Kind Staff!!

I have recently been staying at this community for a short respite stay and I have no complaints of how things are going. I have been improving each day from my surgery and am looking to return home shortly. I thought the staff have done a great job with meeting my needs and making sure I am comfortable. They do have a great activity program and i have had no problems with the meals they have been serving me three times a day.

It is a bright, friendly and active place for someone who needs assistance.

The Best Fit and Experienced Manager

A month ago my mom became a resident of Atria Marina Place. Since then the staff have been fantastic and very helpful in any way. She loves the meal that are very good and tasty. Down the board everything is great here. The manager is not new and experienced and that is what I like to know. The residents and atmosphere match my mom's personality and the community was the best fit.

Care for my aunt

This is a great community. The staff was very friendly. We were looking for more care services offered in-house. The meals appeared to be the good variety. They offer a lot of great activities to all the residents who are able to participate. The community is very clean and maintained. We like the tour and would recommend other families to see this community for the care of a loved one.

Current resident and family experience

A family member recently signed a residency agreement with Atria. It is a safe, clean, and friendly community. It is very pricey when compared to other A.L. facilities with similar features. This is primarily due to the fact that they price care levels separate from rent pricing and don't hold themselves accountable for demonstrating the hours of care provided / for the level of fees charged. In this pricing model, residents inevitably overpay based on the assistance "level" your loved one requires. This is a very arbitrary calculation and pricing method. The level and cost is dependent on the activities the resident needs assistance with, regardless of the effort expended by the aides. For this reason, we will likely look at alternate facilities this upcoming year.

Kate Vance

Thank you for being a part of the Atria family and for taking the time to reach out. I encourage you to connect directly with our Executive Director to discuss your concerns and ask questions about our care levels. They’ll be in the best position to assist you.

Good Community Overall

My tour of this community was a nice one. The community looked nice and clean. The staff was pretty kind and friendly. It is pretty nice community. budget was an important factor, and their prices were expensive. Overall it is a good community, and my tour went well.

Recommendable Community

My sister is happy with her new community. She is absolutely loves the food which is excellent! Everything in the facility is very nice and very clean, I have no complaints. The staff have been very helpful and excellent always.

One of the best places in the Boston area!!!

My brother is doing well since moving into Atria Marina Place. I have not had a lot of interaction with the staff but my brother seems to like them. There is a good variety of food and it tastes good. The community is clean and well maintained. He does participate in many different activities. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

Long distance move

We have loved our experience at Atria at Marina Place - and my mother absolutely loves it. She is using the respite furniture until her furniture is delivered - and it has worked out well.

They did not do what they said they were going to do

If you need help, it's not very good. My Mother went in there needing mental assistance and they did not do what they said they were going to do. They would never remind her to put her hearing aids in and her dentures and I would go there and she would be trying to eat without her dentures. They never reminded her to do the things she needed to do. They did not do what they were supposed to do. I would go there and her hair was not even combed. They did move her to the dementia side and I feel that she is getting more individualized care there. I feel like they promised us the sun, the moon and the stars and then did not deliver.

Katy Miller

We’re very sorry to learn that you feel your mother’s experience has room for improvement but we’re dedicated to exceeding her expectations and have shared your concerns with our Ieadership team. Please feel free to share anything else with us at [removed].

Tremendous Care

She has just been there for about a month now and the first month was very good. The housekeeping seems to slip a little bit, but I think it's resolved now, but that's the only thing that has kept it down. The care is tremendous. I am not dissatisfied at all. The people are very congenial. Everyone talks to her and says hi and makes her feel welcomed.

So far so good. My Aunt has been at Marina Place for about 6 weeks. I am very happy about how closely she is supervised and assisted throughout the day. She seems contented and calm. People are very friendly and helpful.

We are very happy with the Atria.

We are very happy with the Atria. The food has been quite good. They make everything in house, really I think they do a pretty good job, for an institutional setting. We really have been pretty pleased with them.

Things couldn't be better!

