The Atrium at Faxon Woods - Quincy, MA

My husband was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s disease when he was 54 years old. When his symptoms became worse and the disease progressed to the middle stages, I struggled with attending to his needs. Thankfully, after my husband was sent to Atrium at Faxon Woods I was able to relieve my stress as the staff there were very professional and supportive. They helped my husband transition smoothly into his new living space, which was spacious and designed specifically for patients in need of memory care. They also provided assistance in the form of onsite doctors, dental and hair salon services, and a variety of healthy meals during my husband’s time at Atrium. I am thankful that he received a great deal of attention and care there.

[Removed] was very thorough and friendly. It is a beautiful facility and the staff is very invested. Both my husband and I felt that it was not stimulating enough for my mother is has mild dementia. This is not the one for her, but it is a lovely place for someone who is more involved

Mother Is In Good Hands

I'am comfortable with my mothers move to this community. It is working out well for her, and her needs. They have a good staff, and they are providing her good care. I know she is safe, and in good hands in this facility. She is doing well since her move here, and I would recommend this community to my friends.

The Community I Had A Visit With

As I drove into the community I from the main road, the sign is broken and in need of repair. When I toured the community I didn't like it as much. It was not comparable to another community I also toured. I also observed and could tell they had a new manager that is inexperienced.

Benchmark Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Please know we value your comments and will be sure to share them with our community and regional leadership teams. Your feedback is paramount to helping us better serve and care for our current and future residents and their families.

The Atrium at Faxon Woods

Care for my aunt

I like that my aunt is in this community and doing well. Everything is designed for memory care, from the lighting, to the open spaces and design.
We like that they do offer different care level packages based on the needs of the residents. She is happy with the meals and the variety. There are activities offered all day and she does enjoy participating. The community is clean, secure, and well maintained. the staff is always nice and very caring. We would recommend this community for the care and the value.

All Is Well

Very nice place for my husband. Everything is going very well, and I'am pleased with his move to this community. The staff is caring and helpful. He is being provided with good care, and all is well.

Memory Care done right

The best people treating the best people with love and respect. The expansive indoor and outdoor opportunities, the delicious food, and the feeling of home, friends and family made my mom happier than she had been in years. With great programs and available in house services: (dentistry, medical, hairdressing and finally hospice), there was no better place for my mom. Go visit and you will see!

Home Sweet Home!!

My experience in this community was very positive. The staff was very knowledgeable and very caring. During my tour we got the opportunity to experience the connection that happens between the staff and residents during the activities it was really good. The set up of the community is great. A very recommendable place for a loved one

Great atmosphere for dementia residents...

Staff extremely welcoming and helpful, very communicative, the facility is open and airy, beautifully done secure outside area, attention to detail, great SNF alternative for dementia residents, well worth a tour...

A Nice Community My Tour Went Well

My tour of this community was a good one, I enjoyed it. This is a nice community with friendly people. It has a good atmosphere. The staff was informative and answered my questions. The community looked nice and clean. It was a nice tour.

Nice place

Overall our experience with The Atrium has been a good one. The facility itself is well maintained and well decorated, and I like that the interior feels open and airy. The staff is friendly, they do a good job looking out for the residents, and the food seems pretty good. It's a nice place, overall.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for your opinion! We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Feel free to contact us ([removed]) if we can ever be of assistance to you and your family.

Home

When we toured the home we realized how close it was to our home and we immediately felt like we were at home. This is a very nice, quiet community.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you! It feels like home to us also.

There has been a high rate of staff turnover since my family member took up residence. It is not the same. Generally, the staff is nice and caring. Unfortunately, most residents are bored in the afternoon/evenings. The staff are not active w/the residents. The food leaves a lot to be desired ~ hot meals are lukewarm; not offered beverages, same thing day in/out; they charge family to eat there....ridiculous $$ for what is served. For the cost of residence, family should be able to eat for free when visiting. I will say that housekeeping is very good~clean, laundry done BUT does not always make it back to the right resident. YOU must be aware-things get lost/stolen...don't keep anything of value in the rooms. It is what it is and serves the purpose needed but very sad. It is not the worst place but for the money could use improvements or cut in cost.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

We are very sorry for the experiences you’ve had at The Atrium at Faxon Woods. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care our residents receive, is extremely important to us. Please contact the Executive Director ([removed]) regarding your concerns as it is our goal to not only customize care to the particular needs of each individual resident, but to also ensure their utmost safety and security.

