The Atrium at Cardinal Drive - Agawam, MA

Poor aides

Very clean and awesome staff. However staff is under paid. The residents can be very difficult. I as a family member pay way too much and the poor aides is under paid. How does that work!?!

Would not Recommend

I would not recommend it this community to anybody. It was a not a good experience, and there are many things this community need to improve on. The communication was very nonprofessional. I have ran a business, and this is unprofessional community. I was not happy with my husbands stay at this community.

Let's Talk!

The staff here is great and they are very nice. They have been trying to do everything they can to make sure that my loved one is comfortable. However, I did have a huge problem with the medication that my loved one received. It was not right and my loved one fell and broke an arm. I feel there is just a communication problem, but it is being worked on.

Superb

Staff is professional and friendly. They make you feel welcomed and right at home. They went through all the steps with us to make sure the transition went well. We are very lucky and love it here. Other residents are also wonderful.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

One of the many benefits of being a senior living company is the ability to create moments that wow our family members. Thanks for your kind words!

This community was designed specifically for memory care so the layout is easy to navigate. Special consideration is paid to engage residents and the staff is very kind and friendly. Quite financially out of range for my family

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please call our Executive Director at [removed] if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

thrilled

We are thrilled with The Atrium. From the first time you walk in everyone is so pleasant and they really want to help. They welcome any question you and don't make you feel like they are put out. The staff are really good about walking you through the steps you need to know. It does not smell like a facility here, there is no odor. Everyone knows you by name. I have to say for the different places we have been they are extremely gracious. They are very accommodating. They have a lot of well coordinated activities for the Alzheimer's/dementia patients. No matter what issues we have come up with they have been very responsive. I am very pleased with this facility.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you! We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please contact our Executive Director ([removed]) if there is ever anything with which we can assist you and your family.

Very very nice, but also very expensive

This place is absolutely top class, and was one of the nicest looking places that we toured. Unfortunately it was also the most expensive. If I won the lottery this is definitely the place I would choose, the care they provide is absolutely top notch, and I know they'd be able to provide everything that it is possible to provide here.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for sharing. Your words mean everything to us. Please feel free to contact us ([removed]) if we can ever be of any help or to answer any questions at all. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion.

She is doing so well here!

She is doing so well here! It’s like she’s going to live for another 100 years.

They offer two food choices every day. They offer two field trips a months, for an additional cost of $20, but they are fun. They are arts and crafts. They’re doing a spring fling this week.

One thing we ran into trouble with was that we had a CT DNR we have to get a MA for it to be effective there. There is an initial $6000 fee.

Good, but a few inconveniences

I haven't visited the location myself, but I assisted in the search. The feedback I've received from my loved ones is that overall the community is a lovely place, and they are very friendly. They have had a few complaints about things, such as having to bring in nutritional supplements, or transportation for doctors visits, etc, needing to be arranged two weeks in advance.

Great, memory care only, place

They're amazing, that's all I can say. They have people who have worked there 5 and 15 years and I sit there with G and I just watch the whole milieu for an hour at a time and I know they're not showing off for me, they're happy to relate to them at whatever level they're on.
It's a great place, they're really good, they're on top of what's going on with her. The only issue is she had a problem with one of her toenails that maybe we should have heard about it sooner. Her husband had been diagnosed with lewy body dementia and had really gone down hill fast, we didn't have to hire any extra aids, they had the right equipment, they did the two person transfers, the care when he was here was really good, it was better than the 24 hour aids in many ways.
Pretty much everybody there is out in the common areas most of the time and the place is designed for people specifically with memory issues and it's quite spacious out of the ones we looked at. It doesn't have a sort of medical feel to it, the staff aren't allowed to wear medical uniforms, they were regular clothes and they have a very active staff. A month ago they had a Hawaiian luau, they invited all the families to go and they have a monthly support group also.

Very nice facility. Perfect for the s...

Very nice facility. Perfect for the stage my Dad is in, but probably not my Mom (yet). Because of the size of the apartments, it would be a difficult transition.

Care at this facility was more advanc...

Care at this facility was more advanced than currently needed. Director was very friendly & took us to Orchard Valley in Wilbraham... which was friendly and lots of activities - Y swim close by. Orchard Valley is probably one of our top choices...

Clean, cheerful, bright. The staff we...

Clean, cheerful, bright. The staff were friendly. This is a locked facility and I don't think mom would feel comfortable at this point in time with the locked doors to enter and leave.

The Atrium at Cardinal Drive is an assisted living residence designed exclusively to serving the needs of individuals with memory loss. Our goal, in everything we do, is to create an environment that feels safe and familiar, empowering and fulfilling.

Each detail of our unique, single story residence is the result of our efforts to create an environment that helps residents maintain their independence and continue to lead safe and rewarding lives. "Neighborhoods" create home-like social groupings and encourage interaction and activity participation, while indoor space is arranged to facilitate easy maneuvering and cue action through visual orientation.

The Harbor Program helps people with Alzheimer's and other memory impairments stay active and engaged, supported by a caring staff, specialized programs, and a neighborhood designed just for them.

The unique design of the Harbor neighborhood helps to promote independence, with comfortable lighting and cues to help residents find their way.