant about Hamilton Heights, they certainly are hiding it, since I cannot find it.

This is a gorgeous facility and [Removed] is knowledgeable and passionate about what she does. The entire staff were welcoming and invested. My mother and I will return for a lunch visit. Thank you!

Lots history and antiques in this building!!

I noticed that this community had a lot of history and beautiful antiques throughout the entire building which my loved one really liked. The breakfast they offered smelled very good and looked really fresh. The facility on the inside and out was absolutely gorgeous and had lots of great amenities available for the residents. The thing I liked most about my visit was how involved all of the residents where in activities throughout the complex and how many staff they had helping them. I did not care for the bedrooms they where a little small and none of them had a kitchen included. i also thought the community was way to big and overwhelming for my mother.

Respite care in a nice facility with friendly attentive staff

My parents needed to be closer to St. Francis while my dad is getting chemo. Atria was able to set up a "respite care" situation for them. They have a furnished apartment and a care level that meets their needs. They can get transportation to and from St. Francis, and it is very close. I was here during Winter Storm Ann, and the crew plowed and shoveled the parking lot and walk ways over night so they were all clear when residents woke up. Care, transportation and meals are a little confusing to my mom over the weekends, when the regular staff is not here, but we will figure that out while I'm here from California. The facility is beautiful and well cared for. The residents seem happy, and there are different activities that will appeal to different people. My mom has been able to make friends and has the care she needs, so my dad doesn't have to worry about her, and can focus on his own health. The staff is friendly and helpful. My dad said getting them set up here was the best Christmas present he could have gotten.

A Disasterous Mistake

We were told that my sister who was experiencing early dementia could live in Life Guidance ( their dementia unit) without the need for an independently hired companion. We were told that in fact no one in the dementia unit had that. It turned out almost everyone in the dementia unit was forced to hire an independent companion at huge expense. The reason for this, they admitted, was due to the severe understaffing.at Atria. Don't expect dementia care or expertise here. It is a facility with a locked door where the staff encourages drugging the residents into a stupor so they will be docile and easy to handle. I atribute much of my sister's swift decline to Atria Hamilton Heights.

Kate Vance

We value feedback from our residents and family members as it helps us continue to improve the service we provide. Your comments are concerning to us and we’d like to learn about experience. If you’re comfortable sharing more, please reach us at [removed].

A Happy Place

Everyone is smiling. They engage everyone. It's a happy place. It is very dynamic with a lot of activities. I couldn't be happier and more relieved. I would recommend the Atria Hamilton Heights Place.

Friendly and Supportive

I am very happy with this facility that we have chosen. My loved one is very glad and says it feels like her which is a good thing. Doesnt really get into the activities and the food is good. The staff is there for support and anything you might need you can always go to them with hesitant.

Very happy with this facility--could not have been helpful, resourceful, and loving.

I really liked this place

I really liked this place. I thought mom would too. She didn't but I don't really think she likes anywhere. She felt that she was too young for this place. I thought it was nice, the staff was friendly. She wasn't happy with it though so it's not what we picked.

We really liked this place,...

We really liked this place, & found it to be our favorite of all we've seen so far. The location is great, 10 mins. From my office & in a beautiful neighborhood in W. Hartford. We met with Siobhan, & she could not have been nicer or more helpful. She spent a lot of time with us, gave us a full tour & answered all our questions honestly & thoughtfully. This is the first place we've seen that might be affordable for my Mom, & is definitely a viable option. We are very happy we went to see it.

Paige is Great!

Paige, the social/recreational director, was the one who gave me a tour and she was phenomenal. You could see that she was engaged with all the residents and they had a relationship with her. I wasn't quite as impressed with the person running the memory care floor. There was much less warmth there. She was not warm and fuzzy.

I was looking for a place where my mom, who has Alzheimer's, and my dad, who doesn't, would be able to stay in the same apartment. Paige said this is not right for you. She was very honest.

Great Overall

Overall it is great now. There were some definite bumps in the beginning with communication and some other things but once we got past that, it's been great. The place itself is very nice and the food is fantastic which I was worried about because my mother is a very good cook and eater, she doesn't like hot dogs and things like that. The menu at Atria is unbelievable. We've eaten there several time and it's delicious. The actual residents are wonderful too.

