Tarrytowne Estates is an affordable all-inclusive retirement community, conveniently located minutes from shops, restaurants and hospitals. We offer a variety of amenities to simplify your life, including 3 chef-prepared meals daily, heated outdoor swimming pool, fun daily activities, on-site beauty salon and free transportation, so you can all enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow. We believe you deserve to enjoy a carefree lifestyle surrounded by warm and caring managers, staff and residents. We pride ourselves on offering you choices that allow you to live your life the way you want. It’s a simple concept that means you can take control of your time, find comfort in your surroundings, and be part of a community of friends and neighbors. In addition to its wonderful location and gorgeous landscaping, Tarrytowne Estates residents enjoy the finest benefits in our affordable community. Our Award-Winning Executive Chef prepares three meals a day which are served at your table of choice in our elegant dining room. Additional accommodations include: * Fun Social Activities and Outings: Access a full activity calendar including games, exercise, Wii Bowling, Bingo, trip days, movies and much more! *Events and Celebrations: Monthly senior-friendly events and themed celebrations including entertainment and Chef-Prepared refreshments.* Transportation: We offer local transportation for shopping trips, doctor’s appointments and other scheduled activities and events! * Weekly Housekeeping Service: Enjoy your own personal housekeeper who will clean, vacuum, do light dusting, change your linens and bring you toilet tissue weekly.* Caring Live-In Managers Available to You 24/7: You’ll have peace of mind knowing that our resident mangers live here too. In addition, each apartment has an emergency communication system and all residents are provided with an emergency alert pendant. We’ve expanded… Introducing The Monarch at Tarrytowne Estates – Brand New Luxury Apartments. Residents can enjoy all that Tarrytowne has to offer, plus 30 upgraded one and two bedroom apartments with brand new and upgraded appliances, cabinets, carpets, heating/AC and more.

Lovely property with outdoor pool. Staff are friendly & genially care about residents. Residents observed were having fun & laughing. Separate buildings with covered walkways to main building - weather exposure. Although complex is old, room sizes are large and management willing to make some upgrades.

Keith Oldoni

Thank you for your review.We are older in history,but we are new in building quality relationships.The property was designed with mobility in mind.Walk on the beautiful grounds,get fresh air,sit and have a great conversation with your friendly neighbors.We feel like a resort with a family values.Our core mission is to provide the best environment to facilitate quality retirement living for every residents.We look forward to serving you and your loved ones.

A good fit for my parents

My parents are very happy at Tarrytowne Estates they love it there and the staff is very friendly, they do keep in touch with me as my father is under Hospice care there. The pricing fits within my parents budget range. They have the studio apt with utilities included. My mom does enjoy going to the dining room and the food is very food. they also deliver their food to their apt for an extra $3.00 charge. The resident doctor service is great so my parents don't have to leave to see a doctor.
There is a shuttle service for the residents who would like to go shopping or on field trips and there are lots of activities for the residents as well.
I would definitely recommend Tarrytowne Estates to my family and friends.

Keith Oldoni

All of us here at Tarrytowne would like to thank you for your feedback.Our purpose is to provide a great community home for seniors.Our success is based upon providing the best comfort and services to your loved ones.Family is our motto which can be felt as soon as you walk through the doors.Each service and amenity is designed based upon what our residents need and want.Our success is their success. It can only happen if you work together.Please invite your friends and loved ones to experience Tarrytowne Estates for themselves.

My visit

This is a clean community and the people I met were nice. This community seems to offer a lot of nice amenities. I did not like that the doors to the apartments did not open to the outside.

Keith Oldoni

Thank you for your feedback.Our community resonates a warm and very friendly family atmosphere.We have a dedicated staff with upwards of 24 years committed to our residents.Most of the residents like being surrounded by their neighbors who develop close friendships. We are able to create this environment since each building is like a small group of neighbors.We are always welcome to suggestions.The entire team thanks you.

A good place to live

Things are going quite well since we moved into Tarrytowne. The food is good. The staff have been friendly and very helpful. They offer a lot of daily activities and the community is clean. I would recommend this community to anybody.

Keith Oldoni

We appreciate your feedback since we are always looking to do better. Tarrytowne is to provide affordable retirement living for those seeking an active environment.Its always for the residents that's why we believe "Family comes First"
The entire team thanks you for choosing Tarrtyowne Estates for your loved ones.

I found my new home here because upon arriving the love and warm feeling and felt from staff and others living here. The food is very good and the staff eager to serve and take care our needs. I would recommend this for anyone starting. Over I like my apartment. Everyone here is wonderful.

Keith Oldoni

Welcome to your new home.Our home is your home.We appreciate the comments from a new resident.This enables us to constantly improve what is important to our residents.Please know we are always here for you.Please bring your friends and family and introduce your new home to everyone.
Thank you from the entire team.

A great experience!!

I really like Terrytown Estates. My father in law mentioned that the food is good and he likes his apartment. We also really like the manager,[Removed]. He is always able to answer all of our questions and always returns our calls. He is very understanding.

Keith Oldoni

Thank you for your comments.We see our residents as family,so nothing gets passed over nor ignored.Our Food is the best in town which is so important for good nutrition and the foundation for great conversation.Thank you again for your sharing you comments and rest assure we will always call you back.

I found my new home here because upon arriving, the home and warm feeling I felt from the staff & others living here. The form is very great, the staff are eager to serve & take care of our needs. I would recommend Estates to anyone starting anew. I like my apt. Everyone here is wonderful

Keith Oldoni

We are happy you made Tarrytowne your home.Our mission is to create a rewarding, safe,active community which fosters quality retirement living.Our home is your home.The reason its home for all of us is because you choose to live with us.
Thank you from the entire staff here at Tarrytowne Estates

My wife and I have found this place to be all we thought it would be. There are so many activities we can't do them all. The staff are very helpful & attentive. The food is above average which is a lot more than what you would think. Can't say enough about here as we enjoy the other residents & the activities we all go on.

Keith Oldoni

We really appreciate your feedback.Our community is dedicated to our residents well being and quality retirement living.The number one reason our community is great is because of our residents.When you feel as being part of a large family its easy to enjoy a fun,safe,active home and look forward each day to a well thought out dinning venue.We are here for you.

This community has everything available that an older person would want on need. A bus for doctor appointments or to shop. Also a doctor is on call to he main building every week if you need him. There are activities every day for residents to take part in. Managers are always on hand if needed. Food is tasty and plentiful. Residents are friendly. Great place to live.

Keith Oldoni

Thank you for sharing you heart felt feelings. Tarrytowne is all inclusive to provide services and amenities that are very important for active retired seniors.Each and every one of our residents make Tarrytowne the wonderful place it is.Our commitment to provide exceptional food,fun activities and a safe living environment comes from over 30 years of learning what our residents want and need.We are here because you deserve it.

Herein I will discuss two retirement communities, but first I am a 75- year old widow who retired from a 50-year career as a litigation legal secretary. Until I was injured 2 years ago, my life was social, independent and physically active filled with participation in the arts and sports
venues, dating, fine dining, happy hours, shopping and volunteering.

[removed]

I lived at Treemont for about 2 years; however, I heard about Tarrytowne Estates from friends and began talking to [removed] every few months. With each conversation, I grew more intrigued with the possibility of living here instead, although finances seemed to make that impossible. Finally, I came over for a tour and met with [removed] who made me feel I had a built-in friend. And he explained the cost structure, which is amazing. The apartments are lovely and large, the atmosphere homey and comfortable, the fellowship warm and inviting. More important, however, is the staff. These people are unbelievably dedicated, hard-working to the extreme, and HAPPY. I don't know how they afford this level of assistance consistently, but credit the owners and onsite management with providing the proper motivation.