The staff is so friendly and caring..

My husband has been there for about a month. I like it. I love the set up of it. He was in assisted living at one point for 3 years. The staff is so friendly and caring. That's what I get out of it. The residents are encouraged not to be in their rooms. I would recommend The Atrium at Faxon Woods to anyone because it has been a great experience. Everything has been excellent. It's a nice community with nice people.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for sharing. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please let us know ([removed]) if there is anything we can ever do for you and your family.

Very friendly and professional staff

Overall things have gone well with The Atrium. Generally we have been happy with the care and services they've provided, although sometimes I feel like they could improve their methods of communication. I often don't feel like messages don't always make it through the chain of command to the person they need to get to. But otherwise everything has been good. The staff are all very friendly and personable, and they have all sorts of activities to keep the residents active and engaged.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for your thoughts. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

I would not recommend this place.

Mom fell the first night she was there and two more times within the first few weeks, the last time fracturing her pelvis! She spent more time in the hospital than at the facility. They had assessed her before we moved her there and said that they could adequately supervise her. What a joke! We feel it was a total sales job just to get the money.

Very good experience overall, some issues

Overall we were very happy with what this community provided. The staff were almost all very friendly and helpful, and the facility itself is clean and nice looking. They have a good amount of activities, although I wish they'd fill out their schedule a bit more, there was still a good deal of down time, and sometimes activities would be cancelled or rescheduled on short notice.
We were very happy with the end of life service my Mom received, the nurses were caring and attentive. I really can't speak highly enough of that service.
One area they could stand to improve is their nighttime staffing, every location I visited had very limited staff available after hours.

Review of The Atrium at Faxon Woods

From the moment we made contact with the Atrium at Faxon Woods, it felt like a place where my mom would get the care and attention she needs. She has Altzheimer's and is in a wheel chair, so she really needs all of her personal needs taken care of by another. I was surprised by how much they are able to do for my mother! After she broke her hip and could not rehab in order to learn to walk again, I was sure she would be in a nursing home for the rest of her life. That is not what I learned after seeing the Atrium!

This is a wonderful place a...

This is a wonderful place and Bernadette has been extremely helpful. Still considering...

It is what it is

With my wife's unique medical needs we wanted a place that was close to home and where I could be there with her too. There were only two places that met our needs but the Atrium was the only one that would offer more care services if she requried them. The other place would have put her in a nursing home, which we did not want. I do not fault the Atrium for their activities or care services, the score is lower because of our unique situation and inability to utilize everything. The value is what it is, you don't get a choice in what you pay.

Very friendly staff. Clean environmen...

Very friendly staff. Clean environment. But, all residents have memory loss. This would not be a good fit for my mother. Also, "apartments" were very small...just a bed, bathroom and small closet. It felt very much like a nursing home.

The Atrium at Faxon Woods is an assisted living residence designed exclusively to serving the needs of individuals with memory loss. Our goal, in everything we do, is to create an environment that feels safe and familiar, empowering and fulfilling.

Each detail of our unique, single story residence is the result of our efforts to create an environment that helps residents maintain their independence and continue to lead safe and rewarding lives. "Neighborhoods" create home-like social groupings and encourage interaction and activity participation, while indoor space is arranged to facilitate easy maneuvering and cue action through visual orientation.

The Harbor helps people with Alzheimer's and other memory impairments stay active and engaged, supported by a caring staff, specialized programs, and a neighborhood designed just for them.

The unique design of the Harbor neighborhood helps to promote independence, with comfortable lighting, and cues to help residents find their way.