Be careful before you choose this place

Be careful. We were told prior to admission that care was covered under my mom's insurances. She received a bill from house doctor for $5000.00 for her two month stay in SNF. They were "going to look into it", but said she was responsible for that, in addition to other out of pocket charges discussed ahead of time. We had a lot of issues with basics such as feeding when we were not there to assist and being left in soiled diapers for long periods of time. My mom was unable to do these for herself because both shoulders were broken, hence a SNF unit. If you could do things such as feeding, bathing, and using restroom by yourself they seemed OK, but my mom needed more care.

Julie Fenske, Executive Director

Julie,

I want to sincerely apologize again for any inconvenience this has caused you and your mother. As we discussed earlier, we are taking all necessary steps to ensure this doesn’t happen again, and are working with our group of physicians to find an acceptable resolution for your family. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, and I look forward to speaking with you again shortly.

Julie Fenske,
Executive Director, The Buckingham

Very good care overall, and great food!

This review is specifically for the assisted living and skilled nursing sections of The Buckingham, The Plaza. I believe they do a great job at both levels of care, although the longterm nursing is particularly good. At all levels of care, the independent living included, the food is incredible. It's very well prepared and they've got a lot of variety in the menu. They also have a lot for the residents to do, although I feel like they could do a better job at having activities targeted at individuals. I would definitely recommend taking a look into this community.

All levels of care--COntinual Care re...

All levels of care--COntinual Care retirement community. Beautiful and excellent location-- Will not allow Mom and Dad and Mom to live together unless Mom went into assisted living due to Dad's mild dementia-- Not an option at this time. An option for Mom possibly later on. $5k to $8k per month depending upon apt. size. Buy-in required starting at $250k--90% refundable to estate.

Nice pool, big 2bed plus den, but the...

Nice pool, big 2bed plus den, but the crowd looks dressy