Windrose at Weymouth - South Weymouth, MA

A community tour for care

We like the staff and the rooms here. The community has two levels and we wanted one level. This would be a good choice for families who want different living space for different levels of care. The food looked to be very appealing. We liked the cleanliness of the community. The activities would have been of great help for her. Only down side was that the activities area seem small and a bit cramped. We recommend the care and value to other families at this community

Nice looking place

I toured this facility when I was loo...

I toured this facility when I was looking into care options for my loved one. It is a brand new facility, and it is very nice looking. It is also very expensive, much more so than the option I ended up choosing. I was also somewhat put off by the sales staff, they were very polite but their "niceness" just felt very sales-y and not genuine.

Yvette Morse

I apologize if I or my staff felt "sales-y", sometimes what feels genuine to one person may not feel that way to others. I am glad that you found an option that met your budget, however we have remedied the pricing issue by bringing on a low income program that assists families with limited income/assets.

Great experience

Dad is moving to Monarch homes and I found it to be just what I was looking for for my him. The colors, activity schedule (he loves walks in the fresh air) and the great food (we had a yummy grilled cheese for lunch on our tour!) met my needs. If you want experienced staff in a place that helps - not just houses - people with dementia, then go to Monarch Homes.

Love it!

My mother will be moving it to Monarch Homes of Weymouth this week. I found the building to be brilliantly laid out, with beautiful accommodations. The thoughtfulness in the design, and philosophy of care are what made us choose this place. We had lunch with the staff and were pleasantly surprised by the outstanding meal and service.

No pets. Only one occupant....

No pets. Only one occupant. Near bus line. Very hard to judge an empty facility. Facade would make Ma hang herself. Rooms very small. No private bathing area. Meals taken with staff for monitoring. No trips to Boston - they stay local.

Yvette Morse

There is a reason that we do not allow pets, aside from allergies that staff and resident may have. As a Memory Care Community, the care of the pets would fall to staff as most dementia is progressive and resident may forget to feed, walk and groom their pets. We were newly opened in December and indeed had only one resident at that time. There are apartments available with private full baths, as well as those with half baths for those residents who may need more assistance with bathing. We have found that some residents would potentially flood an apartment with a shower in it, not to mention the fall and burn risk if they were to attempt a shower on their own. We do indeed use local venues for our excursions outside the community.

The Windrose: A welcoming beacon guiding sailors home. Ensuring safe passage through the changing currents of our lives.

The Windrose at Weymouth, serving the South Shore, is the area’s premier residence for people with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or other memory impairments. Our campus is well-located in East Weymouth, adjacent to the South Shore Hospital grounds. This convenient setting is a wonderful therapeutic benefit to our residents, creating a perfect backdrop for a healthy and happy lifestyle.

Our Reflections Memory Care is renowned for its “Four Pillars of Engagement ” approach, and benefits from our partnership with Brigham & Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School.

A stunning residence serving
Weymouth, Abington, Braintree, Hingham,
Holbrook, Quincy, Rockland,
and other fine communities.