Brookdale West Hartford - West Hartford, CT

Rooms are exceptionally bright and cheerful. High energy Assisted Living area very engaging and active.

Dad's Happy

We are really happy with this community they communicate very well with the family and great care of my dad. My dad used to only eat sandwiches now is eating everything,food is great. There is a nice courtyard to enjoy and although dad don't do many activities they are there when he does. The community is really clean also. I will recommend to anybody. I give them 5 stars.

A tour for care for mom

We toured this community and like the community and the staff. The lunch was good and the community was clean on our tour. They also have nice activities for the residents We would suggest that families tour this community for the good options of care that are offered for a loved one.

My mom is doing great here

My mom has transitioned very well here, she loves being a part of all the activities and going on the great field trips they offer and she also enjoys going to the dining room for her meals and socializing with the other residents there. The food is very good and they have a nice menu to choose from. I also like that they have a nursing staff the help monitor her meds as well. I would definitely recommend this community it is beautiful, and the staff really care about their residents.

Very nice!

We liked Brookdale West Hartford when we toured. The tour guide was friendly and knowledgeable. They showed us around and gave us good information. We found another Brookdale that for my loved one's needs better, but this one was very nice as well.

A tour for care

We toured this community for care for my husband. This was not what we wanted. This is in a city environment. The staff was nice. The menu was nice. They had nice activities for the residents that wanted to participate. We would recommend this community for other families.

Good Tour

We had a pretty good tour of this community. Everything went very well.

Very Good Experience

All is well for my mother since her move to this community. I'am comfortable with her move here, it is a nice place. They are caring for her, and her needs very well. I have not had any problems, or have any complaints about this community. I would recommend this community, it has worked out well for our family.

Nice Community With Kind People

My tour of this community went pretty well. The staff was kind and informative. From what I saw everything appeared to be nice and clean. They offer nice resources. It was a good tour. This is a nice community with kind people.

Michigan to Connecticut

Everyone at Brookdale is very friendly and helpful. My Aunt has transitioned very easily and well. It was a huge decision on my part to move her from Michigan to Connecticut. The atmosphere is very homey and relaxing.

Such a wonderful place!

Moved Mom into Brookdale not that long ago and she has yet to adjust to the move which makes things really hard. She's insisted on going back home so that stay will be short lived unfortunately. The staff have been nothing but nice and caring and tried their best to make it a great stay for Mom. The food always smells and looks good when I go visit and I wished it would work out but Mom just wants to be at home. I would most definitely recommend them!

Nice place, overall

I think in terms of the facility, and the care that they provide, Brookdale of West Hartford is a very nice place. The facility is beautiful, extremely clean, and the staff provide excellent care to the residents. However, I do think they could do a better job with the sign-up and onboarding process. There's been some issues between Brookdale and my loved one's long-term insurance provider, and it seems like there's always a new form that I haven't filled out that wasn't provided to me.

Getting proper care for my loved one

Brookdale of West Hartford is a beautiful facility. The nurses and their attendants are very caring and attentive.
The initial transfer from a local rehab to Brookdale was a little difficult when it came to determining special needs but the entire staff worked diligently to make all the correct adjustments. Anything worthwhile will take some time.

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Brookdale Place seemed like a nice place overall, and made it to our final list when we were selecting a community. It is a clean, well kept, nice looking place, and the staff all seemed friendly and professional.

Our experience with Brookdale Place h...

Our experience with Brookdale Place has been a good one. They were very helpful throughout the whole selection and move-in process. They introduced themselves well to Mom, they brought all the staff around to greet her and to make sure she felt at home. They also made sure they had appropriate staff on hand to answer any questions we had about the whole process, which I appreciated.

Eternal gratitude.

I could not have done this without the help of the wonderful people at A Place for Mom.
They were kind, genuine and beyond attentive to every need we had as a family. I would recommend them to anyone I know that would be in need of a place for their loved ones.
In choosing Brookdale Place, I discovered a sense of peace and true caring. I couldn't be happier.

my experience with Brookdale Place of West Hartford

Because my mother has only lived at Brookdale a little over a month, I don't feel qualified to submit a full or final review; this abbreviated review is based on my experience so far. I have been pleased with the services and facility up until now. The staff is cooperative and concerned. My mother feels comfortable and secure despite lamenting not being able to live with her own family members. The food is more than adequate, and the activities are abundant.

Great For Mom!