The food is wonderful, plentiful, beautifully presented, ordered individually and served to us, literally, by the kindest, sweetest and most accommodating servers in the world. You're made to feel they would drop everything and dash back to the kitchen to whip up whatever your heart desires. Overall, Tarrytowne has wrought something magnificent and unique, and living here feels like hitting the lottery. Thank you for my new and vastly improved life.

Nice facility for independent living. Many extras provided in the price.

Rebecca Whitfield

Thank you! We certainly try to make life here at Tarrytowne Estates as pleasant as possible by including many amenities such as three delicious meals daily, a well-rounded activity program, weekly housekeeping and of course friendly and welcoming staff. The health care agencies housed on the property make it possible to remain independent well into the twilight years.

The Community Is Wonderful

My mother-in-law loves this community and we love it too. The community is wonderful with wonderful staff. They are all friendly and outgoing with everyone. She has a studio apartment that comes with a refrigerator and microwave. This is perfect for her. I have already recommend this place to other people.

Rebecca Whitfield

We are so very happy to hear that your mother-in-law is pleased with Tarrytowne! Please be sure to take advantage of our family days and meal sharing with your loved one whenever you choose!

I am very happy!!

I really like everything about this place. I like my apartment, I get housekeeping once a week and they do a super job. I like the grounds and buildings. The staff is all very friendly and welcoming. The place is clean and they have a lot of activities going on at all times.

Rebecca Whitfield

We strive to make everyone happy here at Tarrytowne. Thank you so much for your kind words!

Outstanding Care

I am so happy that my friend is in a great community. She states that she can not be happier. The staff is wonderful and caring. She is really liking the food and variety of the meals that are served. She is participating in a lot of great activities that are offered. She feels like she is at a resort and would highly recommend other families to see this community for the care of a loved one.

Rebecca Whitfield

We are delighted that your friend came to live with us. Our staff and optional health services are top notch geared to provide exceptional service. Many places offer promises, we do, but we deliver. Our residents make Tarryttowne the special place it is. Now your friend has many new friends and we welcome you to enjoy sharing the good life here at Tarrytowne Estates.
Welcome to the Family
Sincerely
The management team.

Very friendly people!

My loved ones have only been here a short time, but overall our experience with Tarrytowne Estates has been a positive one! Everyone here, both the staff and the residents, have been exceedingly friendly and welcoming!

Rebecca Whitfield

All of us here at Tarrytowne Estated take pride in taking care of our residents.We treat each resident as an extended part of our family. The basis for a happy community is happy employees and the support of our owners. We are fortunate that we have every component in place ensuring that each resident is treated with respect,love,and providing a beautiful place to live. The entire team here thanks you for sharing what you feel and observe.

Nice place

Tarrytowne Estates is a very nice place! The accommodations are good, the food they serve is high quality, the staff is friendly, and they take good care of the residents. I would recommend them as being worth a look!

Rebecca Whitfield

We really appreciate your honest observations and recommendations. At Tarrytowne Estates our mission is to make sure our residents are happy,healthy and safe during their golden years.
Our staff and management have many years of experience and dedication to our residence and all seniors. Please give us an opportunity to take care of you or a loved one. Our belief is family comes first.

Tarrytowne is Family

I learned of Tarrytowne from a place for mom and got 3 phone calls from [Removed] inviting me to come in for lunch and a tour.When I saw the community,the apartment and learned of the move in offers,I decided this would be a great place for me.
I was looking for Smiling faces,happy people, friends, and lots of activities,as well as three home made meals a day within my budget.I have been here for 10 days and have already had my "wish list" filled.I love it here..I only wish I came here sooner.

Tarrytowne - a good choice

Tarrytowne felt like home the minute I walked in the door, and now that I've been here for 10 days, I made a good choice. Everyone I've met is happy here, and the activities offered are full of variety. The food is good too!

Rebecca Whitfield

Thank you for expressing your true feelings. We are happy and delighted that you chose Tarrytowne Estates as your new home. Our motto is "Family comes First"
You are now part of our family. All of us have many gifts to offer and you are a gift in itself.

It Is Going Fine

I am a resident of Tarrytowne Estates and it has been a going fine for me. The accommodation and service good. Overall I am doing good and feel fine.

Rebecca Whitfield

We are glad you are happy, but we need to know from you how we can get the additional 2 1/2 stars. Please tell the management team what we can do make Tarrytowne the best for you.

My brother and I were very impressed with Tarrytowne Estates...we reserved an apartment for our Mother here....with move in date of July 31st. I love the fish pond!

Rebecca Whitfield

Welcome to the Tarrytown family. Rest a sure mom will be safe and well taken care of so she can enjoy quality retirement living .
Our residents make Terrytown a great place to live .We are always here for you and your family.

I would recommend this community to family and friends!!!

The staff at Tarrytowne Estates is nice to the family and my dad. When we have lunch with him they let us have our own table. The food is good and they seem to have a wide variety of healthy choices. They are doing some remodeling but the community is kept clean. My dad enjoys the swing class they offer.

Rebecca Whitfield

We are so happy that you and your father are pleased with Tarrytowne! Thank you for the wonderful comments. We will be sure to let the dance class instructor know how much people are enjoying "swing".

Tarrytowne Estates is a wonderful community. While it didn't work for our family due to dementia problems that were worse than we thought, we met a lot of wonderful people, both residents and staff. The remodeling is making it even nicer! Activities are frequent and fun. Lots of choice in the dining room (and good food).

It's A Good Place To Live

I am now staying at this community which is always clean and very maintained. The staff are very much helpful and attentive, they even changed a faucet that I was having issues with. The food here is really good, there is a real chef and pastry baker, they make good food with fresh not canned items. I really appreciate this community for all they offer and do for me, I did not have the best experience before. I would very much recommend this community.

do your homework

Mother lived there from 2014- 2015 and was robbed by the daughter of a resident who was allowed to live on premises rent free with no lease at her parents apartment. She was a convicted felon out on parole. Local management hands were tied by "corporate" and it finally took me having the person arrested to keep her off the premises. Oh and my mother ended up passing away thanks to the trauma. I'm sure someone will reply to this posting and say they have all sorts of safety measures in place but even after the thief admitted to management she stole the drugs from my mother and had done so on several occasions they still let her stay. Once I caught her on camera she admitted she was the one who had been stealing the medication from my mother for over a year on and off.
Like many of the other reviews, I initially found the complex to be pretty and the apartments( the new ones at least) to be a good value for what you received. The location is a nice neighborhood. The food went downhill from when my mother 1st moved in but was still okay. I really liked the place until this situation happened and I hesitated to even post anything but the more I thought about it the more I thought people should know what happened.

Rebecca Whitfield

It is always unfortunate when a wayward child causes pain and heartache for both the parents and to the others involved. Your Mother was very fortunate to have a caring daughter like you.

Nothing is more important than the safety and wellbeing of our residents. We have always maintained 24/7 security, along with surveillance cameras throughout our community. It’s always a good idea to lock belongings inside the apartment.

Living at Tarrytowne

When it’s time to leave your home of many years, you move to Tarrytowne Estates Retirement Community. I moved in April 2014. It was the first place I visited. I walked through the door, stopped, and was in awe of the pretty living room and dining area. Residents were playing cards, watching TV, working on different projects and having fun. It felt like home. I said to myself, “THIS IS IT”! We then went to explore the grounds, buildings, and apartments. He showed me the beautiful apartment that I now live in. I was so impressed with all the activities, and a bus that takes you to the doctors, shopping, and to the grocery store. We have three very good meals a day. We celebrate all birthdays during lunch. Everyone is so friendly, loving, and caring, and always there for you. I call Tarrytowne my last stop, and until then I will enjoy every minute of each day.

I think she is fairly happy there.

I think she is fairly happy there. There haven't been any issues so far. They have been very responsive. The food seems good, there are activities to choose from. We have been pretty pleased with it.

the feel of the place

That the staff seem to care about the people there. And the comfort of the place is real good makes it feel like home. She only been there a few months and I like it.