The issues in the beginning I feel like could happen anywhere. Nothing is prefect. I like that they have a monthly fee versus a daily fee. Even if they're comparable in the end, it makes you feel like it's more value because it doesn't feel like they're nickel and diming you for every little thing. It also is one of the places that gives the most flexibility in terms of how they structure their care. They really do adjust for you instead of expecting you to adjust to them.

Great Aids and Dining Room Staff

The care services are very good. My father doesn't participate too much in the activities so I don't know too much about them but there are activities available. In terms of the care, the aids and the dining room staff are outstanding. There were issues early on with the nursing staff but they've since gotten a new nursing director and that has improved 1000%. It's really hard to find something bad to say about them - they're great. I would recommend them to anybody.

My mother is a current resident

My 86 year old mother entered the Atria Hamilton Heights almost 2 years ago. Her apartment is on the small side, which at first concerned me, but she is very happy in it. As it turned out, she really doesn't need more space, she's got everything that she needs. If one wanted to participate in Atria's activities, you would hardly need to be in your room much anyway.

The staff is always pleasant, attentive, and patient with the residents, the food is good, and the rooms and public areas are well maintained and clean. Living at the Atria Hamilton Heights has given my mother a sense of security. She has said more than once how happy she is there.

At 1st my husband & I thoug...

At 1st my husband & I thought that this would be the place for my Mom, but after bringing Mom in for the Tour & seeing the apartments in her price range, this is NOT the place for Mom. The high ceilings make it very difficult to hear in the public rooms of the building such as the Dining Hall. And other issues too.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review and I’m very sorry that our location was not a good fit for your mother. There is another Atria community just 20 minutes away in Rocky Hill that you might want to visit, as well. If there were issues beyond the high ceilings that you would like to discuss with us, please contact us at [removed] and be sure to include the Atria community name that you visited in the subject line. We appreciate your feedback.

Really likes. Beautiful facility. D...

Really likes. Beautiful facility. Director really knows her stuff.

I toured Atria HHP last week & am ver...

I toured Atria HHP last week & am very impressed. The room I've seen is spacious & bright. They seem to have very dense programing with a lot of art & music. I am taking Mom & an elder friend for lunch and an art activity tomorrow an art activity tomorrow. Mom has had a positive response to my story about it. TOOK MOM TO LUNCH & TOUR. She was most impressed with the look of the place & the food. We talked about all the stuff to do & sat in on an art activity.

Nice rooms, clean facility.

Nice rooms, clean facility.

Loved the apartments we saw/location ...

Loved the apartments we saw/location is perfect. Price with special was great. Very clean. GREAT events calendar. Bonus to have phys.therapy on-site. Food was good. Amenities/Services are just what mom needs. Staff seemed nice. clientele seemed very old; place was really quiet/empty (would she be lonely?).

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your feedback on our community. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us, and I'd like to address your concern that your mom might get lonely. We offer over 200 events and outings each month and there's a good chance that many residents may have been out having fun on the day you visited. I hope that you will come visit us again soon, and be sure to get a calendar of our events while you are here. We welcome you to email us directly at [removed] if you have any questions (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

We are favoring.

We are favoring.

Conveniently located in West Hartford, Connecticut, near the dining and shopping of Blue Back Square, Atria Hamilton Heights provides a luxurious lifestyle in one of New England’s finest neighborhoods. Our community offers daily opportunities for older adults to stay active, including movie nights in our theater, outings to the local symphony and casinos, and friendly strolls with our walking club. Our community’s rich heritage dates back to the 1800s, when our building was privately owned before becoming a Catholic school in 1906. Today, our baroque furnishings, marble columns and stained glass windows inspire fond memories for many residents who once attended class here. At Atria Hamilton Heights, we go to great lengths to ensure a fulfilling lifestyle. Our 24-hour staff is available to provide discreet assistance with residents’ requests, and we also offer our Life Guidance® memory care neighborhood for residents with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments.