We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
Tarrytowne Estates is an affordable all-inclusive retirement community, conveniently located minutes from shops, restaurants and hospitals. We offer a variety of amenities to simplify your life, including 3 chef-prepared meals daily, heated outdoor swimming pool, fun daily activities, on-site beauty salon and free transportation, so you can all enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow. We believe you deserve to enjoy a carefree lifestyle surrounded by warm and caring managers, staff and residents. We pride ourselves on offering you choices that allow you to live your life the way you want. It’s a simple concept that means you can take control of your time, find comfort in your surroundings, and be part of a community of friends and neighbors. In addition to its wonderful location and gorgeous landscaping, Tarrytowne Estates residents enjoy the finest benefits in our affordable community. Our Award-Winning Executive Chef prepares three meals a day which are served at your table of choice in our elegant dining room. Additional accommodations include: * Fun Social Activities and Outings: Access a full activity calendar including games, exercise, Wii Bowling, Bingo, trip days, movies and much more! *Events and Celebrations: Monthly senior-friendly events and themed celebrations including entertainment and Chef-Prepared refreshments.* Transportation: We offer local transportation for shopping trips, doctor’s appointments and other scheduled activities and events! * Weekly Housekeeping Service: Enjoy your own personal housekeeper who will clean, vacuum, do light dusting, change your linens and bring you toilet tissue weekly.* Caring Live-In Managers Available to You 24/7: You’ll have peace of mind knowing that our resident mangers live here too. In addition, each apartment has an emergency communication system and all residents are provided with an emergency alert pendant. Residents can enjoy all that Tarrytowne has to offer, plus 30 upgraded one and two bedroom apartments with brand new and upgraded appliances, cabinets, carpets, heating/AC and more.
"Tarrytowne Estates in Houston, Texas, is an example of Texas assisted living luxury at pocket-friendly prices. With its location in one of the most exciting and dynamic cities in the United States, nothing can beat the value for the money.
Houston is an amazing city with virtually endless possibilities for fun and friends. With a vibrant community that is always changing and growing, but people with a small-town mindset, it won't be long until new residents feel right at home.
- Background: Houston was founded in 1836 along the banks of Buffalo Bayou and named after Sam Houston, the president of the Republic of Texas. Since that time, Houston has become the fourth most populous city in the United States.
- Walkability score: The average walkability score in Houston sits at around 80 percent, making it very accessible and fun to stroll through.
- Age: The average age of people living in Houston is 32.6 years old. Additionally, 9.5 percent of the people living in Houston are 65 or older.
- Senior Facilities: There are a horde of senior facilities in Houston which make it the ideal place to find the friends and help you need.
- Weather: The weather in Houston is classified as humid subtropical. August sees an average daily temperature of 84.6 degrees Fahrenheit while January sees an average temperature of 53.1 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Veterans: Houston has a large number of veterans' resources available to all its residents. Additionally, many business and restaurants in Houston offer discounts and deals for veterans to thank them for their service to our country.
Houston transportation is some of the most comprehensive and easily accessible in the United States. From ride sharing apps like Uber to specialty options like RIDES, everyone can find transportation at any time.
- Rides: Specialized Transportation for Harris County: RIDES provides non-emergency transportation services for the elderly and people with disabilities who cannot access METRO services or alternate transportation. Their information can be found here.
- METRO: The METRO in Houston and the surrounding area provides both bus and rail transportation to an extensive number of places at all times of the day.
- Uber: Any senior can catch a ride with Uber simply by downloading the app onto their phone and requesting a ride.
Health and Safety
Houston is home to some of the best hospitals and doctors in the United States, and arguably the world. With some of the brightest minds in medicine leading hospitals in the medical center downtown, anyone can find the help they need in Houston.
- Hospitals: Houston has so many hospitals it would be difficult to list them all. With leading specialists in every area from cardiology to cancer, Houston has the medical help seniors may need.
- Crime: Houston crime is higher than both the Texas and national average, but there are many areas to live in with lower crime records, like the area Tarrytowne Estates is in.
Sports and Leisure
Houston is one of the most active cities in Texas and as such it is home to some of the finest golf and tennis courses in the region. There are also innumerable gyms where seniors can stay fit.
- Golf courses: There are numerous golf courses in the Houston area. One course worth noting is the Memorial Park Golf Course and Driving Range, which allows anyone to play a round of golf in downtown Houston.
- Tennis courts: There are so many courts in Houston that listing them would be futile. Simply search for a course nearest to a location, and there's no way to be disappointed.
- Gyms and recreation: Houston is home to senior activity centers like Revitalize Senior Fitness or the Memorial Athletic Club and Aquatic Center where seniors can keep fitness a part of their daily routine. The YMCA also offers classes.
Shopping and Entertainment
Houston is home to some of the finest shopping in the United States in addition to some amazing food.
- Clothes shopping: Houston is home to malls like the Galleria River Oaks Plaza.
- Grocery shopping: With all of the Krogers, HEBs, Randalls and smaller stores around town, picking up groceries is easy.
- Restaurants: Houston is home to some culinary masterpieces that bring all diners on a gastronomical journey. For the quick bite, nearly everything imaginable can be found in the city. Simply search online and the results will overwhelm.
- Movie Theaters: Houston is home to a large number of movie theaters, so the newest hit is only a few minutes away from any location in Houston.
- Libraries: Houston is home to libraries of all kinds, so finding the best book for that lazy weekend is never a chore.
- Salons: There are numerous salons in Houston and many of them offer senior discounts.
- Attractions: Houston will keep anyone busy with its festivals, sports games, concerts and more.
Houston is supportive of people from all religions and as such has facilities for people of all denominations to utilize.
- Facilities: Houston has a facility for every religion. So whatever the needs are, they can be accommodated.