Not recommended

Safety an issue. Managers did not act fast enough after repeated concerns. Also, problems in dining ie food took to long to be served.

Rebecca Whitfield

We at Tarrytowne Estates will do just about anything to ensure our residents are safe and happy. Life alert pendants are issued to every new resident and our 24 hour security monitoring system give residents and families a piece of mind know there loved ones are safe. The food service is the best around. Just ask the residents and visiting family and friends. The dinning service is rotated daily. One day in front, one day in back. The speed in which the food arrives depends on were you choose to sit that day. Please come join us for lunch and experience what we have to offer

It is nice that they have the meals, and the maid service, and the people are very friendly. Overall, it is a good experience.

Excellent Living Facilities for the one bedroom and above. Outdoor fish pond and walking areas are good. Studio Efficiency does not provide enough room for any kind of kitchen functions fridge very small and if modified for larger one, remaining space would not provide enough room for Microwave). Location is a bit too far West from the Memorial/Inner Loop area for family and friends visits. Finally, price would appear to be on the high side.

Sunshine

While it's great to hear you enjoyed some of our features, we are sorry the studio apartments were not right for your needs. Please let us know if ever you are in the market for a one or two bedroom apartment, as these are much larger in size.

A fantastic experience at Tarrytowne.

My parents are adjusting so much better than expected thanks to Tarreytowne. Moved from MS, and this is their 1st move ever, therefore extremely hard for them. The week before we moved, they customized the apt., added requested features, and the day we moved, they put up mirrors, and safely bars specifically to my dad's needs. They have made caring friends that are much like them. They have helped in every aspect of settling comfortably here! Personal could not be more helpful, they drop everything to help me with what I need. The food is good, and the servers and chefs are very friendly. I could not be any more pleased with the doctor, Zachary Smith, who comes to the community, never have I gone to a more helpful and concerned doctor. Our Tarrytowne experience could not be much better! I am so thankful this is the community we chose for my parents.

Sunshine

We are so happy to hear your parents have had such a nice time settling in to our community. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can to make their experience event better here at Tarrytowne Estates.

My experience with Tarrytowne Estates...

My experience with Tarrytowne Estates has been excellent. My mom loves it there. I haven't seen my mom this happy in a long time. She's able to get her hair done once a week at an affordable cost, which she loves. She enjoys the food. The staff is so sweet. They have an open door policy, and they listen to everyone. I's a great place. Overall, I'm very satisfied.

Sunshine

You made our day knowing your mother is so happy at Tarrytowne Estates. It's great to hear she is enjoying so many of our amenities. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make her experience (or yours) even better!

We really, really liked it there.

It is a great buy, but you do have to be more or less independent. You can hire an agency to come and help out, and they have a few there that are really good. We really, really liked it there. After a while we just needed more.

Sunshine

Lynn, I'm sorry to hear we are no longer a good fit for your loved one, but are happy he/she enjoyed their stay at Tarrytowne Estates. We thank you for sharing your experience on SeniorAdvisor.com

More than pleased!

My participation was in helping a friend find a place for herself. She contacted "A Place for Mom," was provided a list of possible places. After visiting one other place, and then TarryTowne Estates, she was convinced that she had found the "perfect" place for her. Since moving in last week, she has expressed her heartfelt thanks to "A Place for Mom," and to TarryTowne Estates for providing her with "just what she needed," a place to be comfortable, welcomed, well taken care of in so many ways, while offering excellent meals, a friendly atmosphere, and activities of all kinds. She has expressed several times, "I think i must have died and gone to heaven!"

Sunshine

Richard, you made our day! The comfort and happiness of each resident is our number one priority, and it's great to hear that your friend can see this.

The staff is excellent if I could give them better than a five I would.

The staff is excellent if I could give them better than a five I would. This was the very best I have found, both as far as value as well as quality. The food is really great, in fact they have a menu everyday and put it out for the week, and they have an alternate menu to order from. They have lots of options and they are very obliging with that. I really like that they have a monitor that you wear around your neck and they man them at the front desk day and night. They will see it immediately. They are super responsive that way. No one else seemed to do that. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sunshine

Our staff is very passionate about delivering the absolute best in quality and service. We are here for you 24/7 and will continue to strive to deliver an enjoyable lifestyle. Let us know if we can do anything to improve your experience even more.

It's very good!

So far my experience with Terrytown Estates has been very good. I've been very pleased and have no complaints.

Sunshine

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are dedicated to providing a safe and enjoyable quality of life for the Tarrytowne family.

This is the first place we looked at....

This is the first place we looked at. All of the other locations we visited / researched were compared to Tarrytowne Estates None of them even came close. We moved my father in law in two weeks ago and we are still very pleased.

Sunshine

The team here at Sunshine is dedicated to exceeding our residents expectations and delivering a quality living experience. We are very pleased to hear that you and your father in law are enjoying being a part of our family.

I thought this place offere...

I thought this place offered assisted living, but it does not! And I was invited for lunch, which took nearly an hour to get and only two choices. My dad would not be able to deal with this. I was seated with 2 residents (strangers) who didn't have fantastic things to say about the place.

Sunshine

I am sorry to hear your experience in our dining room was not satisfactory. We would love the opportunity to invite you back and sample our gourmet chef-prepared meals again, with hopes of meeting your expectations.

Good Interim Care

They've been very active in helping us so it's been good to have the support there. It's a good interim place for care. My parents are a little more independent but they will be moving toward more assisted living in the future. There is a company in the building that can help with that, things like medical reminders, but it's not a full-blown assisted living. The activities, there have been a couple of times that things have been cancelled so that's why I rated it lower. The value is good but it's not awesome. It's expensive but not unreasonable like some other places.

Sunshine

While it seems like Tarrytowne Estates was a good candidate for your parents, we are sorry to hear they didn't stay longer. We now have a dedicated Activity Director who provides our residents with a comprehensive wellness and fitness program, and are confident your parents would be impressed! As an all-inclusive community, there is one monthly cost, everything is included: meals, utilities, transportation, maintenance, social events, activity program and more! Please let us know if you're in the market for a retirement in Houston again.

Sunshine

I was very impressed with T...

I was very impressed with Tarrytowne and with Keith as well as another manager I spoke with. I will be back in touch with Keith with additional questions.

Sunshine

Keith is a great resource and will be able to answer all your questions. We hope to see you again at Tarrytowne Estates soon.

$2000 -$3400. Warm independently owne...

$2000 -$3400. Warm independently owned community. Lots of activities.

Sunshine

One of the many amenities at Tarrytowne is a wellness and fitness program, social mixers as well as a full daily calendar of events. We are glad you were able to see this, and hope you or your loved one is able to take advantage of this program.

Nice independent living appartments, ...

Nice independent living appartments, but not an assisted living facility. Not what we are looking for.

Sunshine

We are sorry to hear Tarrytowne Estates did not meet your needs. If you ever are looking for an independent all-inclusive community, please consider us.

Dad should be moving here for a tempo...

Dad should be moving here for a temporary stay of 3 months in March.

Very warm reception by staff and resi...

Very warm reception by staff and residents. Beautiful grounds. Great looking apts. and common areas.

Loved the property and the staff. To...

Loved the property and the staff. Top of list right now for Houston.

Sunshine

Music to our ears! Thanks for your review.

Mom has seen the pool, aquatics progr...

Mom has seen the pool, aquatics program, big 2 bd apts. even 2 apt. remodels.

Sunshine

Glad to hear your mom was able to visit our community. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Has 1400 square foot double apartment...

Has 1400 square foot double apartment with large storage area. It is $3600 for one person. Best use of space with large room like a living room. About ten minutes from my house but easy to get to coming home from work.