The moment I walked in there I had a great feeling, and it has even far surpassed my expectations. The residents are always smiling. All the staff is friendly and thoughtful. My mom was angry and resistant at first, but now she is smiling and loving it. She's a happy and things couldn't be better!

Great for memory care

My mom was living at another assisted living setting for 4 months. We came to realize that it was not the right place for her. The last 2 weeks we began to worry for her safety, we knew that we had to find a new place for her to live quickly. She needed memory care. We visited Atria on a Wednesday and 5 days later she moved in. They could not have been more accommodating, they did all they could to help. Mom has been there for 1 week and she is happy and we know she is safe. So far everything is great.

In the middle of nowhere. N...

In the middle of nowhere. Nice facility, though intimidating large. Shuttle or taxi from N. Quincy. Will not take my father.

Kate Vance

Thank you for visiting our community. I am sorry that our location was not convenient for your father. If we can be of further help or you would like information about our other locations in the area, please contact us at [removed] and be sure to include Atria Marina Place in the subject line.

Was not impressed

This a community that my Mom stayed at, and I was not impressed with the care they provided. They seemed understaffed and overworked, it was a large facility and the ratio of aides to residents was not high. They only had one nurse on staff, and that was only for a portion of the day. It was a nice looking place, and everyone was friendly enough, though. They also had a very good selection of activities, it was always very busy.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your feedback on your Mother's stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed our activities and friendly staff, but regret that you were unhappy with the number of aides at our community. We always welcome the opportunity to connect with family members as they can provide valuable insight to help us maintain Atria's high standards. If you are willing, please contact us directly at [removed] and be sure to include "Atria Marina Place" in the subject line or call [removed].

Pleasantness and Cleanliness

The first and foremost reason that my mom and I choose “Atria Marina Place” was because of the visual pleasantness and cleanliness of the way that they looked. Even thought they are very clean they don’t have a hospital feel to them, mom says that they feel more like a hotel than a hospital. They are a newer model of assisted living care and close to family like my brother and sister so it’s easier to visit mom. I can’t say enough about how great the people are whether it’s the people who work in the office, the nurse or the others that help out. They are always ready to help. Mom has made some new friends and gets along well with the other residence. The food is excellent and taste great, they have a big variety to choose from and I’m pleasantly pleased to see that my mom is eating much better. They have a beautician on site that mom loves to go to. Mom was thrilled that they had a Podiatrist come in she thinks that it was the best thing of all time. All in all mom is happy right now and very positive, she is doing a great job of embracing the situation herself. Mom says that she gives the friendly of the staff a Five Star Plus.

Lovely facility

Lovely facility

apts TOO SMALL! 600 sq ft, etc. to...

apts TOO SMALL! 600 sq ft, etc. too urban kinda expensive unless it's more than a buy in community? RENTAL I believe

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your feedback on our community. We offer a choice of studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments for rent on a month-to-month basis, complemented by several spacious common areas, including dining and living rooms, a library, a country kitchen, a pub and an activities room. Special conveniences include a beauty salon and barbershop and scheduled local transportation to appointments, errands and other outings. Our residents seem to enjoy the close proximity to Boston, just 10 minutes away. Included in the rent are three delicious meals daily and more than 250 monthly activities. We welcome your questions at any time. If we can be of further assistance, contact us at [removed] and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

talked with director really enjoyed c...

talked with director really enjoyed conversation. Feels that brother is right parents need to be where family can be around when emergency happens. People who CARE to support us. aka brothers, your mom and dad. this is first choice.

At Atria Marina Place, you’ll find a welcoming senior community just 10 minutes from Boston on the seaside enclave of Marina Bay. Invite friends and family to enjoy the fresh breeze coming from the water or participate in one of more than 250 monthly activities.

Atria Marina Place offers a choice of studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments, complemented by a variety of common areas, including dining and living rooms, a library, a country kitchen, a pub and an activities room. Special conveniences include a beauty/barber shop, a general store and scheduled local transportation to medical appointments as well as shopping, luncheons and special interest trips, just to name a few.