Grove Manor Estates - Braintree, MA

Grove Manor Braintree Review

I love the Grove Manor in Braintree for my mother. I was very concerned and worried about if I was doing the right thing about placing my mother in the memory care unit at Grove Manor. I soon realized how much she needed it and the care she gets is exceptional. The activities director there treats each resident as if they are her own parents. She is continually keeping them active with crafts, parties, music, etc... The staff from the receptionist to the CNA's, the nursing staff, the director and so on are wonderful people. The residence is clean, well run, organized and most of all warm hearted. I couldn't be more please with Grove Manor in Braintree, MA

[Removed] was lovely and the building seemed nice -the secure floor seems to be an afterthought as there are no outdoor options for them (porches, etc) The memory unit is quite small and the people have quite advanced memory loss. I like that it is a family-owned business, but [Removed] made it quite clear that many people cannot stay here until end of life. I want my mom who is 93 in a place where she can live until the end of life -This is not for her.

Class Act

My mother needed to move out of her home that she had lived in for 60 years and spent more than two years visiting possible residences. Grove Manor is expensive, but proves the saying, "You get what you pay for." The buildings are elegantly and tastefully decorated and the buildings and grounds are beautifully maintained. The residents are friendly and welcoming to newcomers. There are 60 people living in the independent living building, the Glen, which is small enough so that everyone knows your name and large enough to provide social interaction. They offer a variety of activities and trips, listed on a weekly schedule. The apartments are spacious and light-filled. There are so many services included that it is like living in a hotel, but with neighbors. The food in the dining room is consistently excellent, and the young people who serve the residents are kind, cheerful, and helpful. All of the staff we have encountered are genuinely caring and respectful of the residents.

A great place for Seniors

My ( now 98 year old) mom has been there about 10 years.
1st in their Independant Living section,"The Glenn" in her studio apt there. Then around 7 years ago, needing more care, to a studio in "The Grove" section . Now in the "Woodlands" section for Alshiemers & others, needing more care. I can't say enough good things about them.

Cost varies widely depending on which section & which accomedations within those sections. ie 2 bedroom, 1 bedroom or studio.

Clean and friendly, but expensive

I can't say anything too bad about Grove Manor estates except it was way too expensive. This facility is four stories and has a lot of permanent residents. River Bay Club offers similar services for $1500 less, however it is three times the size of Grove Manor. Grove Manor had problems involving our loved one in social activities or even meals in the dining room. The monthly rate here includes meals in the dining rooms, however, if you have a loved one who orders it delivered to their room there are additional charges. We would have preferred more of an effort on the staff's part to not allow for room service when our loved one needed social interaction. Beyond that I prefer the size of this community, it is just too expensive.

Great Community

This is a great community. We really liked this community but it was too expensive for our budget. The community is very nice and beautiful. They provided excellent care and the staff was very friendly. If money is not a big concern then I would recommend this community.