Armbrook Village - Westfield, MA

$4525/mo; studio and 1 bdrm apts; one time $1500 community fee; optional services additional cost (medication mgt, laundry svs, guest meals, salon, telephone, cable and internet) PACE accepted but not Medicaid/MassHealth

The Only Place

My mom is having a great time here and she loves it. They were the best fit because It was the only place that could take a dog, She did not want to get rid of her dog.They had a 1st floor apartment available to take her dog out. From what we have tried the meals are really good. The staff are very friendly. Activities are planned out and the community is kept clean. All is good for her.

Nice friendly environment!!

My mother is doing the best that she can on making the adjustment into this community. the staff are very friendly and have been attentive to my loved ones needs. She said there could be a little improvement on the food they serve. It is a mediatrian diet so its a little different then what she is used to with the different spices and flavors.

Taking Good of My Wife and Her Needs

My wife is doing very well here at this community. I know she is safe and being cared for well. They have a great staff here, they are caring for her well. The community looks great, everything is well maintained. Everything has worked out very well for us here. This is a community I would highly recommend.

Beautiful community!

We enjoyed the tour of Armbrook Village. The staff were friendly and were able to address all of my concerns. The community was very well kept and clean throughout. The community is very nice and was a good option for our loved one.

Helpful Supportive Staff

The community looks great and they keep the place very nice and clean. The staff is helpful, they are doing a good job caring for my mother. There are activities for her when she is ready to participate. She says the food is okay. She is still adjusting and the staff has been great with helping her to adjust.

Transition experience

There are many emotions involved when the decision is made to leave a private style of living in a home.
Considering moving to a senior retirement facility, involved touring several facilkties, and comparing the pros and cons of each. In my home, the main topic of conversation ,with my son and his wife,for many months, was, size of living quarter, activities, transportation,and, menus that offer flexibility of ingedients to accomodate an allergy.
We agreed that we searched and researched enough. The facility that met my needs was, and still is, Armbrook Village.
Griendlyness s a key word here. Smiles and offers to help from both staff and residents are encountered constantly.
It has been an easy transistion.

excellent

Armbrook Village was excellent. It was all a positive experience here. I was very pleased. I have no complaints or improvements they could have made.

I would give them a five and a half.

I would give them a five and a half. They moved here from their home of fifty years, so it was a big move. When I visited and I asked them the million dollar question, "Did we make the right decision?", they told me yes. That really sealed it, they are happy there.

New, clean, lovely facility. Draw back of memory unit is the price. They do have PACE program but income over the [removed] mthly limit. Based on savings could only be there 1 year max.

way too far out of our way. was not impressed by the facility. the memory care unit had a strange odor and some of the rooms were right off the kitchen. it seemed cramped and crowded.

only thing that I would say needs improving is the food

The only thing that I would say needs improving is the food at Armbrook Village. Everything is just really great. The care of the staff, the consideration, and activities. It was a hard adjustment for my mom at first as she left the home she lived in for 74 years, but she now really sees the advantage of being there. I am really pleased with that.

Very nice place!

It was a wonderful community with a thoughtful program. We were so impressed with the options available. They were compassionate, sensible people. They are able to accommodate peoples protections, vulnerability, and medical needs. They are able to preserve peoples independence and dignity. The person we met with, Alisha, was very patient. They have everything from total independence to total supervision. The only downside is that the assisted living portion is a little out of our price range.

Nice place, overall

Armbrook Village is a very nice place overall. The facility is clean and well kept, and feels more like a nice hotel than a "facility". The staff are all very friendly and helpful, and they do a great job looking after the residents. The food seems good, and they also have a variety of social activities. I'd highly recommend them, they do a great job here.

Armbrook was a significant distance out of town, and there are no places a resident might visit by walking. Stark exterior, but very nice inside. The one bedroom was very spacious and quite comfortable. The studio was nicely sized and did not feel cramped. Menu was very nice, and the diet was well organized. With only two meals a day available, this seems a limitation. There were

Review of Armbrook Village Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Westfield, MA

I really like the facility, storage is a big problem, but I'm sure there are ways around that.

Very nice looking community

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This is a very nice looking place, and was our number 2 choice overall out of the places we saw. It is a very nice looking community, and the staff and the care they provide both seem extremely good. This price was also affordable compared to some others we saw. It was a bit on the expensive side for respite care, however, which is what we were investigating at the time.
They do an excellent job with the food here, they serve an excellent Mediterranean diet selection.

I like the affiliation with the Boston University School of Medicine Alzheimer Disease Center.

I find their use of the term Mediterranean diet isn't exactly accurate, it's healthy but not Mediterranean. Maybe modified Mediterranean would be more accurate. We chose them primarily on location and price, but also the friendliness and approach of the executive staff. I also like the affiliation with the Boston University School of Medicine Alzheimer Disease Center.

We are very happy with this community. It's very clean. It's a brand new community and they are still learning but they are well put together. The girls are nice, but everyone is nice. They are very easy to work with. The residents all seem very happy. They do a good job with activities. The food is very nice and they have nice table settings. The courtyard is really nice too. And if you mention that you came in because of my review (Don W.), let them know and I sent you! ;)

I liked that everyone was happy, and the warm cozy feeling I got.

They are doing a pretty good job. I don't have any complaints, the only things I can come up with would be petty. I like their connection to Boston University. I liked that everyone was happy, and the warm cozy feeling I got. I liked how they seemed genuinely caring.

The food is excellent.

The food is excellent. They have a lot of activities but I think they need a few more things geared toward the men. I liked it when I toured because, it was very new, and clean, and I liked the way the staff really went out of their way for my dad. I did like the range of activities and things that they offered.

Doing a great job here!

So far we've been very pleased with the service here! It was a big decision for our loved one to decide to move in to a community, and he was very against it at first. After visiting he selected this place, and so far seems to be doing great! He's really been enjoying the food.

The staff is wonderful really, truly wonderful

Armbrook Village just opened about two months ago, so like any new business the staff to resident ratio hasn't been figured out yet. But as they get more residents they plan on hiring more employees. They could use a second person for planning acitivies now, but in three months they should be better. There is a lot of stuff to do outside, physical activites residents can participate in, a putting green, bocce courts, raised garden beds. It's not just sitting around playing cards activities, like where my mom previousily was. She loves her apartment, it is the perfect size for her. The food is fantastic. I have not met one employee I didn't like. She really, really likes it here. We are very, very happy, and just hope that they hirer more staff for activities and care services sooner rather than later.

Armbrook Village offers seniors a secure, supportive and independent lifestyle.

The community features both independent and assisted living options as well as a state-of-the-art Compass Memory Support Neighborhood® featuring innovative, research-based programming for those with memory loss developed in affiliation with the Boston University School of Medicine Alzheimer’s Disease Center.

Armbrook Village’s 122 rental apartments are among the largest in the area. The community is located in Westfield MA, in the heart of the Pioneer Valley just minutes from the Mass Pike and Route 91.

Residents enjoy an enriching, supportive lifestyle with personalized services, innovative EnrichedLIFE programming, a fine dining experience featuring our award-winning Brain Healthy Cooking Program, and upscale amenities including a country kitchen, putting green, bocci court, pub, chapel, movie theater and full service salon.