I'm in a very strange place; my dad doesn't have Alzheimer's and my mom does. They're both in the same apartment in the memory care. My dad is also going through chemo and my mom sleeps most of the time. He didn't want to be separated from her so agreed to move in there. The care, when they get my mom is very good. They're very attentive. I watch them with other residents and they are very attentive and very caring. Dad is more competent and they're not really used to dealing with someone like that on that floor. He eats with the Alzheimer's patients so he's only accepting so much of the experience. He is relying on the van to get to chemo which is good (and free). That's really good. I would just like to see a little more effort in pulling him in to the assisted living side for more engagement. I don't know how he would respond to it but at the same time I don't think an effort is being made. In fairness to the place, there was new manager the week we moved in so they were in transition too.

It's really good for my mom. Their attempts to get her out and doing things have not been successful but the care is very good.

Very Nice People

It turns out that our cousin was not able to into Brookdale Place. She needed a skilled nursing facility so that's where she is now. I will say that they were wonderful holding the apartment for her while she was in the hospital and even longer when she was in the skilled nursing facility, until is was clear that she was not going to make it to Brookdale. They were just nice and we didn't spend one extra penny. They didn't make us pay anymore for holding the room. I give them really high kudos.

Good Food

My mom has only been there for a few days but it's good so far. My mother likes the food and I have to agree with her. It's much better than the last place she was. They have very good soup and food is important. Because my mother was at Chatfield, which is also a Brookdale community, they agreed to not charge a community fee and they were able to accept her with her particular situation. She has dementia and she's also got some health issues.

There have been a few problems so far like people don't remember about the oxygen and different things. No matter what place you choose you can't just leave the person there. You have to keep on top of the staff to make sure everything goes well.

Also, they have a nurse that has a very heavy accent and that may be a factor for people that have hearing/memory problems. I think you've got to get rid of all the possible things that are going to screw people up.

They're pretty close to being there but have management issues

They have some management issues over there, they just got a new manager and new chef this week, they're struggling a little bit, the care is fine but theres a few issues I think they're trying to address. My mother is a smoker and they do have a smoking room but its assisted living and memeory care but she's got all of her marbles so the population really isn't appropriate for her. Other than the cooking staff, which was really not close to standards (I'm in the restaurant business) and they had to do somethign and finally did, but the aids and spirit of the place is excellent and I expect them to correct this management problem or they will have more and more problems with the residents. I wouldn't discourage anybody for going there but the person going has to really need what they provide. There's lots of [removed] it's a small facility, the rooms are bright, the open spaces are excellent, the physical plan is very good but they have a few maangement issues. In my case, the value sin't there but if you need the care and services, the value is there.

My husband and I took a tou...

My husband and I took a tour July 20, 2013. We are not bringing Mom on any tours until we've been able to narrow choices down to 2-3 places. Apt's too small for Mom's needs at this time. Mom still wants to cook her own meals, clean her own place and do her own laundry. Mom is still very physically healthy.

Heather was awesome. So po...

Heather was awesome. So positive. Nice facility, but too far from D in Vernon.

Feeling Lost

The food quality seems poor, would not want to eat the food even if I could. Response time to emergency calls is very poor seems like there is a flaw in the system. During none business hard to tell who is in charge and seems like no one is in charge before 9 am and after 5 pm and on the weekends. Just don’t get the sense that there is management there off hours. Do not supply the beds place is unfurnished. The staff is very friendly and make the effort to do their best. The menu does not seem like a well balanced diet. Mom moved on a Friday and the weekend she seemed like she was pretty much abandoned. Mom did not feel welcomed initially and really felt lost. Marketing does a wonderful job but when you move in its different. I have no one overall that I can address my concern to. If you decide to visit ensure its at different time so you get the feel of the environment. After work I went to visit my mom and she was trying to go to the bathroom. There was no one around to help her and it became a falling risk. I pulled emergency cord and no one responded. There was no one there to help my mom go to the bathroom so I had to do it myself. This makes it difficult for me to feel she is safe and secure.

too expensive

too expensive

Offers 3 levels of care allowing 'agi...

Offers 3 levels of care allowing 'aging in place'. Has memory loss care too. All inclusive - housekeeping, laundry, 3 meals, transportation, etc.

Nice. met with the director.

Nice. met with the director.

I like the intimacy and scale. the me...

I like the intimacy and scale. the menu looks good but they are not using it as a drawing card so I suspect it's more institutional than some. I Like the fact that the more advanced dementia care unit is not a closed ward.

This place was buzzing with "busy-nes...

This place was buzzing with "busy-ness". Has a resident dog...which would motivate mom (good, bad??) Observed staff sitting with resident in open parlor consoling resident gently (heartwarming). Very cozy with lots of chotchkies around, just like mom's house. All clients co-mingle which is a plus to me. Studio was not boxy - had charm. One bedroom was very cozy- mom could isolate easily. Activities might motivate mom (van rides, shopping). Willing to change from studio to one bedroom if mom needed it. Respite accessible Menu items seemed ok. Across from UHart.

Brookdale Place of West Hartford provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.